Jump to content

-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors



Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Beauty Army - what's in your January box?


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 48 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:17 PM

I decided that despite the lack of a security certificate that I would place an order with Beauty Army last week when they launched. I was hesitant and didn't want to order but remembered that I had an old Coinstar card (well it's actually a "Green Dot" card but I got it at Coinstar) that I picked up for just such situations where I did not want to use my normal debit or credit cards.

 

Beauty Army costs $12 a month but unlike other sampling programs YOU get to pick the items you want in your box that month. You can either do the quiz and nine items will be chosen from that quiz or not and nine random items will be selected instead. From those nine items you can pick up to six samples. I don't remember what all nine items were selected for me but I did pick these six items.

 

beauty army my jan samples.jpg BOO BOO COVER-UP COVER-UP Keep looking your best, even while you’re healing with this unique formula that doubles as a concealer and a healing treatment. Containing natural ingredients known to accelerate healing, this concealer will ensure no one will ever know about your “boo boo.” Shade: Medium Sample Size: 0.1 oz

 

CELLCEUTICALS PHOTODEFENSE SPF 55+ This hydrating formula provides tons of anti-aging and sun protection, aiding and improving the skin’s natural defenses. With all these powerful ingredients, your skin will stay youthful and free of sun damage. Sample Size: 0.34 oz

 

LIFT LAB LIFT & FIRM EYE CREAM This intensive eye cream is designed to specifically target crow’s feet, wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, and sagginess of the delicate skin around your eyes. With active ingredients proven to fight aging, this serum will protect and drastically improve skin. Sample Size: 0.17 oz

 

MAD SKINCARE TRANSFORMING DAILY MOISTURIZER To keep skin youthful, this moisturizer with stem cell and peptide ingredients is designed to target the skin deep down and combat signs of aging. Your skin requires only the best and baby, this is it. Sample Size: 1.7 oz

 

LAROCCA SKINCARE SHIELD MULTI-ACTIVE LIP BALM (PROSECO) Nourishes and protects with amino acids and anti-microbials. This lip balm improves the look and feel of your lips and smells amazing! Full size

 

MYFACE COSMETICS BLINGTONE EYESHADOW (SP'ICE'Y) Create a wicked wash of colour and dramatic, wet-looking shine. Blingtone eyeshadows glide on smoothly and won’t drop or flake. Full size.

 

 

Out of all the products I think I'm most excited to try is the Lift Lab Lift & Firm Eye Cream. I'm almost 40 (yikes, acknowledging that freaks me out) and have noticed that my skin around my eyes are not tight and line free any more. I've used Anastasia firming lotion (in fact just ordered a new bottle from Birchbox) because I love it. I have a few other products that I've tried with mixed results but at over $40 for this TINY bottle of Anastasia product I wanted to see what else is on the market that will actually help reduce the appearance of fine lines. I know that nothing on the market will get rid of the wrinkles and fine lines on a permanent basis however it's a far cheaper, safer and less painful method than plastic surgery, botox or fillers. The downside to the Lift Lab product is the price - $95.00. At $95 IF product does as well as my Anastasia then it's something I'll have to save up for. I know Birchbox sells one Lift Lab product but not the Lift & Firm Eye Cream otherwise I'd just use any Birchbox points I had to bring the price down.

 

I have heard of Boo Boo Cover Up but never tried it. I've read raving reviews about it since it's a concealer that's supposed to help your skin heal if you have like a cut or scratch on your face. Yes, even the skeptic in me can be swayed by rave reviews. If it works Beauty Army sells it for $20.85 while on the Boo Boo Cover Up site it sells for $19.99. The downside is that at this time it only comes in one shade - medium - so for you fair skin and dark skin girls you'll have to wait until Boo Boo Cover Up finally sells it in your shade.

 

As for the rest, I'm excited to try my items and since I did order the night they launched I'm among the 300 who are to get an "Inaugural Kit". No idea what they entails but I'm super excited for my box. I haven't been THIS excited since my first Birchbox. Once my items get here I'll do an actual review on the products I received.

 

So what's in YOUR January box?

 

 

There is a thread in the main Make Up talk section however we don't have one here in the S&S group.


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


#Post 2 of 48 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm almost too embarrassed to say. I got lift lab eye cream, strivectin brightening serum, joico k-pak, larocca 24 kt exfoliating cleanser, shea terra rose hips deep pore cleanser & control corrective anti-wrinkle face & neck cream.

 

Then I noticed they had eyeshadow. Gotta have the eyeshadow. Opened another account in hubbys name & got boo boo cover up, chella eye mask, mad corrective serum, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip balm & my face spicey eye shadow.

 

You would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well

 

I really wanted the larocca body polish. So, i got that & let hubby pick the rest:another eye cream, joico k-pak, shea terra deep pore, strivectin brightening & celluceuticals neo cell.

 

Then I saw there was another color of eyeshadow. You know whats coming...another freakin account. Myface eyeshadow in diamonds & pearls, chella eye mask, mad daily moisturizer, lift lab eye cream, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip gloss.

