- View New Content
- New Posts
- Makeup and Beauty Forums
Makeup, Beauty & Fashion Talk
Subscriptions and Sampling Groups
- Buy, Sell, Trade. Swap
- Shopping, Coupons and Deals
- MUT Groups
- MUT Meetups
- Forum Help
- Subscription Boxes
Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk
Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
- Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
- Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
- Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
- Send personal messages to other members
View Other Content
Categories See All →
Recent Status Updates
check out my new vid on my youtube!
Want to start a healty lifestyle!
Challenged to make a five min video using five of my favorite makeup products
Just trying to figure things out here! :)
I've been wanting to get into Makeup as a trade since I was 16 but it's not very easy to do as I live in such a small town. Any tips from all you people out there doing it?
Pinned Terms Of Service
Apr 27 2014 09:42 PM | Guest in Support
MakeupTalk.com Community Rules
last modified April 21, 2015MakeupTalk was created to help people that enjoy beauty products, makeup, cosmetics, subscription and sampling boxes, faces of the day, nails of the day, skin care, hair care, bath and body, fun polls, fitness, product reviews, and beauty product trading/swapping. We encourage open and friendly discussions about the topics of the forum. By agreeing to post on MakeupTalk.com you agree to the following terms and conditions, which may be modified at any time. Violating these rules may result in your posting privileges suspended or revoked including but not limited to a temporary ban of use on the site to a permanent ban with or without warning.
MakeupTalk.com is a public website and forum where your ideas and opinions can be expressed. Opinions expressed are the views of the person posting the message and do not reflect the positions of any owner, officer or staff of MakeupTalk.com. We do not necessarily condone, endorse, support, encourage or agree with the comments, opinions of the message board posts/threads posted. MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for the materials posted by its participants.
MAIN RULES *PLEASE READ*
You may receive an official warning if you violate any of these rules. Here are a set of rules for MakeupTalk.com. All members should read these before they begin posting:
- Be Polite: We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness whatsoever. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning. Respect the opinions of other members and staff. Rude, insulting, shameless, purposeless, and/or mean spirited topics/posts may be removed without warning and you may or may not receive an official warning. If we remove posts, there will be no reason as to why.
- (not allowed) Personal attacks against staff, members or advertisers.
- (not allowed) Posting personal information including but not limited to phone numbers, addresses and email addresses .
- (not allowed) Disciplinary Discussions: You may not discuss publicly any (disciplinary) actions taken by staff, moderators such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts/topics etc. This also includes posting publicly any private messages/emails you have received from either staff, moderators.
- Staff members may ban forum members without prior notice if they detect toxic behavior.
- Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled.
- Email address posting exception is the Beauty Industry Job Offers Forum
- Abusive, rude, purposeless, inflammatory and/or shameful behavior is not allowed.
- Multiple Accounts: Member may NOT have multiple accounts. Accounts will be terminated without warning.
- Creating shill accounts to promote a product, service or site in the attempt to create a buzz about product, service or site (not allowed). A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposely omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills.
- Name changes are allowed, please open a support topic in our support forums if you would like a name change. We will allow 1 name change.
- (not allowed) Disruptive topics/posts.
- (not allowed) Rude topics/posts
- (not allowed) name & shame topics/posts.
- (not allowed) purposeless topics/posts.
- (not allowed) inflammatory topics/posts.
- (not allowed) Mean spirited actions of any kind
- (not allowed) Any abuse, including private messages towards Staff, Moderators, Admins.
- (not allowed) Necroposting
- (not allowed) Cross-Posting. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
- (not allowed) Posting on the behalf of another. You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- (not allowed) Teaser posts. Example: "visit my blog to see more” or "visit my website to see more"
- (not allowed) Duplicate posts of the same item over and over. (see cross-posting)
- (not allowed) Promoting or soliciting websites and/or products from which you earn a profit. Exception: MuT direct advertisers.
- (not allowed) Mary Kay, Avon, Mark, Artistry, unauthorized advertising and similar company reps/sellers (not allowed) to promote or sell on MakeupTalk. (links in signatures OK, see signature rules below)
- (not allowed) Posting of Affiliate, blogger codes, and referral links other than those owned by or promoted by MakeupTalk.com.
- (not allowed) URL shorteners such as Bit.ly, Tiny URL and similar shorteners (not allowed).
- (not allowed) Soliciting and/or linking to competing beauty forums and/or websites at our discretion in topics, posts, private messages or signatures.
- (not allowed) Requesting members to contact you for more information on a product or service.
- (not allowed) Official company reps coming onto MakeupTalk to sound off with anything about their companies.
