Q: Mac Giftcard in UK

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So... my BF said he'll get me whatever I wanted for my bday.

Problem: he lives in the UK while I'm here in the US.

Q: Are there giftcards in Mac stores over at UK?

You guys think if he gets me one from over there - that it'll work at the US stores?

I rather get the card instead of cash - because of converting currency and all. But if that's not possible - we might resort to that. Ugh.

The giftcards work differently in the UK. They're not actually cards but vouchers with the value printed on them. So you won't be able to use them in the US. Also, MAC is much more expensive in the UK.

Do you both have paypal? he could send you the money through that. The dollar rate at the moment is great over here its almost $2 to £1 so that could be a great way of doing it, I just brought £500 worth of dollars for a holiday to the US and got $950

Oh yeah, awesome - never thought that. I'll ask him if he has an account - I do already thru E-bay. Thanks again, Sarah.

Edit: Just asked. Said he did and send me thru there. Thanks again, Sarah!

No probs glad you managed to sort something out, was prob the safest way to send the money plus todays rate is $1.91 to £1 so you get more $$ for your money hehe which means more MAC :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you know what you want just have him go to the US MAC site, order the stuff, then have it shipped to you!

not sure thats possible cause the billing address of he's card will be a UK address

Back