 

I'm cut off now & going to have to cancel two accounts.



#Post 3 of 48 OFFLINE   MakeupA

MakeupA

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-January 12
Reviews

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Lol Souly that's too funny! I might need to make another account as well!  I am sooo excited to try the different samples and love that we get to pick them out. I was so rushed and stressed just trying to be one of the 300 last Sunday that I didn't spend much time taking the quiz or selecting my samples! I'm honestly shocked I was able to get in!

 

I picked: the cellceuticals neocells exfoliant, the chella eye mask (which was also in my test tube that I have yet to try), strivectin get even brightening serum, shea terra black soap deep pore facial cleanser, myface cosmetics blingtone eyeshadow morrococo (which I hope is as stunning on me as it appears online) and the larocca skin care pumpkin body polish!

 

I'm mostly into skin care so I'm pretty happy with my selection so far! BeautyArmy is currently my favorite sample box subscription!



#Post 4 of 48 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:50 PM



Originally Posted by Souly View Post
You would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well

 

LMAO -- Too funny. But I totally understand. I signed my daughter with Birchbox and MyGlam with the intent those to be for her but I've managed to procure several of her items from her Birchboxes. Her first MyGlam will come in Feb barring any subscription problems like in December.


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


#Post 5 of 48 OFFLINE   GirlyEnthusiast

GirlyEnthusiast

    Mastiff Momma

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
Reviews
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:02 PM


LOL! Awesome.
 

Originally Posted by Souly View Post

I'm almost too embarrassed to say. I got lift lab eye cream, strivectin brightening serum, joico k-pak, larocca 24 kt exfoliating cleanser, shea terra rose hips deep pore cleanser & control corrective anti-wrinkle face & neck cream.

 

Then I noticed they had eyeshadow. Gotta have the eyeshadow. Opened another account in hubbys name & got boo boo cover up, chella eye mask, mad corrective serum, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip balm & my face spicey eye shadow.

 

You would think that would be enough. You don't know me very well

 

I really wanted the larocca body polish. So, i got that & let hubby pick the rest:another eye cream, joico k-pak, shea terra deep pore, strivectin brightening & celluceuticals neo cell.

 

Then I saw there was another color of eyeshadow. You know whats coming...another freakin account. Myface eyeshadow in diamonds & pearls, chella eye mask, mad daily moisturizer, lift lab eye cream, strivectin eye concentrate, larocca lip gloss.

 

I'm cut off now & going to have to cancel two accounts.



 



#Post 6 of 48 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yeah, I think I need a support group! I'm super excited. I'm hoping the lift lab eye cream will be as good as it sounds. I'm turning 33  this year & the fine lines are getting deeper. I'm also excited to try the shea terra deep pore cleanser. I've tried ole henriksens scrub but it was way too rough for me,.'m using PTR buffing beads which I like buts its $36. $36 is too much for a scrub. $18 would be great if its works for me



#Post 7 of 48 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:05 PM



Originally Posted by Souly View Post

Yeah, I think I need a support group!


Oh honey, you don't find that here. LOL This place is soooo bad for your pocketbook! LOL I have a $100 a month makeup budget that I go over every single month for the last four or so months (maybe longer) and it's this place's fault! Someone will post something I like, I go find and try, I end up liking and I end up buying. Very, very bad for the pocketbook. LOL

 

 


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


#Post 8 of 48 OFFLINE   BreAnnNicole

BreAnnNicole

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11
Reviews

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

So I am beyond bummed out because I was not near the computer during the actual launch on New Years day and by the time I got one all 300 original kits were sold out :( However I have picked my samples and it says that my kit should ship in February or sooner! Here are my samples:

 

-NeoCell cellceuticals micro-resurfacing skin treatment (if this is as good as their collagen supplement pills I will be ecstatic!)

- Chella Anti-Fatigue eye mask (which I got in my last Test Tube and have fallen in love with)

-Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap deep pore cleanser

- SunFX body wash

-LaRocca skin care Pumpkin Fleur de Sel body polish

- MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone eye shadow in Diamonds & Pearls

 

I'm really excited and hoping I get it before Feb! I will always and forever be bummed that I missed the launch box by a hair though :/



#Post 9 of 48 OFFLINE   allthingsaimee

allthingsaimee

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

i got the cellceuticals neocell, larocca lip stuff, bling tone eyeshadow in sp'ice'y, m.a.d youth transformative thingy, lift lab eye cream and joico k-pak.  pretty excited about it all.  i just recently got into doing something for myself each month and started with birchbox.  now i've got subs to that, beauty army and freaking julep.  oye vey...  it certainly is addictive.  



#Post 10 of 48 OFFLINE   allthingsaimee

allthingsaimee

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:56 PM



Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole View Post

So I am beyond bummed out because I was not near the computer during the actual launch on New Years day and by the time I got one all 300 original kits were sold out :( However I have picked my samples and it says that my kit should ship in February or sooner! Here are my samples:

 

-NeoCell cellceuticals micro-resurfacing skin treatment (if this is as good as their collagen supplement pills I will be ecstatic!)