- (not allowed) Market research of any kind.
- (not allowed) Unauthorized contests and giveaways(see signature rules below for contests/giveaways on your own sites).
- (not allowed) Vote requests.
- (not allowed) Adult or inappropriate content. Example: naked/sexually suggestive pictures or videos, violence/drugs references, hate/racial references). MakeupTalk is a family-safe site.
- (not allowed) Any content, including images, considered "strategically covered nudity"
- Use the correct forum especially if you're buying, selling or trading something. Any Buy Sell Trade Swap talk must be done in the Classified area of our site. This helps keep the clutter down and it help you find what you're looking for faster.
SIGNATURE CONTENT SUBSET RULES:
- All MAIN Rules from above apply to signatures content. If we find that your signature is in violation of any of the main rules listed above, we may send a warning or delete/edit your signature.
- You must be a registered member of MUT for at least 5 days in order to add a signature.
- Your signature is your signature. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature that is rude, insulting, shameless, purposeless, and/or mean spirited towards MuT, its members, or its staff, is strictly prohibited and will be deleted without any prior warning.
- Do not add a “faux signature” into your posts as these will be edited out by staff.
- You are allowed two (2) images in your signature with a maximum dimension of 300 pixels(wide) x 75 pixels(high).
- You may not use your signature to promote a site from which you earn a profit unless you are a MuT Advertiser.
- Up to four (4) links in your signature.
- Up to five (5) lines of text.
- (not allowed) Referral/affiliate links
- (not allowed) Personal information posted, including email addresses or phone numbers
- You may have have 1 commercial advertising link; brand name or company name (yes allowed). This may include things like Mary Kay reps, Avon reps, Mark reps, Artistry, and similar company reps/sellers. You may NOT request openly in posts for MEMBERS to visit your commercial links.
- You may offer 1 promo (coupon, etc) of your commercial site or sale via your signature, however. you may not discuss your contests/giveaways openly in threads or discussions.
- Blog or Site Giveaways: You may put a link in your signature to your contests/giveaway, however. you may not discuss your contests/giveaways openly in threads or discussions
- Signatures such as "I'm giving away samples, visit my site" or "Click here for more info" (not allowed).
- All MAIN Rules from above apply to profile information content. If we find that the profile content is in violation of any of our rules, staff may send a warning or delete/edit your profile.
- Any profile content that is rude, insulting, shameless, purposeless, and/or mean spirited towards MuT, its members, or its staff, is strictly prohibited and will be deleted without any prior warning.
- Your profile page is your own.
- You may use your profile to post links to your social media sites and/or blogs.
- (not allowed) affiliate or referral links.
- No commercial avatars unless you are a MuT Advertiser.
- Do not post personal information in your profile in order to sell a product or service.
- (not allowed) Adult or inappropriate content
- All MAIN Rules from above apply to member status update information content posted. If we find that a member status update content is in violation of any of our rules, staff may send a warning or delete/edit your status update.
- Any status update that is rude, insulting, shameless, purposeless, and/or mean spirited towards MuT, its members, or its staff, is strictly prohibited and will be deleted without any prior warning.
- (not allowed) External Links
You are not allowed to use our website or private message system to contact members for any of the following things:
- All MAIN Rules from above apply to profile information content. If we find that the profile content is in violation of any of our rules, staff may send a warning or delete/edit your profile.
- (not allowed) Solicit products or websites or do any type of advertising.
- (not allowed) Harass or stalk members.
- (not allowed) Request members to contact you off MakeupTalk.com.
- (not allowed) Sell items unless it is an item being sold in our classifieds area.
- Limits: 20 sent private messages within a 24 hour period.
- Limits: 5 Invites
- Limits: 300 privates messages stored
You are responsible for actions on the forums. You are responsible for abiding by admin and/or moderator warnings against you, within a thread or made via PM. Ignoring warnings given to you may result in further infractions or a ban of your forum account. Remember, all moderator and staff decisions are final.
Membership to MakeupTalk.com is free for the general public however accounts created by or for business owners, representatives and/or for public relations are not allowed to post on MakeupTalk.com nor are you allowed to contact our members via the Private Message system. Accounts violating these rules may be terminated without warning and any posts made will be removed without notice. If you wish to advertise on MakeupTalk.com please contact our advertising team.
If you bring suit, propose to sue, or infer legal action against MakeupTalk, its owners, or staff, your account may be disabled and any company related accounts may face restrictions.
Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions.
