Ihop

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went to IHOP today with my boyfriend, and I can not believe how horrible the service was. I ordered waffles, and this is what they brought me:

12-10-06_1454.jpg

is it even worth my time to call their hotline and complain??

Wow...that looked like they just took it out of the freezer and they defrosted it. There's an IHOP around my neighborhood and of the 23 yrs I lived there, I only been in there once and it was a school trip back in 5th grade! However, I would've complained. If I didn't, I wouldn't tip them for such bad service and/or food.

True story. I was at an Applebee's with my friend a couple of months back and it took 15 mins to get our order and over 30 mins to serve our food. I understand there's other ppl to serve, but at least have the decency to inform us of the delay or provide us with complimentary bread while we wait. I usually eat at Applebee's from time to time, but service was never this bad. What pissed me off was the fact the waiter took over 15 mins to hand us our check while he was busy chatting with these ladies a table away from us! So I didn't complain to the manager, but what I did was gave him exact cash for our meals w/o any tip whatsoever. AND I also wrote on the back of the receipt quoting the Mastercard commercials

"15 mins to wait on us...

30 mins to get cold food...

15 mins to get our check...

Not getting a tip...? PRICELESS"

I was going to write "for everything else there's the unemployment line" lol but i already thought that was mean enough not to tip him and to write an insult.

Well that is pretty pathetic - I would complain...just so they know. All they will offer you is a gift card right back there HAHA!

Man, I'm sorry. I totally would have complained if that's what I got on my order!

The ihop I go to has been around for 20+ years and they're always friendly, the owner lady goes around the table every time my hubby and I go there for breakfast.

I had nothing but BAD experiences at Applebees. The worst experience ever was when two friends of mine and I went, and our orders came in separately (like 15 minutes apart) and on top of it, one of my friend's order was not even hot! it seriously looked like they put it in the microwave, and the food was not completely thawed out and so it was still icy cold in the middle.

The worst part of it was the server at our table. He was the most imcompetent server ever, and tried to pick fights with my friend when she asked to talk to the manager. We were like WTF?!?!?! she was going to complain about the food only, but ended up complaining about him as well. (He kept coming around our table and ignored us when we tried to ask him for the bill, and actually tried to talk smack about us to the people in the next table!) In the end, the manager didn't charge us for dinner AND we got a free dessert, but yeah, after that, I haven't been to Applebee's. :sleepyhead:

email them and send em that pic! WOW!! I never had bad anything at the IHOP in my town! hOLY crap!

Wow! I could have made a better waffle from something out of the freezer. I generally never have problems with IHOP. But, I would definitely complain. They need to know that their service was unacceptable and the food was horrible..

I agree about Applebees also. I've never had anything but horrible service there. My parents were eating there one night and a lampshade came crashing down on their table (glass and all) in front of them and the manager did not even offer to pay for their meal. He said he would bring them out new plates of food, but that they would still have to pay for what they previously ordered.

huh? that's it? I'd go somewhere else and eat. .. I've onli ate @ Ihop twice and both times were okie. Although for the price (not expensive ) i think i make better pancakes from scratch :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have had really bad service at IHOP too. I did end up complaing to the manager and haven't went back, happend about two years ago. We always get better food and service at Denny's.

I agree with the slow/bad service at Applebee's.

Sorry, that sucks. send that picture now!!

all my previous visits to I-Hop were fine. food & servers were good actually.

that definately would have been sent back to kitchen! bump that! however my IHOP is the BOMB, the girls are fiendin for the tips so they provide awesome service. i would soo call and talk to the shift manager!

yeah.. mabey send them an email with the picture..

they should be made aware when it's time to upgrade their service..

Sorry about your crappy IHOP experience! I would definitely call, you might get free food out of it at least.

We went out to eat last night and the service surprisingly was better than it's ever been there. We ate at Los Cucos. It was really good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd call and complain if your service was less than even good! I know I've had a lot of negative experiences the last few times I've been to Denny's, and we've decided to just completely write them off the list (even if it is one of my fave places to eat)!

Back