Element 5/HOTNTRENDY

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ordered samples from Element 5 and was redirected to a site called Hot n Trendy. I ordered the samples anyway and paid with Paypal.I got an email from Hot n trendy saying thanks,but our offices are closed until March 15th 2007.The website did not state this information.What would you do? That is a long time to wait for a purchase.:frown:

I would email asking for your money back. That's a very long time to wait. If they didn't reply then I'd do a chargeback through paypal.

I did last night and got the same canned response about the offices being closed til March. I am sure I will be filing a claim though.

Email again saying you expect a refund within 7 days or you will be contacting paypal for a refund.

I've had a similar problem and got form emails until I sent one of those. Got the product I ordered 2 days later. Good luck!

Thanks,I'll do that. Paypal is awesome and they do protect the buyers.:cheer2:

Update....Paypal ruled in my favor...but the seller does not have the funds in their account to refund me.How does that happen since they are not open until March??

WOW..... i NEVER comment on other companies threads but that's just messy and bad business :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I hope it all works out for you. As far as I know ( someone may know more ) until Paypal can get the money from the buyer there isn't much you can do. How much did you spend with them?

That is awful! It's always a fear of mine when buying from someone I don't know. Its too bad. good luck

that sucks,they should of stated that on their site,bad for business and when you buy something you want it like yesterday not a month later:(

Yes it does look bad for them businesswise....I only spent 10.95 for samples,but they should have stated on the website that they were closed for an extended period of time. I am sure Paypal will get the money to me after they get funds in their account.

That is terrible Farris. I sincerely hope that Paypal is able to recover your money. Will keep my eyes, fingers, and toes crossed for you.

That's unbelievably unprofessional, I hope the refund gets returned to you soon-- paypal rocks like that.

I got my refund on Thursday! So I spent it on more samples with a company that is more professional.:rockwoot:

Latest posts

Back