BLOGGERS/VLOGGERS: We understand that you want to gain readers or viewers to your blog, website or channel however we do not allow people to use MakeupTalk.com to over promote your site(link in signature ok). Please see our F.A.Q. for more info on the best way to gain readership.. You ARE allowed to do the following:
- Use our Beauty Bloggers forum to promote your site however do not spam your site in multiple posts.
- Use your signature to post a link to your social media site(s). (see signature rules below)
- Use the Video & Tutorials forum to post your YouTube videos
- Put a link in your signature to your site's contests/giveaways: You may put a link in your signature to your contests/giveaway but you may not discuss your contests/giveaways openly in threads or discussions
- Request members to visit your website, blog or any social media site including but not limited to Imgur, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest or any other similar site (not allowed)
- You are not allowed to post teasers such as, “I have more swatches on my site” or “I have more information on my blog” or anything similar.(not allowed)
MakeupTalk.com Classifieds is currently known as Buy, Sell, Trade. Swap. The BSTS area has its own unique set of rules in conjunction with the main rules here on MakeupTalk.com. If you are going to use the classifieds on MakeupTalk please be aware of these rules.
Your continued use of this site following the effective date of such changes to these Terms will mean you accept those changes.
Although the administrators and moderators of MakeupTalk.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages, reviews, and articles off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all site content. All contents expresses the views of the author, and the owners of MakeupTalk.com will be held responsible for the content of any message, review, article, or other item on the site.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, disruptive, rude, shameful, purposeless, inflammatory, mean spirited or otherwise violate any local, state or Federal laws.
The staff of MakeupTalk.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic, post, thread, article, image, review, etc. for any reason and at any time without notice.
Apr 21 2015 06:07 PM | Director in Support
Private messages are just that: Private. Site owners or staff do not monitor(read) member private messages. But, we will reserve the right to investigate all allegations of PM spam and/or abuse. Other members users may send "in-system messages" (private messages) to you via the MakeupTalk.com messaging service. MakeupTalk.com does not read or review these messages before they are sent to you. If you are receiving inappropriate private messages or any form of spam or abuse, contact a MakeupTalk.com administrator and swift action will be taken on the offending user's account.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
MakeupTalk.com generally collects personally identifiable information with your specific knowledge and consent. When you register on MakeupTalk.com, we collect your email address, username, password. These are required for users to store and modify bookmarks and other content on the site. We will also collect your bookmarks and associated content, messages, IP address, and information from browser data and cookies.
Your User ID, bookmarks, lists and associated content and any postings you make to the forums are displayed throughout the Site. Therefore this data is available to the public and will be identifiable to your User ID.
This information may sometimes be collected by third party service providers with whom MakeupTalk.com contracts to host the web site or to fulfill requests for services; in that event, MakeupTalk.com asks such service providers to make the personal information available only to MakeupTalk.com for MakeupTalk.com to use in accordance with the terms of this policy and not to use the information for any other purpose. MakeupTalk.com uses this information to allow you to enjoy the functionality of the site, to troubleshoot and to provide customer support. In addition, MakeupTalk.com may use your bookmarks to improve our marketing and promotional efforts by providing targeted advertising based on the content of your Product Profile.
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes, but occasionally you may receive advertising in the form of a newsletter from MakeupTalk.com that may contain advertising. When you register on MakeupTalk.com, you have to use an email address. We do not use that email address for any purpose other than to send you emails regarding MakeupTalk. We do not rent or sell these email addresses. On an aggregate, non-personally identifiable level we may also use this data to analyze site usage, customize the site's content, layout, and services, and for disclosure to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes and to demonstrate to them the value of our own site. However, we do not sell or rent any of your personally identifying data to third parties for marketing purposes.
When you register for the first time on MakeupTalk.com, you will be automatically opted in to receive email notices, which may include notification if someone sends you a message, MakeupTalk.com newsletters, announcements, and notifications of new activity on your subscriptions.
- we utilize third party service providers to provide products, services or functions on our behalf (such as sending emails or processing credit cards or fulfilling subscriptions), and ask these service providers to agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and not to use your personally identifiable information for any reason except to carry out the purpose(s) for which we hired them;
- you have entered a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, in which case the information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing. (Some of our contests and sweeps will ask you at the time of entry whether you would like your personal information to be shared with the sponsor. Other contests will not give you that option and in that event, if you do not want your information to be shared, you should not enter the contest);
- you have furnished us personal information with the intent that it be forwarded to a third party for use in connection with a specified service you are electing to participate in (examples include, without limitation, e-commerce partners, services to help old friends locate you online, etc.);
- we need to protect our legal rights
- we must comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal or regulatory process;
- we have reason to believe that someone may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or the rights of our users, or general public, or using our services in violation of a legal or personal right
MakeupTalk.com (or third party service providers on our behalf) may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data (often including a unique identifier), that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
If you would like to opt-out of Non Personally Identifiable Information (PII) cookie tracking, please visit the NAI opt-out page here:http://www.networkad...ng.org/choices/.
Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to us (e.g., another Web site or a search engine); the pages you visit on the sites, the Web site you visit after our site; the ads you see; the ads you click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Web Site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic information, and administer our website. We may also link this information with your personal information when we feel that it is necessary to enforce compliance with our rules and policies or terms of service or to protect our Sites, customers or others.
We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our website and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about your visits to this website and the sites upon which we advertise, to serve our ads to you. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser. In addition, we may use Web beacons, provided by our third-party advertising company, to help manage our online advertising. These Web beacons enable our third-party ad serving company to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our website.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see:http://www.networkad...ing/opt_out.asp
Kids and Parents
The sites covered by this policy are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information or use our public discussion areas.
If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, you should tell them not to do so. There are also commercially available tools to help you limits your children's exposure to material online.
All User Generated Content within MakeupTalk.com
If you elect to post material to any articles, forums, reviews or other content generation mediums that may be offered on our sites, or if you elect to upload any photographs, audio or video, you will be solely responsible for all content, messages, text, files, images, graphics, photos, audio clips, sounds, video or other materials (the "Postings"). You agree and warrant that any Postings you post to the sites will be true and accurate, will not defame any person or invade any person's privacy, and will not infringe the proprietary rights of any person. You agree not to furnish any Postings to which you do not own the rights. By furnishing Postings, you give MakeupTalk.com the right to use such Postings in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter invented, including, without limitation, the right to combine your Postings with Postings of third parties in varied combinations. You also acknowledge that visitors to the sites may post comments about your Postings which may be derogatory, and that MakeupTalk.com has no obligation to monitor or delete any such postings. Please be aware that MakeupTalk.com does not and cannot monitor all of the Postings made to the sites, and therefore MakeupTalk.com will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. However, MakeupTalk.com does reserve the right to delete or edit any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive or otherwise objectionable and not in keeping with the community standards of the site. If MakeupTalk.com elects to edit any Postings, it nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Postings. Under no circumstances will MakeupTalk.com be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings. We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules of etiquette. Therefore, you agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available Postings:
- that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy, or harmful to minors in any way;
- that harass, degrade, intimidate or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- that include personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent.
- that are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute "bait and switch" or impersonation of any person or entity;
- contain your own or a third party's advertising, branding or promotional content;
- that infringe any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the MakeupTalk.com sites or MakeupTalk.com services offered on them.
Commercial Use Policy
Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the sites, or any content, code, data or materials on the sites is strictly prohibited; unless you have requested and received permission MakeupTalk.com. This applies to all forums, Wiki articles and reviews. As a general rule, these posts and links are NOT permitted, regardless of how the post or link is framed (including but not limited to direct advertisements, adverquestions, or introtisements). This policy applies to free offers and promotional activities, as well as direct commercial overtures or transactional links.
Restrictions on Use (see Terms of Service for more details)
You agree that you will not:
- use the Site to personally attack, threaten, stalk, defraud, incite, harass, or advocate the harassment of another person, or otherwise interfere with another user's use of the Site.
- use the Site to transmit or post spam, chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not;
- use the Site for promotional or commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by MakeupTalk.com;
- use the Site in a manner that may create a conflict of interest, such as trading reviews or writing or soliciting shill reviews;
- use the Site for keyword spamming or to otherwise attempt to manipulate search results;
- use the Site to promote bigotry or discrimination;
- use the Site to violate any third-party right, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- use the Site to transmit or post pornography or illegal content;
- use the Site to solicit personal information from minors or to harm or threaten to cause harm to minors;
- use the Site in violation of the Terms of Service or any applicable law;
- register for multiple accounts on the Site;
- modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by MakeupTalk.com;
- reverse engineer any portion of the Site, except as may be permitted under the law;
- remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice on the Site or on any materials printed or copied off of the Site;
- record, process, or mine information about other users;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index the Site or any Site Content;
- access, retrieve or index the Site to construct or populate a searchable database of business reviews;
- reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means; use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses"); use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; make excessive traffic demands; use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
California and Canadian residents have the right to know how their information may be shared with third parties who engage in direct marketing activities and this policy explains our practices and how you can opt out of having your information shared for such purposes. We do not make any personally identifying information available to third parties for marketing purposes. If you enter a contest or sweepstakes sponsored by a third party, information may be shared with that third party for their use in their discretion, including direct marketing (Some of our contests and sweeps will ask you at the time of entry whether you would like your personal information to be shared with the sponsor. Other contests will not give you that option and in that event, if you do not want your information to be shared, you should not enter the contest.)
