Healthy Intestinal Flora--How DO you maintain it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I always have bowel probelms and recently have been trying various methods to go more. I was told that there are some good vitamins and enzymes and oils that I can take daily to help. I already take acidophilis. Does any one have any other suggestions? Metamucil dosent work and oils like Flax seed gross me out. Help!

I've read that eating good quality yogurt will help have good intestinal flora. I think Stonyfeld is a good brand. I eat Fat Free Dannon because I'm watching my calories but there are other brands better than Dannon.

Be careful with antibiotics. They destroy the good bacteria but acidolphis helps to replenish it. Green drinks are also good for your colon.

try searching around envymi's (a mut member) threads in the health and fitness forum. she has threads about dietary things.

Acidophilis definitely works. I've also found that green tea works wonderful. It helps to cleanse the system.

Originally Posted by xotinkerbellglo I always have bowel probelms and recently have been trying various methods to go more. I was told that there are some good vitamins and enzymes and oils that I can take daily to help. I already take acidophilis. Does any one have any other suggestions? Metamucil dosent work and oils like Flax seed gross me out. Help! Psyllium Husk Powder.Try it. You can get it at a local health food store or vitamin store.

Back