What to use on rosacea?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys.

My mum has rosacea and i was wondering what foundation is best to cover it up?

I live in Australia & i don't want anything too pricey.

Maybe Revlon or Maybelline or something...

Help would be much appreciated, thank you ! :)

- Jessicaa.

That just makes her face green. :|

I need to find an excellent covering foundation... Not just concealer.

No, it doesn't. It will cancel out the red. It will not make her face green. It is a primer, not a concealer.

I have never heard of a green primer turning someone's face green. I myself have used green correctors, and they are great for counteracting redness.

Just how much did you put on your face that you turned it green? You would have to put on a ton!

I put on a tiny bit, like on a tiny pimple, and it turned green and it didn't even cover.

I'll go take a look at the bottle.

even green concealers i have used have sometimes been hard to blend so i understand where the "turning green" thing comes from. try find a light green or like mentioned a primer so it just cancels out as apposed to making her look like she comes from outer space. its pricey, but the estee lauder double wear is REALLY good coverage?

I always assumed that with green concealers, you had to put makeup over it. Just not as much as you normally would need to. Am I wrong?

Not you're not. Whether it's green primer, or green concealer, you have to apply another product to cover the green.

Let me explain, first you apply the green, until you don't see the red anymore, then you apply another product (something matching your skintone) to hide the green. Then set.

I use a green primer (the HD from Makeup Forever), which will leave a certain green sheen to my face if i only apply it, but it's made to cover redness only. That's why once it's dry i apply my liquid foundation above, and set.

I personally prefer to use a green primer. Once you applied your foundation, you don't see the green anymore. The green concealer is really tricky to blend and cover, it's something i haven't mastered yet.

I suggest a medium coverage foundation, which you would layer and pat on. This ensures a better coverage on the areas needed.

Because i think it's also an inflammation/irritation of the skin (in my case), i also tend to use my mineral foundation, which i find more soothing.

Another thing your mother could look into is camouflage makeup, which is designed also to cover rosacea. I hear Dermablend from Vichy is quite good. Some theatrical products might also help, i was thinking of tattoo cover from Ben Nye.

My recipe when the skin is turning red and burning is Clinique anti red soulution products and then a full covering foundation. Green consealer and a primer is a must too.

Thanks for posting this.

I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and have always wondered about green primers.

When I'm finished no buy I plan on getting a sample of MUFE HD green primer.

There is a yellow color corrector specifically for rosacea at exact match minerals. it works great and it is soothing to the skin. it will completely erase the red with no green. clinique has one like it but the one at exact match minerals is cheaper.

Originally Posted by Shelley /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for posting this.
I have broken capillaries on my cheeks and have always wondered about green primers.

When I'm finished no buy I plan on getting a sample of MUFE HD green primer.

I have one from L'oreal Studio secret professional and are satisfied.

Back