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this web site, you consent to this transfer. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with this website in the federal and state courts of, and in accordance with the laws of, the state of California.
Content posted on the MakeupTalk.com by us is owned by us or used with permission. You may not copy, use, or retransmit anything from or for our site without our permission. Any commercial or promotional distribution, publishing or exploitation of the sites, or any content, code, data or materials on the sites is strictly prohibited. You may not offer goods for sale or use the MakeupTalk.com site and service for any commercial service without our prior consent.
The third-party images and text referenced, made accessible or made available to you on these pages or by means of MakeupTalk.com service are protected by the copyright and trademark laws of the United States and other countries. You may need to obtain authorization of the owner of such materials before using them for any purpose other than viewing on the web. It is your responsibility to obtain any authorizations to use an image or text that may be required; MakeupTalk.com cannot give you such authorization. We cannot guarantee that the MakeupTalk.com Service will not locate unintended or objectionable content and MakeupTalk.com accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of any images or text included in any MakeupTalk.com list or otherwise linked to by the MakeupTalk.com services, or for your use of such content. MakeupTalk.com reserves the right to remove any pictures or content without notice to you, any other user, or any third party.
You are not allowed to post or distribute any material you do not own or which you do not have permission to use. You are also prohibited from engaging in any conduct that interferes with the technological operation of the sites or that tampers with any copyright protection mechanisms applicable to content on any sites. The technology and the software underlying our sites and the Services is the property of MakeupTalk.com, our affiliates, and our partners. You agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, reverse engineer, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right to the technology or software underlying our sites or the Services. You agree not to modify the software underlying our sites in any manner or form or to use modified versions of such software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to our sites.
Ignoring this policy may result in copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights violations.
In accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC sec. 512, please direct notices of claims of copyright infringement to site administration via the feedback forum. We reserve the right to terminate access to our sites of any user who infringes the proprietary rights of any third party. You may need to obtain authorization of the owner of images made available via the MakeupTalk.com Service before using them; for authorizations to use an image, please contact the image owner as indicated on the source site, not MakeupTalk.com. MakeupTalk.com cannot give you authorization to use copyrighted images.
The registration information you provide must be true, accurate, current, and complete. You must promptly update your registration to keep it accurate, current, and complete. If we issue you a password, you may not reveal it to anyone else. You may not use anyone else's password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your accounts and passwords. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts or any other breach of security. You also acknowledge that failure to exit from your accounts at the end of each session may result in unauthorized use of your accounts. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may result if you fail to comply with these requirements.
MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the sites. MakeupTalk.com takes reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information you provide to the sites; however, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. MakeupTalk.com assumes no liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user Posting. MakeupTalk.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the sites or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation in any activities on the sites or downloading materials. We make no warranties the services will be timely, secure, uninterrupted, or error-free. You understand that if you download any material, you do so at your sole risk. Under no circumstances shall MakeupTalk.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the sites, any content posted on or through the sites, or conduct of any users of the sites, whether online or offline. We cannot guarantee that the MakeupTalk.com Service will not locate unintended or objectionable content and MakeupTalk.com accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of any site included in any MakeupTalk.com list or otherwise linked to by the MakeupTalk.com services, or for your use of such content. We can, whenever we want, edit or delete any content displayed on the sites. You use the sites at your own risk. Everything you see on our sites is provided to you "as is." The sites are provided "AS-IS" and as available and MakeupTalk.com expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. MakeupTalk.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the sites.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL MAKEUPTALK.COM BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF MakeupTalk.com HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN.
You agree to indemnify and hold MakeupTalk.com, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss or liability arising out of your use of the sites or from any claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the sites in violation of these terms of service and/or any breach of your representations, warranties and obligations set forth above and/or if any content that you post in Postings on the sites or through the sites causes MakeupTalk.com to be liable to another.
Apr 21 2014 07:09 AM | Director in Pages
Advertising Terms and Conditions
MakeupTalk.com Standard Terms and Conditions (v1)
- Display of Advertising Material
MakeupTalk.com may redesign its site in its sole discretion at any time. If any redesign materially and adversely affects the placement of one or more advertisements, or if MakeupTalk.com is otherwise unable to display such advertisements, MakeupTalk.com will work with advertiser to display the affected advertisements elsewhere in comparable areas of the MakeupTalk.com site.
The advertising inventory under this Insertion Order is for use solely by the Advertiser and may not be used by any third party.
