Lumiere Liquid Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am planning to place an order with them soon to get their sample kit and I'm toying with the idea of also getting a sample of their liquid, since I'm kinda curious about liquid MMU. But I was wondering if anyone has tried that and what you thought about it?

Thanks so much!

I ordered a sample of the liquid too, just had to see how it would be. I encouraged a SIL to try it too because she just can't seem to get comfortable with just MMU in powder form. When I try it I will definitely be posting my thoughts.

Oh thanks for your reply - so you have an order on your way? Please do post as soon as you've tried it, I'm very curious!!

Definitley will give my thoughts on the liquid. It should be interesting since I haven't used a liquid in like 5 years.

After years of questing for a really wearable liquid mineral foundation, I found Lumiere's.

I can't praise this stuff highly enough - medium coverage, super silky, non drying yet controls oil well, doesn't collect in pores or lines, stays put, looks and feels amazing.

Its the BEST liquid foundation I own, and I have tons, mineral and non mineral, ranging from Armani to Chanel and Jane Iredale. I get compliments on my skin from friends and strangers whenever I wear it,Worth every penny - I just bought my second bottle!

I got my Lumiere liquid foundation. Maybe I have been wearing MMU (powder form) too long but it seemed so tedious to apply liquid makeup. The liquid is rather thin but it dries quickly so short quick strokes seemed to work the best. I couldn't work it long before it kind of sets. The look was pretty good, medium coverage. Once it sets, it seems like it would stay quite well but I was having such a time trying to work with liquid that I ended up washing it off and using my FF instead. I think it may be great for someone that really prefers a liquid or if you want extra coverage... use liquid and then top with loose minerals. I get such great results with the Flawless foundation that I won't be switching. How funny that I can't apply liquid anymore. :icon_scratch:

That is so odd, really! But thanks for sharing. Now I"m really curious about how I'll do with it since I have never used liquid makeup (I never liked makeup before learning about MMU!). Oh, how did you apply it, did you use a brush? Kabuki? Or just your hands?

I just applied with finger tips. It's just that this liquid sets up quickly and it's been so long since I've applied liquid. I am used to just slathering on moisturizer rather than working with a foundation and making it blend. :laughing:

Thanks for the review! I am interested in liquid mineral foundation but Ive just found my powder match so I don't think I'll bother trying it just yet.

Back