-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Birchbox

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 14 OFFLINE   AmourAnnette

AmourAnnette

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Joined 07-February 11

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

So the other day, Zoya announced on their facebook page that they have teamed up with a company called Birchbox. I instantly thought "What the heck is Birchbox?!" so I did a little bit of research, and basically it's a monthly subscription where once a month for $10, you are sent a box with 4-5 deluxe samples chosen for you based on your beauty profile, and sometimes they throw in bonus items in there as well. I watched Jeanarick's unboxing video of her first Birchbox, and I was instantly sold! I'm already a sucker for monthly subscription type websites, and the fact that you are sent good size samples, in such pretty and well done packaging.. yes please! Signed up and I can't wait for my first Birchbox next month! :D

Have any of you signed up for Birchbox? If you have, what do you think of it? If you haven't, how do you feel about these kinds of monthly subscription services? Will you be signing up? 

#Post 2 of 14 OFFLINE   kikikinzz

kikikinzz

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

I saw Jean's also and at first I was thinking the same thing.......What is Birchbox?  I'm sold too after seeing her unveiling.  SIGN ME UP!

#Post 3 of 14 OFFLINE   Amber204

Amber204

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 25-March 11

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Oooooh I didn't know you get one every month that makes it seem allot more worth while, hmmm!! :P

#Post 4 of 14 OFFLINE   jeanarick

jeanarick

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

This was my first one and it was so much fun getting it. You don't know what's in it until you get it. It's like Christmas once a month! For $10 a month (which includes shipping). It's giving me the chance to try new products every month without committing to a full size that may be expensive. I hope enjoy it as much as I did.

#Post 5 of 14 OFFLINE   kikikinzz

kikikinzz

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  • Joined 10-August 10

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

I love that its free shipping!!!!!  I signed up and did the beauty profile so I can't wait for my May Birchbox.  Thank you sooooo much Jean for introducing us to it 

#Post 6 of 14 OFFLINE   jeanarick

jeanarick

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

My pleasure Kiki! I first saw them on YouTube and thought it just looked fun. Then it occured to me it could be a practical way to try out some new stuff. From what I understand you get a full size product occasionally. It seems so worth it to me.

#Post 7 of 14 OFFLINE   *Gigi*

*Gigi*

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Joined 16-April 08

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

I signed up a few months ago, and I haven't been dissapointed yet!

I have gotten huge samples from brands like Juice Beauty, Blow, Ahava, Bare Minerals, Sue Devitt, Stila, and so many more! Its totally worth the 10 bucks a month to get a little box full of suprise goodies every month!

#Post 8 of 14 OFFLINE   vixie13

vixie13

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined 01-November 10

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

I just signed up! Sounds like a great deal! I have weekly budgets, so I figured it will only cost me $2.50 a week! And it's going to fulfill my need for products since I get something new EVERY month! 

Excited! 

#Post 9 of 14 OFFLINE   Amber204

Amber204

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 25-March 11

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:11 PM

Alright I tried to order a birchbox and I can't get them in Canada if I plan a trip to the states I will get to order one to a local parcel service but otherwise I am sol! We have a my pretty pink box in Canada and I watched a few reviews looks like they were giving out full size high quality sample back in Feb 10' but now they are lack luster at best... The last three months have been an NYX lipstick or shadow and a bunch of samples that don't total even the 9 bucks they cost and that doesn't include shipping!! :( I also found one called Loose Button but you have to get put on a wait list than you receive an email that your spot is up... They seem to have allot more high end items advertised on there website is a pic of a Chanel lipstick so I am waiting very patiently for this email now!! :)

Here is the link "angels sing"

http://www.loosebutt...om/pages/brands

#Post 10 of 14 OFFLINE   jeanarick

jeanarick

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • Joined 21-February 11

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

I've heard of Loose Button but don't know much about it. I hope you move up the list soon!

#Post 11 of 14 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yep, I got my Caitlin nail polish and I am wearing as we speak. I like Birchbox. It can be hit or miss but Ive been happy with my last 3 boxes.

#Post 12 of 14 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

An interesting article on the subject:

http://bits.blogs.ny...ness-of-beauty/

- DW

#Post 13 of 14 OFFLINE   Hellyay

Hellyay

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-March 12

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi, I got my first Birchbox Today. I was really excited about it. Then I opened it up and 1 Item was missing. I really like the Idea of Birchbox, but it was kinda disappointing to see that in Your first Box there is already something missing. Has that happened to any of You guys yet?  

#Post 14 of 14 OFFLINE   calexxia

calexxia

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Hellyay View Post

Hi, I got my first Birchbox Today. I was really excited about it. Then I opened it up and 1 Item was missing. I really like the Idea of Birchbox, but it was kinda disappointing to see that in Your first Box there is already something missing. Has that happened to any of You guys yet?  

Email them. They are VERY good w/customer service and will either ship the replacement item to you or credit your account with points (I've had both happen).

"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"