Any guarantees are to impressions (as measured by MakeupTalk.com in accordance with its standard methodologies and protocols), not “click throughs”. MakeupTalk.com will provide Advertiser with standard usage information related to the advertisements. Advertiser may not disclose such information to any third party without MakeupTalk.com’s express prior written consent.
MakeupTalk.com may discontinue the display of advertisements if the total number of impressions for any specified display period is reached prior to the scheduled display stop date. If there is a shortfall in delivery of impressions as of the end of a specified display period, MakeupTalk.com will provide, as Advertiser’s sole remedy, “make good” impressions through comparable placements, to be delivered no later than ninety (90) days following the end of the term.
Advertisers must provide all necessary artwork(creatives) and active URLs to MakeupTalk.com in the time frame and the specified within the Advertising Specifications.
MakeupTalk.com will be entitled to reject or discontinue advertisements at any time. In such event, Advertiser will be responsible for only a pro-rata portion of payments due hereunder, based on impressions delivered (the “Pro-rata Payments”).
Advertiser shall bear full responsibility for all products or services offered, sold, or licensed through the advertisements or the Advertiser’s website. Advertiser will collect and pay all taxes related to the sale or licensing of such products or services.
- Legal Terms & Conditions
License and Warranties.
Advertiser hereby grants MakeupTalk.com the right to market, display, reproduce (including compression and temporary storage), distribute, perform, transmit and promote the advertisements together with any content or materials on any interactive site linked to the advertisements through the MakeupTalk.com website. Advertiser certifies that it has all necessary rights and permissions to offer, sell and/or license such products and services through the advertisements and the Advertiser’s website, and that the advertisements and the Advertiser’s website do not and will not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any third-party rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights), or contain any libelous or defamatory materials. Advertiser certifies that the advertisements and the Advertiser’s website will at all times comply with all standard, written policies applicable to MakeupTalk.com, including the privacy policies and advertising specifications.
Advertiser shall not use, display or modify MakeupTalk.com’s trademarks in any manner without the prior written consent of MakeupTalk.com.
Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer; Indemnification. (A) Except in connection with the confidentiality, solicitation, tax and indemnity provisions herein, damages under this agreement shall be limited to direct damages, ( B ) MakeupTalk.com does not make and specifically disclaims any representations or warranties, express or implied, and under no circumstances will MakeupTalk.com’s aggregate liability hereunder or in connection herewith (including, without limitation, in respect of the indemnity below) exceed the advertising fees actually paid by Advertiser to MakeupTalk.com hereunder, and © each party (“indemnifying party”) hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the other party and the officers, directors, agents, affiliates, distributors, franchises and employees of the other party from and against all claims, actions, liabilities, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may at any time be incurred by any of them by reason of any claims, suits or proceedings arising out of any material breach by indemnifying party of any duty, representation or warranty under these Terms and Condition.
Related Limitations and Covenants.
Neither MakeupTalk.com nor its affiliates shall have any liability whatsoever by reason of error for which they may be responsible in any advertisement beyond liability to give the advertiser or advertising agency credit for so much of the space occupied by the advertisement as is materially affected by the error; and its obligation to give such credit shall not apply unless it is notified of the inaccuracy within 48 hours following the posting error.
MakeupTalk.com does not guarantee any given level of circulation, distribution, reach or readership for any advertisement.
The advertiser and advertising agency jointly and severally assume liability for all content (including text representation, illustrations, updates and links to other internet content) of advertisements published and also assumes responsibility for any claims arising therefrom made against MakeupTalk.com or its affiliates, including all costs associated with defending any such claim.
All advertising copy that may be mistaken by a reader as news, feature or other non-advertising materials must be clearly marked “advertisement”.
MakeupTalk.com shall not be liable to the Advertiser for any technical malfunction, computer error or loss of data or other injury, damage or disruption to advertisements or any web sites.
In the event an account is referred to a third party for collection, advertiser and advertising agency agree to pay all collection fees including attorneys’ fees and court costs incurred to effect collection.
Advertiser shall not send unsolicited, commercial email or other online communications (e.g., “spam”) through or into MakeupTalk.com and shall comply with all standard MakeupTalk.com bulk email policies.
Advertiser shall ensure that its collection, use and disclosure of information obtained from MakeupTalk.com users under this Insertion Order complies with all applicable laws, regulations and privacy policies.
Advertiser shall not disclose such user information to any party, nor shall Advertiser use or allow any other party to use such user information in any manner that is or could reasonably be expected to be used by or on behalf of any product or service competitive with MakeupTalk.com. This section shall survive the completion, expiration, termination or cancellation of this Insertion Order for a period of two (2) years.