- Chella Anti-Fatigue eye mask (which I got in my last Test Tube and have fallen in love with)

-Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap deep pore cleanser

- SunFX body wash

-LaRocca skin care Pumpkin Fleur de Sel body polish

- MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone eye shadow in Diamonds & Pearls

 

I'm really excited and hoping I get it before Feb! I will always and forever be bummed that I missed the launch box by a hair though :/


i'm not really sure the first 300 get anything special.  beauty army is being super cryptic about that particular batch of kits.  i got one, but i'm really thinking they are just using those "inaugural" kits to test out their shipping system.  we're essentially their crash test dummies.

 



#Post 11 of 48 OFFLINE   BreAnnNicole

BreAnnNicole

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11
Reviews

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:29 PM



Originally Posted by allthingsaimee View Post


i'm not really sure the first 300 get anything special.  beauty army is being super cryptic about that particular batch of kits.  i got one, but i'm really thinking they are just using those "inaugural" kits to test out their shipping system.  we're essentially their crash test dummies.

 


I was wondering about that because it seems like all of you that are getting the first kit are getting a lot of the same stuff that I had to choose from with my samples as well. It seemed kind of odd that it said that my box would ship by February OR before. It kinda seems like maybe they're just doing different "waves" of the first kit if that makes sense...



#Post 12 of 48 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

LOL, I think I've already spent $100 in the last week because of this place!!



#Post 13 of 48 OFFLINE   allthingsaimee

allthingsaimee

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:02 PM



Originally Posted by BreAnnNicole View Post


I was wondering about that because it seems like all of you that are getting the first kit are getting a lot of the same stuff that I had to choose from with my samples as well. It seemed kind of odd that it said that my box would ship by February OR before. It kinda seems like maybe they're just doing different "waves" of the first kit if that makes sense...



Yeah, I think you're right about them sending it out in waves just so they have less of a chance of screwing something up and losing hundreds of subscribers before the next wave of products roll in.  The shipping is supposedly "First Class", but my box has been stuck in Nevada for the past 48 hours according to the tracking info.  Not sure if it's really still there or the tracking just stinks and it's closer than I think.  



#Post 14 of 48 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

My box will be here today. :D

 

Originally Posted by allthingsaimee View Post

Yeah, I think you're right about them sending it out in waves just so they have less of a chance of screwing something up and losing hundreds of subscribers before the next wave of products roll in.  The shipping is supposedly "First Class", but my box has been stuck in Nevada for the past 48 hours according to the tracking info.  Not sure if it's really still there or the tracking just stinks and it's closer than I think.  


Don't use the tracking page they sent you. My box still is showing as being in Nevada as well but the USPS tracking page shows it's out for delivery today. Go to the link they sent you and under the tracking number above the reference number is what you want to copy and paste in the USPS tracking page.

 

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction

 

 

 

 


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


#Post 15 of 48 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,084 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

My box came and I didn't see anything "special" about it so I guess the "inaugural kit" simply means it's among the first 300. I have my blog entry up, it took forever since I'm having major router problems (since our ISP changed out our router we've had nothing but trouble) so I'm not going to post it here since it's pic heavy.

 

I will say the BooBoo cream left me VERY disappointed in the amount received.


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


#Post 16 of 48 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thats awesome it came so fast. I have 2 kits coming today. What a bummer about the cover up. I was looking forward to trying it.



#Post 17 of 48 OFFLINE   MakeupA

MakeupA

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined 06-January 12
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I got my kit in the mail yesterday! I would post pics but I don't have a camera. I am in LOVE with my eyeshadow, it's so gorgeous and sparkly and I feel it compliments my skin tone. I haven't tried any of the other products yet. The black soap was a bit smaller than I thought it would be but still a decent sample size. Beauty Army was even courteous enough to send me another confirmation email (without my request) letting me know that my package would be arriving soon so I'd know to look out for it. I can't wait to pick out more goodies for next month. I wish they had a points system like bb



#Post 18 of 48 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:13 AM

I signed just last week, but they are still sending me a January kit. It just shipped today, I'm really excited! 



#Post 19 of 48 OFFLINE   Pancua

Pancua

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11
Reviews

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Oops, I completely missed this group! I just got an email stating my BA box was on its way!



#Post 20 of 48 OFFLINE   Isabelsjewely

Isabelsjewely

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Joined 13-December 11
Reviews

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:32 AM



Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

My box came and I didn't see anything "special" about it so I guess the "inaugural kit" simply means it's among the first 300. I have my blog entry up, it took forever since I'm having major router problems (since our ISP changed out our router we've had nothing but trouble) so I'm not going to post it here since it's pic heavy.

 

I will say the BooBoo cream left me VERY disappointed in the amount received.



I too was quite shocked at the lack of product in that little container. I thought to myself, well gee there isnt even enough here to cover a boo-boo much less see how it heals one!