Concealer one shade lighter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Am thinknig of buying a concealer,

I read somewhere that one should buy a concealer one shade lighter rather that ones actual shade, does everyone buy concealer a shade lighter?

I either buy one shade lighter or somewhat close to my shade. All I need to conceal is circles under my eyes, and what shade I get depends on the brand and the formulation.

It's always better to go lighter than darker...but if you are able to find the shade that actually matches your skin, then go for that, especially if you are not going to be wearing heavy makeup over it.

go a shade lighter because when you put your foundation on it won't make the concealer part look darker or patchy. that's what my Mom sais.

a shade lighter for undereye, then I try to match my skintone in other areas.

Yeah, but don't go too much lighter -- you surely don't want that scary reverse-racoon thing where there's a very visible light patch under the eyes!

Yes a shade lighter and then mix a little bit of your foundation with it.

when i use a shade lighter it works since i do everything in this order:

primer->concealer->foundation->powder

if i do all of that things work perfectly and noone can see the dark spots hidden on my face:whistling:

Hi,

Exactly, just a shade lighter.
icon14.gif

I try to find a concealor that matches my skin as closely as possible -- if it matches my skin, then the concealor itself shouldn't show up! Concealor that is too light will either just make your undereye area ligher than the rest of your face, or it can also make blemishes look like light spots on your face. But if the concealor matches, you don't have to worry about those things! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I suppose that a little lighter would be better than a little darker, if you couldn't find a perfect match...

I think it's personal preference. Just find the one you like, whether it matches your skin or is a shade lighter and go from there and experiment with both to find which one you like better, it always helps to ask some one else in person to see what they think?? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back