Another Rant

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been surfing around on several makeup sites and is anyone else shocked at the price people are asking for used makeup. I am talking about lipsticks 40% left for $9.00 (a new lippy is $14.00 I believe, 1/2 would be $7.00, you are asking for more than 1/2 and there isnt half left, besides the fact that it is used, so take off another dollar). Some people are asking $9.00 for eyeshadow pan with dip in the middle(and we are not talking about anything LE). Please do not take this personally. I am specifically talking about another board here and I wonder how they sell anything. Some people are selling regular pigments for $4.00 each for 1/4 tsp. If you get 12 1/4 tsp out of a jar, you are making $48.00 off of an $18.50 jar. I understand profit but that is more than double. I think the thing is, I look at these items because I think I might help someone get rid of something but for those prices, I will get them new at MAC. I am sorry, had to get this off my chest, it has been driving me nuts!

Originally Posted by LuckyMe I have been surfing around on several makeup sites and is anyone else shocked at the price people are asking for used makeup. I am talking about lipsticks 40% left for $9.00 (a new lippy is $14.00 I believe, 1/2 would be $7.00, you are asking for more than 1/2 and there isnt half left, besides the fact that it is used, so take off another dollar). Some people are asking $9.00 for eyeshadow pan with dip in the middle(and we are not talking about anything LE). Please do not take this personally. I am specifically talking about another board here and I wonder how they sell anything. Some people are selling regular pigments for $4.00 each for 1/4 tsp. If you get 12 1/4 tsp out of a jar, you are making $48.00 off of an $18.50 jar. I understand profit but that is more than double. I think the thing is, I look at these items because I think I might help someone get rid of something but for those prices, I will get them new at MAC. I am sorry, had to get this off my chest, it has been driving me nuts! Bleh, that SO grosses me out that people do that.
I've also been realizing more and more that a lot of stuff on Ebay that is "BNIB" has to be either stolen from a dept store stock room or employee gratis. When people post about their MAC "wholesale" lots, it's a bunch of crap.

yeah, i know what you mean.

i sell samples for whatever i bought them for if i've never used them.

or i'll try to sell something that i tested one or two times on my hand, and people will want to try to buy it for half the selling price even though i already took $1 off for testing it.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess some of the sellers prey on unsuspecting customers, unlike yourself. Good job at noticing the scam-artists/crooks. Maybe someone will read your thread and take notice as well. Some people are just so disgustingly greedy and selfish.
mad.gif

edit: this is my 666 post muahhahahaha
tongue.gif

that really is just disgusting!!! I guess thats gonna b the case with the pigments tho - they're so expensive that most ppl can't get all the ones they want so there's a gap in the market for mean and greedy shysters to swoop in and take all our money for wanting a tiny bit of mu - we're a vulnerable group!!! addicted one and all...

xxxc

I also dont understand when people post:

"SIB used 5 times"

Well, you may have the box still, but it IS used. Just put used 5 times or BNIB if thats the case.

Back