Knife Sharpening

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you get your knives professionally sharpened once a year or 2? We just took our knives to be sharpened and I tell ya!! What a huge difference! I recommend that everyone who uses kitchen knives, should get their knives sharpened at least once every 2 years. It even changes the way you cook if you can cut your food up so nicely and easily.

No, it's something we should do, but apart from a few really good knives, ours are of modest good quality, i'm not sure getting them sharpened would be worth the effort. To say the truth, i don't even know where in my area i could find someone to sharpen knives.

I take my chain saw blades to get them professionally sharpened but I do our knives myself... Bought a neat sharpener that does knives and scissors... Really worlks nicely.

We inherited my husband's mother's knives. We thought they were kinda junky and cheap but the knife guy really liked them. After they were sharpened, they work great. We sharpened our own as well and we thought it was good enough but there's nothing like having them done professionally. They were easier to maintain the edge after they were done by professionals.

Back