Homemade Facial for Oily/Pimpley skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for something simple to make as a home made facial for Oily tzone skin & a few pimples and redness.

I heard that egg whites work amazing.

i use proactive but still get some breakouts, was thinking of using a homemade facials mask 2-3 times a week,

Recipes for this skin type would be amazing, and easily bought stuff
smile.gif

THANKS!

I swear by clays, they're easy to use and cheap. You can find them in any pharmacy, healthfood store or even your supermarket's beauty aisle.

The simplest recipe is clay + water. For your face and neck, no more than a tablespoon of clay, and water enough to make a paste. Leave it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes, and up to 30. The ideal time between comfort on your face and effectiveness is something in between, for me i found it's 20 minutes. Don't let it dry on your face, it must be kept damp with any waterspray you have.

Recipes :

-green clay+water + 1 drop of one of these essential oils : tea tree, lemon, lavender.

Lavender is the most gentle and has my preference, but for pimples, i sometimes prefer to use lemon (grapefruit is also another essential oil i recommend, my pimples can disappear overnight). Tea tree oil kicks ass but can leave a burnt feeling which you might not like.

-white clay+water+1 drop of your chosen essential oil.

White clay is softer than green clay.

-moroccan clay+orange blossom water, lavender water or rose water.

Think about using flower waters instead of your regular tap water. They are the byproduct of distillation, so they contain the same properties as the essential oils but in a much less concentrated proportion.

Orange blossom and rose are easy to find and also add a nice scent to your mask. Lavender is a plant recommended for oily skin and pimples, so i still mention it, but i think you will only find it in healthfood stores.

Back