Best concealer for blemishes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone give me a suggestion as to which concealer is best at concealing blemishes(pimples, red acne marks etc).

I'm thinking of buying the double wear concealer with the foundation.

Ta!

To cover redness it's best to use a green shaded concealer, I have found that with my blemishes if I use a regular concealer they seem stand out more, it's best to keep as much off of it as possible. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the tip! But when I tried using a green concealer before, the area around the redness goes green :kopfkratz:, any idea how to stop the concealer making green circles on my face?

I don't need it that often, but when I do, I use Stila Cover Up Stick, a matte flesh toned concealer. I think it's easier to blend than any of the colored ones, and it'll cover the redness suffeciently.

for the green stuff, you're supposed to apply it until you don't see any redness, and then apply concealer on top. very important if you don't want to look like Yoda...

i was considering buying stila, but i don't know what to choose between the pot and the stick.

What you need to do is put the concealer on and THEN do your base. A good tip is the prep your face (of course) do the green cover-up on the red spots, apply foundation as you normally would but NOT in the places where the concealer is (save it for last in other words) then dab the foundation on top of the concealer (spreading the foundation may spread the concealer and you don't want that.

At least thats how I did it when I was wearing liquid foundation. Hope you are able to find out something that works for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the Stila Cover up Stick as well, but if my blemish is really dark red, the makeup just makes it appear purple :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. (I'm really light complected.) Maybe using the green concealer also would help. Smashbox makes a green-tinted primer, too.

Sadly, I have TONS of acne scars and MAC's studio finish concealer hides them really well.

I have that concealer and can recommend it to cover redness on my cheek but I wonder if you would be better off with one that contains salycilic acid? I know Clinique do one specifically for covering zits. Maybe however having the same foundations and concealer would work better, arghhhhh my head! The double wear concealer is excellent. Sorry HTH a bit lol.

I use an oil-free camoflouge by glominerals. When I'm doing an application I spot it over problem areas first, then proceed to the base and everything else. After everthing else is done, use the camofluouge again or a concealer and spot and blend into other makeup. In my experience thus far it never fails. A blending sponge works good to blend. Also I'm a firm believer in gold or yellow undertones for all skin colors, just finding the right hue is the key.

Back