-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Ulta is awesome for returns!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   AmyNxDx

AmyNxDx

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 23-April 11
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I'm pretty darn surprised about how helpful and nice they were about my returns. I did return 2 unused items last week and all they asked "Can we put this back on the shelf?" I said yes because I hadn't even opened the products. 

I went today and was kinda worried. 2 weeks ago I went for the Urban Decay makeovers and I bought the UD Foundation to Powder product and couldn't figure out if I liked it. I have used it about 5 times and I realized that it's just the wrong shade. I went in and told the manager about it (she just happened to be up front) and she was glad to help. I asked her about other foundations or products. She told me I can either exchange it, get a store credit or just get my money back. She said "All we want is for you to be happy"!

I had to share this because I was simply amazed! Returning makeup is usually an issue and returning used makeup is even harder! I will say that the UD foundation rocks, just needed to be the right color. I ended up getting a UD eye primer instead and the rest of my cash back. I was going to get a foundation but since I have the Luminess Air (I still can't believe I won that!!) thing coming, I figured I didn't need more foundation.

So all-in-all, Ulta gets an A++ in my book!

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   greeneyedlady

greeneyedlady

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Joined 25-June 10
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Oh well this is good news to hear! Thanks for sharing :) I've never had a return at Ulta (yet..knock on wood lol).

I guess the one thing that kinda makes me go "???" is what if someone lied and said it's OK for them to put back on the shelf. Frankly, I don't want pink eye from someone's "unused" eye product. 

It's great to hear about the wonderful customer service though!

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   AmyNxDx

AmyNxDx

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 23-April 11
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Yeah I was wondering the same thing?? Maybe they just put it in a different bin? Or certain items they don't put back out??

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

Wow that's surprising!  Good to know for future purchases!

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   AmyNxDx

AmyNxDx

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 23-April 11
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

I felt bad returning used makeup so I kept wondering why the foundation wasn't blending well, etc. I looked up the color ranges and I'm very pale, they gave me one of the medium cover ranges. I dunno why I trusted her, I guess because it looked okay in the store's lighting.

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   jewele

jewele

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Joined 27-February 06
Reviews

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

I'm happy with their return process also. I bought a hot tools waver a few weeks ago but I lost the receipt, so I was ticked off thinking I just wasted $50. Thought I'd call them to see what I can do and they gave me the corporate office number and they found the receipt and faxed it to the store with in 5 minutes. It was a no hassle return. Very happy.

JEWELE