Drill versus Grit Files?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I have just flown back to England to train as a Nail Technician. I have completed UV Gel, Fibreglass and Silk applications.

Some of the salons in town use the electric drills but other salons swear by using manual grit files and also produce fab results.

What are you opinions on both please as I am a novice at the moment but if the electric drills are fantastic then I will save up for one.

I have no experience on any of them, but i imagine manual files are easier to work, and less harsh to the nails

I've been getting my nails done for the past 10 years, and I've found that there are pros and cons to both. The drill is quicker, but destroys the nail. By hand takes longer, but is gentler. What I would do is offer both if possiable to clients.

I rather have the drill. Yeah i know it messes up your nails but its so much quicker!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've been getting my nails done for the past 10 years, and I've found that there are pros and cons to both. The drill is quicker, but destroys the nail. By hand takes longer, but is gentler. What I would do is offer both if possiable to clients. I agree.
I am a nail technician and a lot of people want the drill because it is faster and it takes less of their time. Some people are very sensitive to the drill and want it done by hand. I would definitely offer both. People have different opinions and needs.

I'm a nail technician too and I agree with what clwkerric says. When I went through college for it, I was trained how to use the drill. I assume you'll be trained with using the drill also?

It's good to have both, especially when you need to do a french rebalance, it makes it a heck of a lot easier than doing it by hand. But really, it's personal choice of the technician, but it's always good to have more than one option for your client.

I agree with my fellow nail techs. I did just want to point out that both methods can be damging without proper training. Too much pressure with a hand file and you can see just about the same damage on a nail as one that was damaged by a nail technician that was not properly trained to use the drill.

Latest posts

Back