Rhinoplasty BUST!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragment and well wishes before my scheduled surgery, but....After driving an hour to the surgery clinic, disrobing, for Godsakes, getting attached to an I.V. and prepped, just as I'm about to head into anesthesia...my surgeon canceled due to an 'emergency.'
icon_rolleyes.gif
I now have to reschedule...I guess I should be grateful. Maybe something really heavy and horrible is going on in his life, and he would have been off his game, totally botching my nose, under his personal stress. Besides, now I can play with my makeup, once it arrives, and the anxiety of going in again will be a new excuse to buy more.
biggrin.gif

Thanks again...Just wanted to keep folks updated, because I've made such a big deal about it, everyone probably expected me to return to the forums with some REAL news...

Hey there,

Would you mind posting profile pictures of yourself? I think you are absolutely beautiful and judging by your two photos you have posted, your nose is one that I'd love to have...and I don't think your profile will really tell us any different....but if you are willing to post profile pictures...we all can give you our personal thoughts.

Jen

Originally Posted by XOffendr I just wanted to thank everyone for their encouragment and well wishes before my scheduled surgery, but....After driving an hour to the surgery clinic, disrobing, for Godsakes, getting attached to an I.V. and prepped, just as I'm about to head into anesthesia...my surgeon canceled due to an 'emergency.'
icon_rolleyes.gif
I now have to reschedule...I guess I should be grateful. Maybe something really heavy and horrible is going on in his life, and he would have been off his game, totally botching my nose, under his personal stress. Besides, now I can play with my makeup, once it arrives, and the anxiety of going in again will be a new excuse to buy more.
biggrin.gif

Thanks again...Just wanted to keep folks updated, because I've made such a big deal about it, everyone probably expected me to return to the forums with some REAL news...

I don't really know what you mean by profile pictures? I can add more to my profile? I could add attachments to the message.

Actually, I just talked to the surgeon's office...

Apparently, there was a "complication" with the patient before me. Yikes!!

I actually feel really silly uploading pictures of myself, because I don't really require any affirmation of my appearance...And people are going to think I'm being neurotic or vain about my nose. Like I said, it's really something to repair a trauma to the cartilage and bridge last year, which is giving it a somewhat pinched look...A crease forming above the nostril and a small hump on the bridge. While it's slight, now, over the next year, the indentation will become more depressed...I figured I'd have them finesse it a little...narrow the nose...Not really give me a whole new nose. Just improve what's there and correct the damage done, so it ages better.

Profile, meaning side pictures of your face...we see what you look like head on, but we don't know what you actually look like from the side...sorry I didn't explain myself properly...

YIKES is right, maybe the person before you has medical problems.

Originally Posted by XOffendr I don't really know what you mean by profile pictures? I can add more to my profile? I could add attachments to the message.

Well, I posted the pics that came closest to profile shots...I don't think I really have any taken from a precise side angle...I just uploaded the ones I came across in one folder. Head on is actually where the indentation is most obvious.

XOffendr - u look great now but, u r the one who knows urself better. If this is something that will make u feel better - go for it. As far as the surgery being rescheduled, it is probably a blessing in disguise, i.e. when the surgeon can concentrate on u and not another patient's complications. Keep us posted and good luck! U r a beautiful young lady anyway u look at it!!

Thanks for letting us know!!
smile.gif
On the bright side, at least you get to play with your new makeup when it arrives!

That's really what I'm talkin' about, right there...I get to play with my makeup! Yay. When it arrives...someday. My roomie ordered shoes the day after I placed my first order, and he already got his boots! I swear, if only Zappos sold makeup...

I just thought I'd let everyone know...So, no one thought I made a big thing out of it, then failed to follow through...Everyone was so nice and encouraging and kind, I didn't want anyone to think their kindness was sort of a wasted effort. Not that I'd get major surgery on my face because someone just said 'Good luck' but...I know I promised to update some folks on the recovery process...and apparently, I won't be doing anything except recovering from lack of sleep.

Hey there,

I see exactly where you mean in the last picture, and if that is what needs to be done, go for it. And like Rosie said, it was a blessing in disguise to give you more time, and the doctor more time to spend just on you. And I don't think you are being vain or neurotic by posting your pictures. I think you are absolutelly gorgeous. You should be a model.

Originally Posted by XOffendr I don't really know what you mean by profile pictures? I can add more to my profile? I could add attachments to the message.

I actually feel really silly uploading pictures of myself, because I don't really require any affirmation of my appearance...And people are going to think I'm being neurotic or vain about my nose. Like I said, it's really something to repair a trauma to the cartilage and bridge last year, which is giving it a somewhat pinched look...A crease forming above the nostril and a small hump on the bridge. While it's slight, now, over the next year, the indentation will become more depressed...I figured I'd have them finesse it a little...narrow the nose...Not really give me a whole new nose. Just improve what's there and correct the damage done, so it ages better.

YAY!! you get to play with your makeup now!!

You are still absolutely gorgeous, but I'll agree with you that you probably should get this "pinching" thing taken care of before it gets worse... Let us know when it is rescheduled for and we'll keep you in mind!!

Hopefully the person before you is doing well now!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess YAY!! you get to play with your makeup now!!
You are still absolutely gorgeous, but I'll agree with you that you probably should get this "pinching" thing taken care of before it gets worse... Let us know when it is rescheduled for and we'll keep you in mind!!

Hopefully the person before you is doing well now!

It's scheduled for the 25th...Sooo, two more weeks. If something completely freaky happens and another patient, undergoing surgery ahead of me experiences complications, I think I'll just get dressed really quickly and run out of the clinic as fast as I can.
I love your new avatar, by the way. It's a beautiful picture...Of a beautiful girl, might I add.

It's weird, actually, because I never noticed the pinching until I looked at photos of myself. Then I was like 'eeek!! I have to do something about that.' In person, it's just kind of a softer definition...but for some reason photos really seem to capture the depression and slight septal deviation as things sort of drift off in their relative directions after the injury. So, I'm really looking forward to getting it taken care of.

Well then good for you!! Although I must say that I really don't notice it, but then I know how it feels to see something when YOU look at yourself but no one else seems to notice it... I think it can be soo much worse when YOU find a flaw than when someone else does...

And thank you for the very very sweet compliment!!! Right back at you gorgeous!!

I wouldn't have gone to another Dr. just because it is not necessarily the dr's fault if something happens in surgery... Sometimes people naturally lose a lot of blood, or their blood pressure all of a sudden drops etc...

I wouldn't have blamed him outright...

Let us know how things turn out! I think you look great now - but only you can make yourself happy - so do your thing!
wink.gif
Good luck! xo

I think you are beautiful the way you are now but like Rosie said, whatever makes you feel better. I have things I would like to change about myself, as well, so I understand. Maybe one of these days. Enjoy getting to play with your new makeup! Do keep us posted!

Back