Vision problem with liquid eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I really like the look of liquid eyeliner, but I can't see through my left eye very well, which would make it hard for me to apply to my right lid. Does anybody apply it with both eyes open or is their a certain applicator that makes it easier?

I apply liquid eyeliner with both eyes open. I just pull out on the outer corner of my eye a lil bit (kind of like making chinese eyes or something) this way my lid is straight and I can apply the liner in a straight line. then I apply liner...

I also apply it with both eyes slightly open, but I don't pull on the lid. I stand close to the mirror, half-close my eye then tilt my head away from the eye I'm doing -- so if I'm doing my right eye, I look to the left. I do the same with mascara.

It probably looks very funny but it works for me!

i also apply liquid eyeliner with my eyes open...i just look straight into a compact mirror while im applying the eyeliner

I use gel liner (hooray for MAC fluidlines!).

This is one trick one MA told me: have the mirror lying more horizontally in front of your face, have your eyes open, but looking down into the mirror, and apply liner that way. HTH!

Both eyes open slightly, head tilted back. Seems to work, also keeps mineral ES/EL from falling onto my cheeks.

Yes you can apply liquid eyeliner with both eyes open. Actually the girls have already said all the best techniques for that. It is either pull the corners of your eye or slightly opened eyes with head tilted back... AND! Practice, practice, practice... I know vision problems! I have them too, even though I wear glasses I still don't see clearly sometimes. It gets worse when i am under stress or if it's hot in rooms. Sometimes it can be very hard to work. Remember, alot of practice and you will see good results.

Back