Both parties will keep the existence and terms of this Insertion Order confidential and neither party will publish any press release related hereto without the prior written consent of the other party.
Either party may terminate this Insertion Order in the event of a material breach of this Insertion Order by the other party, which remains uncured after ten (10) days written notice thereof. In addition, MakeupTalk.com may terminate this Insertion Order upon a material breach by Advertiser of any other agreement between the parties which is not cured within cure period set forth in such agreement. If MakeupTalk.com terminates this Insertion Order due to Advertiser’s material breach of any requirement of this Insertion Order or of any other written agreement with MakeupTalk.com, all of Advertiser’s payment obligations hereunder shall survive such termination. If Advertiser terminates this Insertion Order due to MakeupTalk.com’s material breach of this Insertion Order, Advertiser will be responsible only for the Pro-rata Payments.
MakeupTalk.com may terminate this Insertion Order at any time for any reason upon thirty (30) days written notice to Advertiser (or upon such shorter notice as may be designated by MakeupTalk.com in the event that MakeupTalk.com believes in good faith that further display of the advertisements will expose MakeupTalk.com to liability or other adverse consequences). In such event, Advertiser will be responsible only for only the Pro-Rata Payments.
This Insertion Order sets forth the entire agreement between Advertiser and MakeupTalk.com with respect to the transactions set forth herein, and supersedes any and all prior agreements of MakeupTalk.com or Advertiser with respect to such transactions. If an advertising agency signs this Insertion Order on behalf of Advertiser, the agency thereby represents and warrants that it has full authority to bind Advertiser to the terms of this Insertion Order and that it will ensure that Advertiser complies with all such terms.
Advertiser shall not make any assignment of this Insertion Order or any rights benefits or obligations hereunder (including, without limitation, by way of merger or consolidation) without the prior written consent of MakeupTalk.com. In the event of an assignment, this Insertion Order shall be fully binding upon, inure to the benefit of and be enforceable by the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns.
This Insertion Order shall be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, except for its conflicts of laws principles. Advertiser hereby irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and the federal courts situated in the State of California in connection with any action arising under this Insertion Order.
Mar 15 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Forum Integration
IP.Content allows you to promote posts from your forums to articles in the IP.Content Articles database.
The administrator can configure the specifics of this feature in the ACP under My Apps -> IP.Content -> Promote Article Settings. You can turn the system on and off, control which groups can copy and move posts to the articles section, and specify a few other details for the feature. A new hook is included with IP.Content which adds a button to each post labeled "Promote to Article". This button only shows up if you have permission to use the feature based on the ACP configuration.
When clicked, the button will take you to a new form where you can formalize the details of the new article. You can tweak the text and title, upload an image, and specify other pertinent details. If you are able to both move and copy posts to the articles section, you will also be asked which type of promotion you wish to use. Upon submitting the form, IP.Content handles the rest.
This new feature can be used to showcase important content otherwise hidden in your forums by pushing this content to your frontpage. It is then up to you whether you want a copy made in the articles section (leaving the original post in tact), whether you want to actually move the post to the articles section, and whether you want any cross-linking left in place. With such powerful options, we are sure you will find many uses for this great tool available in IP.Content.
Mar 16 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Frontpage
IP.Content 2.0 uses the term "frontpage" to refer to both the homepage of the Articles module, and the landing page of each individual category. We have introduced this new navigational structure to better allow you to showcase content, while presenting it in a standardized format that your users will be able to understand and jump into without assistance.
Firstly, you will now be able to define "frontpage" templates in the ACP for the Articles module. IP.Content will ship with 3 defaults:
- 1x2x2 Layout
This layout will display articles in a traditional "news" style layout.
- Blog format
This format will display articles in a blog-style format.
- Single column
This layout will force articles to display in a single column, one per row.
Articles must be set to "Show on front page" in order for them to display on the homepage frontpage.
In addition to the homepage frontpage, each category has it's own frontpage. The category frontpage functions identically to the homepage frontpage, except for two important factors:
- Only records from within that category (and it's subcategories) will be displayed
- The "Show on front page" setting is not honored for the category frontpage
Mar 16 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Media
The media module in the IP.Content ACP section allows you to quickly and easily manage multimedia files you may need to use with IP.Content. While you can certainly upload your files through FTP, or link to offsite files, you may find it easier to upload the files using the media section of the ACP, and then copy the links for use within pages, templates, and blocks. Media files uploaded through the IP.Content Media Manager are also easily inserted using the Template Tag helper window available when editing pages, blocks and templates with just a single click.
