Dating friends ex?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
is it an unwritten rule that you can't date someone your friend has? or you shouldn't sleep with guys that your friends have? i feel it's kind of sick sleeping with someone your close friends have..but how do you guys feel about both situations?

I would have to agree in most situations. I wouldn't want that kind of "baggage" along with a guy. It would kinda freak me out in a way too...i think i'm too tired to be posting right now lol

I believe there is a difference between dating a friend's old flame that she loved and dating a guy she dated but never loved.

To be 100% sure she won't mind me dating either guy, I would ask for her opinions before I went out on a date.

Guys come and go, but friends do not. Always respect your friend's feelings.

I agree. Like, I was in love with my boyfriend, we were together for nearly 3 years. He ended it recently, and I would be very unhappy if any of my friends wanted to date him. It would be so uncomfortable.

IMHO, as a personal rule, I don't date friends' exes... And I don't date my exes' friends either... That's just me though...

Well.. If their relationship was YEARS ago and they are both past it, i would think that it would be ok. When i say years ago, i do NOT mean last year or 2 years.. I mean QUITE a long time.. 5 or better. Talk to your friend.. people change..

I agree, there's an unwritten rule!

Sadly, last month I found out my friend doesn't know this rule... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It made me really sad, not the thought of them dating as much as knowing she would do that to me, because I know I'd never do that to her. I guess I've found out she doesn't value our friendship as much as I do and that's what hurts the most. so bottom line: don't ever do it to a friend you care for!

i think its wrong if you dont tell your friend. honestly you cant chhose who you fall for whether its on purpose or not. i have dated many of my friends ex'es but i was always honest and of course when i had that many BF's so did my friends, but regardless i always went to my friend and always explained to her the situation, and i feel that as long as you do that, then really nothing else matters.

if your friend dont have feelings for him or him for her then i dont see the big deal like rlise said you cant help who you fall for i once dated a guy and broke up with him cause i didnt have feelings for him and after my friends husband pass away she ended up with that ex and they got married and there was no hard feelings i had moved on way befor they even hook up.. so i guess it would depend on the situation but if your friend dont mind i would say go for it! as far as sleeping with the same guys no thats a turn off for me i dont like to sleep with the same guys or guy as my friend

My oppinion I would never date a girl my friend dated....especially if it was like for 2 years and they were real serious, I could just never bring myself to do that...

I don't mind my friends dating an ex or ex-hookup especially if i'm totally over him and there's no baggage or feelings there. I see this way...maybe i got with him so that they could meet. i was just a vehicle of destiny. who am i to say hands off forever just because it didn't work out with us. there are too many more important things in life and plus at school, there are so few guys that you're bound to get with SOMEONE's ex

i wouldnt mind if my friend would date someone i have dated. i would mind if she would date the x love of my life.

and i would ask my friend too first if i would date someone she dated. but i wouldnt dare ask her if i could date the x love of her life, and i wouldnt.

I feel this way too.The ex loves of your life--no, there should be no trespassing over that boundary by friends...But just someone I dated for a while,then we broke up, no hard feeligs on either side, that would be perfectly fine if a friend started seeing that person...

i would have to agree with both of you there are certain boundary..

I would strongly advice against it because down the line, it will come back and bite you in the ass. It will give your friend and Excuse to walk over you and you will accept that behavior because you feel you deserve it for dating someone she used to.

oh boy don't!!! i speak from personal experience.. n this was after i asked her if it were awrite tht i go out with him... first everything was ya this is going smooth.. ppl talk plain rubbish or maybe we r mature enough to handle it... she burst out like a volcano when she realised things were getting a little hmmm steamy... a complete nightmare!!

morally, you should leave it alone. but if there are true sparks, i don't know. you do what's right for you and what will make you happy in the long run.

people always say that guys/girls come and go, but friends always stay. not true! not all the time anyway.

Back