Gifts from Ebay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking on ebay for an LV bag as a gift for a young girl and was wondering if that's wrong? It would definitely be new and unused, but she's only turning 14 and I don't think she would appreciate the money these bags go for. What do you all think? Would it be wrong? She actually sent me the pics of the ones she'd like. They are the Pouchette and Tango.

5d_1_b.JPG

db_1.JPG

Also, what should I be wary of? I'm not an ebay buyer, so if anyone has any good tips or any LV sellers that are great please let me know. If this doesn't work out, I'm just giving her cash.

hmm... I didn't get my first and only LV until I was 17. I don't really know what age is a good age to give someone a really expensive gift.. but if she knows which one she wants I'm sure she knows how much it costs. I'm not big into ebay either.. but i'm interested to see what everyone has to say..

Mary Amber

To be honest if you dont think she does appreciate the value of them then i wouldnt buy it. Maybe give cash or a GC instead and if she really wants the bag, then she can use the money you gave her to buy it. I know that my 17 year old sister would be just as happy with a fake so she could show off to her friends!

ditto to what lau said. also, not sure if those bags are ones you're specifically watching on ebay, but they're fake.

make sure you check sellers with VERY good feedback (and if they have bad ones, look them up and check why they got a negative) if you do go along with it.

there are TONS of fakes on ebay. if you want to get a fake one, just find some cart at a mall that sells them. but make sure she is ok with having a fake cause i would be pissed if i had gotten a fake. lol. but that's just me.

I say get her a gift card because a purse like that its too expensive for a girl her age. If you try to buy it on Ebay, chances are its a fake.

I'm 19 but when I was 14, I have heard of LV & know they r expensive. But if I were to receive a LV bag then, I would not have really treasure it as much as I would now. I guess u have to be sort of older & wiser to really appriciate an expensive bag. Like the others mentioned, u might want to juz give her cash, u can then tell her to think through carefully if the bag is wat she really wants, coz she might change her mind & if she realises that a LV bag is not wat she really wants after all, she can put the $$ that u give her to better use...

Alterntively, if u really want to get her the bag, maybe u would want to get it directly from an anutechnic LV shop instead of ebay to prevent getting fakes?

I agree with everyone else! eBay bags... 99 % of the time are fake. I would suggest a GC or cash too, but then cash can be so impersonal too. But then again when I was 14 all I wanted was GC's or cash!! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(I know that my nieces love Guess hand bags. They are so colorful and cute. Not too expensive either!) Good luck hun I hope everything works out for you!!

I can't deal with ebay, I don't know how you guys do it. I'm giving her cash along with everyone else. Maybe it will be enough for what she wants, and this way she can save up for it herself. Thanks everyone.

icon_smile.gif
Good idea! I never knew about fake stuff at ebay until recently! I would give her a gift card or cash too.

Originally Posted by Sofia I can't deal with ebay, I don't know how you guys do it. I'm giving her cash along with everyone else. Maybe it will be enough for what she wants, and this way she can save up for it herself. Thanks everyone.

All i know is if it is coming from china and the price is low, be cautious because i have bought from ebay sellers who claim 'authenticity' & the bag fell a part... but you can buy fake tags & receipts for so called authentic. maybe of the xoxo or guess monogram bags would be nice
icon_smile.gif

Back