What is your very favorite (or maybe top 2) finishing powder and why?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am very close to announcing that I've found my HG MMU, and it probably won't be a surprise to any of you, but I've got a few more samples to try first. It won't be long though!!!!! I haven't found a finishing powder that I like. Most of them just don't seem to "do" anything. I don't have very oily skin, so I don't need it for that reason. I would just like a powder that will set my makeup and keep it there all day.

So, opinions, opinions....I need ya! And Periwinkle you better pop in with your take on the finishes LOL! You know I need your help!

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me as I am going through this time of testing MMU and trying to pick the best for me. It is so fun and I love it!

Mineral veil by bare essentuals. I like the way it looks and it lasts without applying all day also it doesn't look powdery.

My HG is Lumiere Silk Finish. This applies translucent, doesn't dry my skin and gives a natural appearance.

During the winter months I'm fond of BE Mineral Veil. It's translucent, cornstarch based, contains no bismuth and doesn't dry my skin.

I really like Monave's Angel Setting Powder (slight yellow tint) and Lumiere's Sand Silk Powder.

I agree with this one. I especially like the sheer silk in winter. It really diminishes my pores. I don't really need a powder to keep my MMU on but I still reach for this one to just finish things off.

Lightly Tinted Mineral Vein by Ocean Mist...it just pulls everything together and gives me a nice, finished look. I have combination skin and it really seems to control any shine. It just gives a really great look to the skin and minimizes the appearance of pores.

I'm just using rice powder, and it works great, but I'm thinking I need to mix it with something. Like you, I'm searching for HGs

I got mine at ulta, it's called "natural rice" or something. It has a picture of geisha on it. It comes in a white powder that will probably be translucent. I bought one with a light natural looking color tint.

It's available online, too. Maybe if you have an oriental store by you, you could check that out.

Back