What is bun and cheese?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friend just got back from Jamaica and kept raving about this stuff. Anyone know what it is? She said some sort of bread and cheese.

i've never heard about it. a bun and cheese here is a grilled cheese sandwich. lol

but we have a girl from jamaica here, hopefully she'll se it
smile.gif

Thanks Marisol. Now I'm wondering why they would have it available in late September if it's an Easter speciality. Odd, unless it's available year round there. One more thing to add to the "must-check-out-when-in-Jamaica list".
wink.gif

Bun is kind of like a bread with fruits like raisins and such in it, and of course you know what cheese is. It's very popular in Jamaica and is a must in every household around Easter.

Lisa - u r funny LOL!

Yes this is usually available throughout the year but gets more attention during the Easter holidays. I love it when the bun is warmed in foil and the cheese (fresh Cheddar) is sandwiched in between - yummy!!!

Marisol - great link!!

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they sell this at Golden Krust? I'll have to ask my friend. For those of you in NYC, Golden Krust has some yummy food, like their sour dough bread & vegetable patties. Yummmmmmm!

Salope - yes they do sell it at Golden Crust and I happen to be in NYC.

The sour dough is great when you take the slices and wrap them in foil and reheat them - they remain soft and moist and YUMMY! Of course, nothing wrong with toasting it.

I must say I am spoiled as my entire family cooks and I have the best of all worlds - Jamaican food and Chinese food and a combination there of. I let my brothers do the cooking and I clean up - throw things in the dishwasher LOL. There is another place in Queens which a small restaurant/take out place and they make great food. If anyone in NYC wants the name, feel free to PM me.

Back