Good school??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to attend a makeup school called Paramita academy of makeup!It is in Canada and I was just wondering if it is a recognized school and if its realy good???My plan is to end up in the hollywood industry but I want to start out in Canada...So I need advice on this school..

THANKS!!

Originally Posted by k111 Hello,I am going to attend a makeup school called Paramita academy of makeup!It is in Canada and I was just wondering if it is a recognized school and if its realy good???My plan is to end up in the hollywood industry but I want to start out in Canada...So I need advice on this school..

THANKS!!

Hi there
smile.gif
Just wanna say welcome to Mut. I'm Emmy from Canada. Do you live in Canada now, or going here for the schooling? I haven't heard anything about this school, but it's in PEI, which is probably why as I'm in Ontario
wink.gif
Have u visited the school before for a tour? If u have the $$$ and want to go into film and TV industry, as u said u want to end up in Hollywood, it would be good to actually go to a school in LA. There are tons of good schools there, like MUD, Empire and Westmore. JMHO...Good luck!!

Originally Posted by iloveparis Hi there
smile.gif
Just wanna say welcome to Mut. I'm Emmy from Canada. Do you live in Canada now, or going here for the schooling? I haven't heard anything about this school, but it's in PEI, which is probably why as I'm in Ontario
wink.gif
Have u visited the school before for a tour? If u have the $$$ and want to go into film and TV industry, as u said u want to end up in Hollywood, it would be good to actually go to a school in LA. There are tons of good schools there, like MUD, Empire and Westmore. JMHO...Good luck!! Hello,Thanks for the advice Emmy! I am Katlin! Have u gone to any of the schools in L.A? And I do live in Canada I am from New Brunswick Fredericton..I basically just wanted to get a feel for this career before I made a big move.. so I was thinking of taking a course at the paramita academy as its only a two month course..and its not far from home..then at least I have some experience before I go away to L.A..what do u think??Good idea??The thing is I am only 18..turning 19.. still young.. and have lots of time i guess!haaha but I want to start right away!! Because like I said I want to end up in the Hollywood Industry!

Thanks

Originally Posted by k111 Hello,Thanks for the advice Emmy! I am Katlin! Have u gone to any of the schools in L.A? And I do live in Canada I am from New Brunswick Fredericton..I basically just wanted to get a feel for this career before I made a big move.. so I was thinking of taking a course at the paramita academy as its only a two month course..and its not far from home..then at least I have some experience before I go away to L.A..what do u think??Good idea??The thing is I am only 18..turning 19.. still young.. and have lots of time i guess!haaha but I want to start right away!! Because like I said I want to end up in the Hollywood Industry!

Thanks

That's great that u know already what to do at such a young age
smile.gif
You do have a lot of time so there really is no rush. I haven't gone to school in LA but will be attending Complections Makeup School in Toronto (close to home) next year. Right now, what u can do is try to be an assistant to one of the established artists in ur area so u get a feel of what the industry is like. It's really competitive in the States, esp LA, so if u do want to pursue this after assisting, going to Toronto or Vancouver (ur home turf) might be an easier way to get into the industry.
Edit:

Just wanna add...if Hollywood is really where u wanna be, go for it!!! It's tough, but if it's want u wanna do, why not? But I do strongly suggest, as u are young, that u test it out first here at home
smile.gif

Originally Posted by iloveparis That's great that u know already what to do at such a young age
smile.gif
You do have a lot of time so there really is no rush. I haven't gone to school in LA but will be attending Complections Makeup School in Toronto (close to home) next year. Right now, what u can do is try to be an assistant to one of the established artists in ur area so u get a feel of what the industry is like. It's really competitive in the States, esp LA, so if u do want to pursue this after assisting, going to Toronto or Vancouver (ur home turf) might be an easier way to get into the industry.
Edit:

Just wanna add...if Hollywood is really where u wanna be, go for it!!! It's tough, but if it's want u wanna do, why not? But I do strongly suggest, as u are young, that u test it out first here at home
smile.gif

Just wondering if u have heard anything good about the school in Hollywood called the studio makeup academy..located in the major film industry????And in your opinion from what you have heard what is really the best school (best to get recognized)school in Hollywood??thanks!

just wanted to welcome you to mut! not too familiar with the schools. the only one i know of is MUD

Originally Posted by k111 Just wondering if u have heard anything good about the school in Hollywood called the studio makeup academy..located in the major film industry????And in your opinion from what you have heard what is really the best school (best to get recognized)school in Hollywood??thanks!

Hey Katlin,Check out this site:

http://www.make-upboard.com/showthread.php?t=383

This particular thread talked about a student's perspective when visiting the schools in California.

Another good school over there is the Joe Blasco school.

Good luck
smile.gif

Originally Posted by iloveparis Hey Katlin,Check out this site:

This particular thread talked about a student's perspective when visiting the schools in California.

Good luck
smile.gif

Thanks alot! It really helped!

Originally Posted by iloveparis Hey Katlin,Check out this site:

Good luck
smile.gif

Actually, from everything I've heard from past students and teachers...Joe Blasco is pretty outdated now...There are plenty of schools out here, just make sure you visit all of them so you can get a feel of which one you would want to attend...Do not just go by what you hear...everyone has different experiences and expectations.

Back