Weighty issues with myself

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my easiest way to lose weight is to replace cokes, sweet tea and such with water and gatorade (plus gatorade keeps you from getting headaches
icon_wink.gif
) its my quickest/easiest way to lose
smile.gif

Be careful about drinking too much Gatorade though, it contains a lot of salt and other things that your body loses through sweat, and if you're not sweating, you really don't need a lot of that extra stuff!

However I agree that replacing cokes and sweet tea with water can save you a bunch of calories a day!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by YourOneAndOnly I personally think that you need to improve your low confidence first BEFORE you lose weight. Learn to LOVE yourself, then people will love you. It begins with confidence. Start to believe in yourself and stop comparing yourself to other people, that only makes you feel even lower. Good luck on losing your weight, as i said..you need to gain more confidence first. Drink plenty of water. Eat 3 meals a day, do NOT snack inbetween. Cut down on sugary foods, and try and walk about 3 times a week for 10 minutes or so each time, then increase your walking time til you feel comfortable. You know you can do iT!
biggrin.gif
I agree with YourOneAndOnly in that you need to boost your self confidence and self respect first and I think you will feel much better. You are certainly not obese and you may just be too obsessed about your weight and you always will think you are fat when in reality you are not fat. You say you want to look like the girls on tv. Have you ever read any stories about how some of these girls and models keep so skinny? They do drastic things such as take laxatives, make themselves throw up, use illegal drugs. Many of them clearly are destructive in their attempts to be skinny. Not healthy and dangerous too. Please don't be so hard on yourself, stand tall, smile, try alittle walking a few times a week for a few minutes. Good luck, honey.
Petite Syrah

One thing to keep in mind, and I know it sounds crazy, but science backs me up here, if you eat too "few" calories your body goes into starvation mode and you won't actually lose weight. A study was done where they upped people's calories by 500 a day and those people lost weight as opposed to the people eating too few calories. I know it's hard to fathom, but you should try it. There are a lot of great sites on the Internet that can help you calculate the amount of calories you need in a day.

The key is eating the right foods at the right times. It sounds like you're basically on track, and you've been given tons of great advice.

What I would suggest to you is upping your protein. It keeps you full and your body needs it. What works for me is 5-6 small meals thorughout the day that have both carbs and proteins. The trick is to not leave more than 4 hours between meals (3 hours is better) with the last meal 3 hours before bed. Also, make sure to not eat complex carbs such as pasta, rice and potatoes past you second last meal (I try not to eat them past 4 o'clock).

I too have a very hectic scedule that has thrown off my eating too...I work f/t and go to school p/t. So, it's absolutely essentially that you take a few minutes each day to plan what you're going to eat the next day. I sit down right before I go to bed and look at my schedule for the next day. Then I write down what I'm going to eat and when. Then I prepare all the foods and pack my my lunch. For example, I'll buy all the fruits and veggies and then I'll wash them so that they;re ready to go. I like omeltes in the morning so I buy mushrooms, green peppers, and green onions, wash them and chop them ahead of time then I put them in gladware in the fridge so that it takes no time to cook in the morning. Here's an example:

Meal #1 (at home):

- 2 egg omelet with low fat mozza cheese, green peppers, green onions and mushrooms

- black coffee

Meal #2 (made at home take with me):

- proteien smoothie (made with 1/2 c. low carb o.j., 1 scoop protein powder, half a frozen banana, 1/2 c. frozen mixed berries...no sugar added, 1/2 c. low fat plain yogurt)

Meal #2 (take with me):

- can of tuna packed in water

- raw veggies

Meal #3 (take with me):

- handful of unsalted almonds

- apple

Meal #4 (at home):

- chicken or fish

- big salad with dark green lettuce, cucumber, tomato and low fat feta cheese.

- balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. olive oil for dressing

Meal #5 (at home):

- 1/2 c. cottage cheese with fruit mixed in

So, if you're going to be gone pretty much all day make sure you pack a lunch (I like a little soft cooler type) with lots of food to get you through the day. You can even throw in one of those gel packs you freeze so things stay cool. I always pack extra food just in case I'm away from home longer than I thought I would be so that I don't head to the nearest fast food counter. Pack lots of fruits, raw veggies, protein bars, unsalted nuts, canned tuna, low fat cottage cheese, low fat yougurt, etc. Just make sure you buy all these groceries ahead of time so you're not left in a crunch! I hope this helps...good luck!

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

well done on loosing the weight, u could maybe check out the atkins diet website or weight watchers and get some ideas on meals etc,

these are some tips from http://www.lillieross.com

*Scientists say one of the main causes of bloating

is swallowing air. We gulp our food. We eat on the

run. We drink too many carbonated drinks. And,

even chewing gum can add air into our intestines.

*We know that eating slower can make us feel

fuller. Put those eating utensils down between

each bite. And do sit down to eat. (I am so guilty

of not doing this.)

*Avoid foods that are too hot or too cold.

Introduce fiber slowly to your diet. And drink

lots of water. Some peppermint extract added to

your water can also help.

*Try one of the herbal teas, such as chamomile or

lemon tea. Both help with digestion.

*But most of all... SLOW DOWN... enjoy your meal!

And remember it takes 20 minutes for your tummy to

tell your brain that you are full.

Originally Posted by xotinkerbellglo Hi friends at mut. I have a problem. I have so little confidence in myself for a while now and it is always about my weight. I need to lose 10 pds but it is so hard. I am 5'0 and I weight 115. I am in a normal range but I wanna be in the lower range. I dont have time to exercise. I work 24 a week at a lab and I am carrying 16 credits in heavy hardcore sciences. I barely have time to think but I am always eating because I am nervous and I wanna be as pretty as the women on tv. Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how I can lose this weight with no to minimal exercise and without starving or do anything bad. I really wanna lose this weight. I am mean to my boyfriend. I wont even let him touch my tummy. Ive tried patches, grapefruit diet, atkins diet, low cal diet and nothing seems to work. All those skinny girls out there what do you do to keep thin and keep on track
thank you to all my girls who read this

...and my calendar hung itself waiting for me

May I start out by saying that recent studies have shown that women who have a more positive outlook about their current size lose weight and keep it off easier than those who are unhappy? You are not heavy. You obviously are a very bright person who has a lot on her plate. I understand that you want to lose weight. There are a few simple changes you could make now without affecting your schedule too much:

Walk more. It can be taking stairs instead of an elevator, walking 10 minutes at night or in the morning, or purchasing a walking/jogging exercise tape to do at home. At any rate, working out will help you shed pounds.

Substitute snack foods out for lower calorie snacks. You mentioned you had a habit of nervous eating. Keep carrot sticks, celery, apples, nuts, or rice cakes on hand to eat. If it isn't there, you won't eat it. Simple as that.

On a side note, I want to say, that expecting to look like women on television is unrealistic. Do you realize that it's simply a fantasy? Fancy lighting, camera angles, airbrushing, tons of makeup...those women are not real. It's admirable to want to get in better shape, but find a real life idol you can aspire to be, like a friend who runs daily.

Originally Posted by petite syrah I agree with YourOneAndOnly in that you need to boost your self confidence and self respect first and I think you will feel much better. You are certainly not obese and you may just be too obsessed about your weight and you always will think you are fat when in reality you are not fat. You say you want to look like the girls on tv. Have you ever read any stories about how some of these girls and models keep so skinny? They do drastic things such as take laxatives, make themselves throw up, use illegal drugs. Many of them clearly are destructive in their attempts to be skinny. Not healthy and dangerous too. Please don't be so hard on yourself, stand tall, smile, try alittle walking a few times a week for a few minutes. Good luck, honey.
Petite Syrah

I agree. You are not fat at all. I'm only 5'2" and I weigh a LOT more than you. I would love to be 115!!! Remember ... stress hinders fat loss and can actually make you GAIN. So just relax, and try to keep moving
smile.gif

Back