Beyonce Opens Up to Vanity Fair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As if Beyonce wasn't enough to satisfy audiences, now the secret of "Sasha" is out. That's the name Beyonce has given her stage persona, according to the November issue of Vanity Fair.

"I always held back in Destiny's Child, because I was comfortable in a group and felt that I didn't have to do anything 100 percent, because there were other people onstage with me. I would not lose myself or go all the way," she told the magazine.

"The first step to (going all the way) was `Dangerously in Love.' I just wanted people to really hear me, hear my voice and my tastes. For the first time, I wasn't afraid, I didn't feel limited. I wanted people to hear my range, because I can sing like a rapper, I can flow, I can sing soul songs, I can do rock, and I wanted people to hear that."

As usual, she was coy about her relationship with Jay-Z, although she did say they're not engaged, let alone secretly married as some have claimed.

Jay-Z spoke about their musical relationship: "We exchanged audiences. Her records are huge Top 40 records, and she helped `Bonnie and Clyde' go to No. 1. What I gave her was a street credibility, a different edge."

Beyonce didn't have that edge growing up.

"I went to private school, we had a very nice house, cars, a housekeeper," she said. "I wasn't doing (singing) because I didn't have a choice, or to support the family, or because I had to get out of a bad situation. I just was determined."

Originally Posted by Marisol I just wanted people to really hear me, hear my voice and my tastes. Em hello woman.. You WERE the lead singer in the group. We heard your voice, believe me!
I used to really like her but since going solo i just aint feeling it anymore
frown.gif

I feel she is over as much as I feel j.lo is over....ohhhhhhhhhoh can we add britney to the list to????

I like her voice and I think she has talent, but she gets on my nerves sometimes due to major over exposure.

some of her songs are good. but i'm tired of her too. she has this dead look in her eyes or something. like all she does is smile. i watched her on punk'd and all she did was just smile.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Da, da, da, done with her. How can she say they held her back when she was the one with the most lead vocals? I'm thinking those extensions are too tight or the glue is seeping into her brain. We got it, you were the STAR!

I'm not a hater, I actually loved her solo cd, just don't step all over the other girls.

So Beyonce is now Sasha, Mariah is now Mimi and Madonna is now Esther. What is wrong with these people that they have different names for their "dual personalities"? Ask me, I think fame & money make people nuts. Case & point above.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia Da, da, da, done with her. How can she say they held her back when she was the one with the most lead vocals? I'm thinking those extensions are too tight or the glue is seeping into her brain. We got it, you were the STAR!
I'm not a hater, I actually loved her solo cd, just don't step all over the other girls.

Lol, I liked her solo cd too, but you can't begin to think you were bigger than the group because she needed that platform to get her where she is now.

Yeah Liz Ur Right All She Does Is Smile We Dont Even Know How She "really" Acts, Im Over Her To, But I Loveee Her Music.

Held her back? It was always "Beyonce's Child"..she was always thrust center in everything and it was always evident that she was the "star" when Michelle and Kelly were beside her, even though they are equally or more talented. I don't know if the alter ego of some stars is just a show of self-importance/narcissism. Sasha. Gawd!

Back