-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

ELF at Walgreens!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Spotted these at Walgreens tonight. It appears the there will be a second volume to these. Price: $4.99

2011-06-18_20-30-53_955.jpg

Beauty School 32-piece eyeshadow palette, Volume 1

Little Black Beauty Book, Volume 1

Beauty Eye Manual

2011-06-18_20-31-36_642.jpg 2011-06-18_20-32-10_809.jpg 2011-06-18_20-32-59_776.jpg

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   Aishu

Aishu

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Reviews

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:33 PM

I'd feel quite guilty buying that, cause it's seems so low priced but it's such a good deal if it really works. xD

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

Those are always $5 Aishu :D   I can't believe there's Elf at Walgreens.  I'm headed there tomorrow! lol

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   Its Only Nicole

Its Only Nicole

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11
Reviews

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

How sad... I stopped by Walgreens in Russellville today.. and they had only two of those there.  the middle and one on the left.. They JUST recieved them in the past week.

so I got the one on the left.. the 32 piece palette.

#Post 5 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

I finally got around to using the items I bought last month and to be honest wasn't happy with any of it. I've decided that those will be the last beauty books and palettes I buy from them. They make decent brushes and their mineral shadows are good but their eyeshadows are way too much of a miss than a hit for me. I found most of the colors to be chalk, doesn't blend well and not very well pigmented. The darker colors were much better but I think I'm pretty much done with their eye shadows.

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

That sucks... they sell them here in Canada at Winners.  I've also seen the brushes at Dollarama. 

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   KaeceeLove

KaeceeLove

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I finally got around to using the items I bought last month and to be honest wasn't happy with any of it. I've decided that those will be the last beauty books and palettes I buy from them. They make decent brushes and their mineral shadows are good but their eyeshadows are way too much of a miss than a hit for me. I found most of the colors to be chalk, doesn't blend well and not very well pigmented. The darker colors were much better but I think I'm pretty much done with their eye shadows.

stick with their mineral line.. I have shadows lipsticks a blush a booster and the mineral eye shadow primer and they are all satisfactory quality. But yea the palette shadows ive found to be quite hit or miss.. some have great payoff but others dont.

#Post 8 of 12 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:03 AM

Yeah - I havent been happy with my ELF products either and I've decided I'd rather save the money and buy one decent palette than have 5 crappy ones.

#Post 9 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

I'll swatch the products this morning and post in the Dupes & Swatches areas later today.

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   Carol D.

Carol D.

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Joined 15-August 07
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

Seems to me that to get the best results from these eyeshadows requires a decent eyeshadow primer, otherwise they are a bit underwhelming, particularly the lighter shades.

#Post 11 of 12 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,796 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Carol D. View Post

Seems to me that to get the best results from these eyeshadows requires a decent eyeshadow primer, otherwise they are a bit underwhelming, particularly the lighter shades.

I use Urban Decay's primers and it's chalky (on my eyes). The swatches I did was on my arm with a Covergirl True Blend foundation as a base. I wasn't wasting my expensive primer for swatches. lol

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   chichichobits

chichichobits

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
Reviews

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

I like the E.L.F. Studio Line as far as some of the brushes. The eyeshadows make a nice base, but I have heard good and bad things about the beauty books.