Becks: Fears for son Romeo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ANGUISHED David Beckham yesterday told how he and Victoria have been beside themselves with worry over Romeo’s hospital dashes.

The three-year-old was admitted to a Madrid hospital on Tuesday suffering convulsions for the second time in three days.

And the 30-year-old England skipper admitted: “It’s been a tough week for the whole family. It’s worrying when your son goes into hospital twice in three days.â€

Doctors became concerned when Romeo developed a fever of 107.6°F and kept him in for observation.

Becks delayed joining the England squad after getting permission to be at his son’s bedside with Victoria, 31.

He said: “It's probably been one of the worst weeks of my life because of what’s happened to my son. It’s been hard.â€

Romeo has previously suffered convulsions twice while in England.

He was a year old when first taken to hospital near the family’s Herts home, Beckingham Palace, in October 2003. He was admitted for a second time last July.

On Saturday last week he was rushed in yet again, this time to Madrid’s La Paz hospital. His parents were pictured carrying the barefoot tot into A&E.

Romeo was released hours later after tests — only to fall ill again on Tuesday.

This time doctors only allowed him home following a night’s observation.

The tot is believed to have been placed on medication.

Yesterday Real Madrid midfielder Becks said the latest scare had made it difficult to focus on England’s crucial Word Cup qualifiers against Austria and Poland.

He added: “It makes it hard to concentrate on anything but the family.â€

Becks was sent off during the 1-0 win over Austria on Saturday and so will miss Wednesday’s Poland clash.

But he said he would be in the stadium at Old Trafford to cheer on his team-mates.

Becks said: “I’ll speak to Madrid first and see what they want me to do but I’ll definitely be here for the game against Poland and I’ll be looking after my son as well.â€

David and Victoria stayed at a hotel in Salford with Romeo and elder brother Brooklyn, five, after England qualified for the World Cup Finals on Saturday.

Neither Brooklyn nor the couple’s eight-month-old son Cruz have suffered any similar problems.

0,,2005470090,00.jpg

Too much chasing of that husband of hers! haha

Originally Posted by Trisha i think she looks haggard too! its all that pouting!

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL true!
just curious, do you guys in USA like the Beckhams? x

cos we are sick of them here!

l like her hubby cause he is nice to look at. But I am sure we dont get bombarded with them in the press like you do.

Originally Posted by Trisha to each their own i guess! even if i thought he was hot, once he opened his mouth to speak,that would put me right off! LOL x He is just purdy to look at.
1996406,tid=d.jpg

HAAAAAA, I've never heard him talk. I just love the way he dresses and the way he looks. He's a good trophy boyfriend... "just sit there and look pretty darrrlin'"
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha to each their own i guess! even if i thought he was hot, once he opened his mouth to speak,that would put me right off! LOL x

I do hope they find out what's wrong with the little angel.

If it means staying in the hospital indefinitely, just do it,

We like Mr. Becks over here, cause like Marisol said he is purdy and nice to look at. But I do agree with Trisha, once he opens his mouth and starts talking it's just not the same. If anyone has seen the interview the Becks did with Ali G a few years back, I'm sure you would agree, too. It was beyond hilarious.

Originally Posted by Trisha LOL true!
just curious, do you guys in USA like the Beckhams? x

cos we are sick of them here!

I don't follow them....never cared for Victoria Beckham either, don't see what the fuss is about her husband, they are just not celebrities I care to read about. She doesn't interest me in the least and just looks like a toothpick with two balls glued to her chest.
But then there are plenty of USA celebrities I feel the same way about too. (Britney, for one)

UPDATE

Posh: Romeo's much better

Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham spoke of her relief that son Romeo is on the mend.

She left Romeo’s side for the first time in weeks to attend Monday night’s (Oct 10) Pride Of Britain Awards.

The mum-of-three told the Daily Mirror: “Romeo is doing much better now thanks.

“It's been a really trying time for all of us but the important thing is we are all together as a family. We'll be OK. He really is feeling much better now.â€

Victoria, 31, also revealed how much being at the awards and meeting the winners meant to her.

Husband David, 30, couldn’t be there, but he did make a surprise visit to one winner – nine-year-old Hope Farrelly.

She said: “David and I are really touched by anything to do with children, and so we're really honoured to be involved.â€

“I'm so pleased to just be here and lend some support. It's an amazing event and the stories are just incredible. I'll be leaving with lots of great memories.â€

Later on in the evening Posh was sitting with ex-footballer Gary Lineker and began to tease him about the tight shorts England stars used to wear.

She said cheekily: “David and I were watching old clips of matches and your outfits made us laugh.

“I like the tight look, they should try them out again.â€

When it was time to leave Victoria explained: “I wish I could stay but I've just had a call from my boys who are waiting at Heathrow in their dressing gowns to fly back to Madrid, so I've got to rush to be with them and put them to bed.â€

Back