What's my skin tone?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I have -a lot- of questions. First and foremost, what in the world is my skin tone? Am I warm or cool? What about the season thing? Thank you so much in advance!

I would say judging by your pic you have a neutral skin tone. I see some pink but I also see yellow in your neck and collarbone. You most definitely are fair. You could benefit from using a foundation or base concealer with a hint of yellow in the formulation. I would avoid any formulation that is very pink in base. I think you look great without makeup! You have beautiful, natural, looking skin!

Thank you for your response! I think that's why I had such a hard time figuring it out myself. My face always has some pink to it, along with my knuckles, hands, and nails, but other parts, like arms, don't always. I tried to follow the self-tests one comes up with searching around online, but they ended up leaving me more confused, as none were definite swings either way. My veins look mostly green, but some seem blue or almost purple as well. As for colors or jewelry metals, I have no idea what looks best. I assumed it was because I've seen my own face so often, but maybe I really am neutral. Thank you for your compliments and suggestions!

I agree I think you're neutral. But I'd stay away from something with really heavy undertones of yellow.

Thank you for your responses! This could definitely explain why I was having such a hard time choosing a side. I've read that neutrals -usually- lean toward warm or cool. Is that true for me?

I definately would say that you are an Autumn, with regard to season.

And you have a warm tone.

This is such a common question - why not make "Skin Tones and Seasons" a sticky?

Originally Posted by Bellebelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for your responses! This could definitely explain why I was having such a hard time choosing a side. I've read that neutrals -usually- lean toward warm or cool. Is that true for me?

In a word, yes. Now, you need to decipher which shades in the warm and cool family bring out your complexion. Trial and error. I found I look better in white than ivory. Though, some shades of ivory look fab on me. Generally, silver jewelery looks better on me than gold. Though, I never rule out some muted shades of gold. Your lucky- Neutral is fun!!

Back