A Good Eye Shadow Palette/brand in the UK?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have started to take an interest in eye shadow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> THing is i have rubbish eye shadows, whats a good brand, or palette?

Not too expensive please, i don't have a job as im only 14 haha.

Sleek. Barry M. Dazzle Dusts. Some of them are absolute glitterbombs, but a lot (Mushroom, Oyster Grey) are absolute must-haves. (All in all, IMO, Barry M. has a lot of gems, and more hits than duds.)

I have to agree with Maris,

Sleek MakeUP has many many many different palettes (10 colours) full of bold colours (and are still releasing more, most are Limited Edition and part of collections) which I think are great for younger people as they have a bigger love relationship with colour. ALL the shadows are really pigmented, soft and creamy.. though you may needa watch out for fallout but it's a bargain considering since they only cost about $10each and the brightside is, you can get them from any Superdrug without needing to deal with the costumer service of Sleek MakeUP; which is just horrible. It is so good that it has became internationally loved. If you find a Limited Edition Palette from Sleek and want it, it's best to get it in the first 2 weeks of release as sometimes.. they becomes so popular that they're sold out in just weeks, an example would be their Graphite palette in the 2008's-2009's ish which is still one of their most sought for palette.

Barry M is another inexpensive drugstore brand in most Superdrugs, I think, and they carry one of the best pigments (loose eyeshadows that are like powder which can be pressed if you don't like them like I don't as they can be quite messy) in the UK for very very cheap; I've seen blogs that always tell me that they sell in bundles of 2-3 for something like £5.00, I'm not quite sure bout the pressed eyeshadows so you may needa google them before purchasing but I think the quality is quite the same. They also prduce a great nail polish range with quality stuff.

I think, but not quite sure, that the UK sells E.L.F cosmetics too, they have a website for this region afterall. Go try them out, they can have a couple of hit and misses but for $1-$3 each.... well more like £1.50 - £6.00, it's no biggie considering how much product you get for that much money. They do tend to have quite a bit of fallout sometimes but it the US, it's a popular brand especially with the shadows, primers and brushes and no, they aren't selling these products for this cheap because they're going out of business, they've always been this price. For some reason, even though E.L.F is a USA brand, me thinks, Europe tends to release more and popular trend items then the US, which are usually... wells sometimes, bought over to the US branch anyways. Their website is here, all 3 of their lines are good in their own ways, Essential, Studio and Mineral so go check them all out.

Beauty UK, Topshop, Boots, Gosh are more brands that you could check out, I have no infomation about these particular brands though they look pretty good and I've hear some okay reviews with these so I recommend them. Beauty UK's website is located here and a review on them here.

Those above are the cheaper options, if you wish to go a tad more expensive, then try your usual Revlon, Maybelline and L'Oreal. I don't recommend Covergirl nor Rimmel for eyes though because they're not that pigmented.. and at times, people say it's like trying to get colour out of a stone. If you wish to find more brands, just check our your local Superdrug/Boots and play with the testers there, just don't put them on your own eye as they are homes to bacteria since many other people use them.

You may need to double check on some of this information on other's beauty blogs, I'm not from either the UK or the US but these are common reviews that I've seen. Enjoy!

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ive only tried barry Ms nail polish's, i love them so ill try the eye shadows!

Ive heard amazing reviews for Beauty UK, and ive looked at some of the palettes online and they're only like £4! For 10 colours, and apparently they stay on for ages, great pigmentation and all that :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- I want the coastal scents warm pallete ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> .. Maybe for christmas, i don't have £30 spare right now :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh and i just looked at the Sleek on the superdrug website, they have some pretty nice colours, so i'll also pick one of those up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks again! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have to agree with Maris,

Sleek MakeUP has many many many different palettes (10 colours) full of bold colours (and are still releasing more, most are Limited Edition and part of collections) which I think are great for younger people as they have a bigger love relationship with colour. ALL the shadows are really pigmented, soft and creamy.. though you may needa watch out for fallout but it's a bargain considering since they only cost about $10each and the brightside is, you can get them from any Superdrug without needing to deal with the costumer service of Sleek MakeUP; which is just horrible. It is so good that it has became internationally loved. If you find a Limited Edition Palette from Sleek and want it, it's best to get it in the first 2 weeks of release as sometimes.. they becomes so popular that they're sold out in just weeks, an example would be their Graphite palette in the 2008's-2009's ish which is still one of their most sought for palette.

Barry M is another inexpensive drugstore brand in most Superdrugs, I think, and they carry one of the best pigments (loose eyeshadows that are like powder which can be pressed if you don't like them like I don't as they can be quite messy) in the UK for very very cheap; I've seen blogs that always tell me that they sell in bundles of 2-3 for something like £5.00, I'm not quite sure bout the pressed eyeshadows so you may needa google them before purchasing but I think the quality is quite the same. They also prduce a great nail polish range with quality stuff.

I think, but not quite sure, that the UK sells E.L.F cosmetics too, they have a website for this region afterall. Go try them out, they can have a couple of hit and misses but for $1-$3 each.... well more like £1.50 - £6.00, it's no biggie considering how much product you get for that much money. They do tend to have quite a bit of fallout sometimes but it the US, it's a popular brand especially with the shadows, primers and brushes and no, they aren't selling these products for this cheap because they're going out of business, they've always been this price. For some reason, even though E.L.F is a USA brand, me thinks, Europe tends to release more and popular trend items then the US, which are usually... wells sometimes, bought over to the US branch anyways. Their website is here, all 3 of their lines are good in their own ways, Essential, Studio and Mineral so go check them all out.

Beauty UK, Topshop, Boots, Gosh are more brands that you could check out, I have no infomation about these particular brands though they look pretty good and I've hear some okay reviews with these so I recommend them. Beauty UK's website is located here and a review on them here.

Those above are the cheaper options, if you wish to go a tad more expensive, then try your usual Revlon, Maybelline and L'Oreal. I don't recommend Covergirl nor Rimmel for eyes though because they're not that pigmented.. and at times, people say it's like trying to get colour out of a stone. If you wish to find more brands, just check our your local Superdrug/Boots and play with the testers there, just don't put them on your own eye as they are homes to bacteria since many other people use them.

You may need to double check on some of this information on other's beauty blogs, I'm not from either the UK or the US but these are common reviews that I've seen. Enjoy!
Ooh, yes! Definately GOSH! Unfortunately, it's not mega cheap, but if you can get the Effect Powders on sale, STOCK UP!

I hear a lot about Sleek palettes, and Paul & Joe.

The packaging for Paul & Joe is so adorable!! And they had makeup pearls that looked so neat.

Also Top Shop has a makeup line, though I'm not too sure of the quality.

I feel silly answering this when I live in Canada. xP

But I look at pictures on makeupalley a lot, and I always see UK brands I would love to try.

Sleek and Paul & Joe look so amazing!

Back