body fat %

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out these sites:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_fat_percentage.html (I can't imagine that the calculator would be extremely accurate, depending on the amount of muscle you have, some of your body measurements may be larger but you'll still be healthy! But they have some helpful tables at the bottom of the page!)

(the domain name on that last site makes me laugh, am-i-fat, lol)

The numbers on the first site match most closely with what I learned in my high school and college fitness classes. Women should stay above 10% or 12% (depending on who you ask) to ensure that all of our female organs are working correctly....

A quick Google search will yield more info if you're interested!

Originally Posted by girl_geek Check out these sites:
http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_fat_percentage.html (I can't imagine that the calculator would be extremely accurate, depending on the amount of muscle you have, some of your body measurements may be larger but you'll still be healthy! But they have some helpful tables at the bottom of the page!)

(the domain name on that last site makes me laugh, am-i-fat, lol)

The numbers on the first site match most closely with what I learned in my high school and college fitness classes. Women should stay above 10% or 12% (depending on who you ask) to ensure that all of our female organs are working correctly....

A quick Google search will yield more info if you're interested!

OK I know those body fact calculators are not that accurate ... the "more accurate" one said 31% for me, the other said 24%, and while I don't know my current body fat I'm sure it's a lot less than that! It was around 11-13% when I was in high school and I've only gained a few pounds since then -- though I have lost some muscle
wink.gif
And if 31% is almost obese, there is no way I am obese -- I am 5'5" and 110 lbs, for goodness sakes, that's BELOW a healthy weight for my height!
While I don't remember my wrist and hip measurements from high school, I entered in my waist and height measurments from high school in the first calculator, and it said 20%! But I had it calculated several times by more accurate methods, and it ranged from 11-13% since I was very athletic at the time and had (and still have) a very high metabolism -- my legs were amazingly firm with muscle! I miss my muscular legs now! lol

However, if you've had your body fat calculated by a more reliable method, then these tables will tell you how healthy you are!

sounds about right jen
smile.gif
and sheesh 5'5 and 110? you must be a really skinny lol..about a year ago i use to do modeling and i was 5'7 then and weighed about 120 (this was exactly where my weight should be to do such) and now think im nearly 5'8 and weigh pretty much the same. Though i gain weight in the winter lol (gained 3 pounds already) so just watched what i ate for awhile and back to normal now. (i'm also very small boned though, so if i want boobs and a butt i cant be to thin lmao!!)

Yeah, I've always had a high metabolism and I can eat *almost* anything I want and keep the same weight -- if I eat tons of junk food or something I'll gain a few pounds
wink.gif
But I also have a small frame and a boyish figure, no hips and fairly small boobs, which makes it hard for me to find "grown up" clothes for work. But whenever I gain weight it goes right to my tummy since I'm not exercising anymore.
frown.gif
Even at my weight I have a little tummy roll -- hubby thinks it's funny, well, someday he'll be fat if he keeps eating like he does
wink.gif

And 120 lbs and 5'7" / 5'8" is also very skinny! Only 10 lbs heavier than me but 2-3" taller -- we're really about the same!

hehe true true
smile.gif
...luckily my weight goes to the other places first aha so i have quite a "curvacious" figure (also i jogged everday through out the summer...well maybe not everyday, but atleast 3 times a week lol:p) so for me my theory is i dont care how much i weigh as long as my stomach is flat aha

I wouldn't believe what those calculators say. They are just general estimates that can be way off. Try getting measured by someone who knows their stuff if you can.

Back