From within the media module, you can create folders, upload files, move files and folders, rename files and folders, and delete files and folders. When viewing a listing of files you will see a preview (if the file can be previewed), and selecting a file will present some other pertinent details. You can also right click on the file and use your browser's "Copy Link" option to quickly get the link to the file.
This tool can be a timesaver when you simply need to upload an image quickly for use within a page, block or template. The media folder is defined in the media_path.php file in your forum root directory, giving you the freedom to move and organize your paths as needed.
Mar 15 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Pages
The page management module interface has many powerful tools built in, designed to help you work with pages and folders in IP.Content efficiently.
Firstly, the folder navigation utilizes AJAX to load the folder contents inline without requiring you to visit a new page to view the contents of the folder.
We have also updated some common management features to utilize AJAX to help facilitate management of your pages. Actions like clearing folders and deleting folders, for instance, will now occur without page refreshes, making your managerial activities flow smoother and quicker.
Additionally, the interface as a whole has been updated to provide a nicer, smoother feel for the page management areas. In practice, we found that many administrators spend the majority of their time setting up and utilizing IP.Content in the page management areas, so we wanted to update the user interface to make this experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. Minor details like confirmation dialogs have been updated to bring everything together for a more consistent feel.
A new filter bar, utilizing AJAX to retrieve the results without the need for a page refresh, has also been added to the page management area. You can begin typing in the name of a page and a live-search action will occur in the background, showing you the results of your search as you type. If you have many pages and many folders (and many pages within those many folders), you will find that using the filter bar to locate your pages can dramatically speed up your navigation of IP.Content within the page management areas of the ACP.
Overall, we've modernized the IP.Content page management area of the ACP, polishing up the little details, in an effort to make your experience all the more pleasant.
Mar 15 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Templates
In the IP.Content ACP, you will notice that there are 3 separate template sections of the ACP:
- Block Templates
- Page Templates
- Database Templates
- Article Templates
Templates can be reordered by dragging and dropping the rows up and down, and they can be moved from one container to another via drag n drop as well.
Certain meta data about the templates are stored when you create new database or article templates, allowing IP.Content to tailor other areas of the ACP to help you out. For example, the software stores the template type when you create a new template. This allows us to show only "category listing" templates in the "category listing template" selection dropdowns. Similarly, the template tag help panel can automatically know which template type you are editing without you having to specify.
Properly making use of templates can help you push out pages on your site in a uniform manner quickly and easily, and without having to "reinvent the wheel" each time a new page is ready to be published.
Mar 16 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Forum Integration
With IP.Content articles and custom databases you can mirror a topic to the forums when a new article or database record is submitted. In doing so, IP.Content can also utilize that automatically-generated topic as the comment "storage" for the article or record. When a comment is submitted to the article, the comment is actually stored as a reply to the topic. Similarly, replies made directly to the topic in the forum also show up as comments for the record.
This functionality can be enabled at a per-database and per-category level. You can specify separate forums for each category in your article section, for instance, or you can turn off forum commenting for a specific category, while enabling it for all others.
A few additional configuration options, such as allowing you to automatically remove the topic when the record is removed, and specifying a prefix and/or suffix for the topic title so that your users can more easily identify that such topics were stemmed from the articles section help round out the feature, giving you better control over how these automatically posted topics are handled.
The forum cross-posting capabilities allow the administrator to better tie in articles with the forums, giving you better opportunities to expose your content to a wider audience. Additionally, forum management of comments provides for easier maintenance and stronger managerial options of the comments, utilizing IP.Board's powerful, proven feature set.
Mar 16 2010 03:00 PM | ipsadmin in Databases
IP.Board 3.1 introduces a new feature that is available for any application to make use of: sharing links. IP.Content makes use of this feature in the custom databases (and articles) modules to allow you to more easily expose your content to a wider audience.
Along with supporting sharing of your content with third party services such as Facebook and Twitter, you can now also send an article via email, print the article, and download the article easily by clicking the appropriate icon under the article body. The additional printing and downloading features allow the content to be shared, online as well as offline.
Within the articles module specifically, the article image that you upload when posting the article (optionally) will automatically be flagged for use with Facebook when someone uses Facebook to share the link. This ensures that the correct image is the one Facebook displays to other users. Similarly, we pull out an appropriate extract of textual content for Facebook to use as well. If the user is logged in to Twitter or Facebook, sharing the content becomes even easier, not requiring you to even leave the site.
We hope that by providing tools to make it easier to share content on your site, your content will be exposed to a wider audience, bringing you more traffic and making your content more easily and readily available to the world.