Would Smashbox Photo Finish work with MMU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying Smashbox Photo Finish as a primer, but I'm a bit unsure if it works just as good with mineral foundation as with liquid foundation? Does anyone use Smashbox Photo Finish under her (or his) mineral foundation?

Yes! I do and it's awesome!

I find my MMU lasts much longer with it than without any primer. HTH!

Yep it will, I back in forth between Smashbox,Philoshpy and my own powder primer. If you've never used those I would ask for samples at the store so that you can try it out. SB is $36 in my area and Phil is $25.

agree w/every1, Smashbox is my HG primer, regardless if I'm using liquid or MMu

I have a question for you all: wouldn't using Smashbox primer defeat the purpose of using mineral foundation? Like we, or at least I go for the minerals because it's supposed to be better for my skin, but would using a non-mineral primer be the same as using non-mineral foundation?

You are right that most of the primers aren't minerals but using one with MMU is still probably less ingredients than non-mineral foundation. I like MMU & primer because it feels better than traditional makeup and definitely gives me a better look than liquid.

I am on several MMU boards and many many gals use photo finish as their HG primer. Lots of those same gals will swear by Monistat chaffing gel ($7.00 at Walmart) being almost identical to PF at $35.00. Yeah I know, Monistat....but it's not the yeast stuff. Its a silicone chaffing gel.........feels very similar. For $7.00 what have you got to lose? Nothing, but you can save $28.00 to put towards color!

I was thinking about that too. right now im sampling pureluxe and fyrinnae's primers

MONISTAT??? Well, I was watching Smashbox today on QVC, had decided to go to Ulta

to buy the Photo Finish Primer tomorrow, but hey! $7 to $35?? I've tried Preparation H before on my eyes, I'lll try monistat on my face :scared: ,thanks cherklop

On me no it doesn't!! It makes my fndt and blush dissapear within 2 hours and make my skin greasy, with no break outs fortunately!

What about Pureluxe eraser used as a primer? Is that a good one? The cream not the powder. I have a sample of the cream and the powder. I like the cream, but the powder seems useless.

I've used the Pureluxe Eraser in the cream. I like it. My new favorite primer is Lumiere's. It is nice and light on the skin. Also, no breakout so far......

LOL! Yeah, I've used prep H by my eyes before too--forgot about that. The monistat chaffing gel is (at least in my walmart) by the vagisil, condoms etc..........

Back