-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

How do you apply tinted moisturizer?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   belle 09

belle 09

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 26-December 11
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I haven't been using any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer for very long. I always have troubles making it look like it's not make up and like it's my skin. I switched over from foundation recently, because I really don't need that much coverage and thought tinted moisturizer might be a better option for me. I picked up Sonia Kushuk's tinted moisturizer. I apply it with my fingers. Some times it looks great and others it still looks like I'm wearing makeup. 

How do you apply yours? Any tips?

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   jrgaudreault

jrgaudreault

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-October 11
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:44 PM

You may want to try applying it with a stippling brush. You can stipples on some tinted moisturizer wherever you need extra coverage and buff the rest in with circular motions. I find that a stippling brush gives me a light and flawless coverage. Hope this helps!

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   Stemarber

Stemarber

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 24-August 11
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I use my fingers as well. I extend my palm and squeeze a line across my index, middle, and ring finger then rub it against my other hand's three fingers. Then I stipple it on (using my fingers). One hand = one half of my face.  The amount those fingers hold isn't too much so it's not cakey and I'm not wasting any make-up.

I find it looks much more natural than when I use a brush and/or a sponge. I don't know if it matters, but I use Tarte Smooth Operator, which may or may not be thicker than your own TM.

Hope you find a method that works for you!

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   americanclassic

americanclassic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

the one I have is pretty thick, more like a liquid foundation than a moisturizer. I mix it 1:1 with my regular moisturizer on normal days, and just use my fingers to gently pat it on. if I want a bit more coverage (like under the eyes) I use my concealer brush.

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   Jwls750

Jwls750

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't have extremely problematic skin, so I generally stick to tinted moisturizer over foundation because foundation tends to be too heavy and I found the BEST tinted moisturizer the other day. It's by Caudaíe and it's all french, but on the bottle it says "Teint Divin Créme Teintée Tinted Moisturizer. The color I use is "fair to medium" it's the best tinted moisturizer I've found.

I always just use my fingers. I just take a very small amount on my hand. Rub it together because the heat will break it down and make it go on much smoother, so I make sure to rub it together well, then I use my index finger to just place it randomly around my face and rub it in. Don't forget the neck and the ears. People tend to forget those spots :P Also, go all the way into the hair line. It will look more natural and it comes very easily out of your hair :D

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   marci65

marci65

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 26-July 10
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

I use Jane Iredale Dream Tint TM. I squeeze it onto the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply to my face. Then I use Mineral Veil over it. I have some of my best "your skin but better" days with this combo, as long as I don't have any marks on my face I need to conceal.

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   Doya G

Doya G

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Joined 01-April 09
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

I use benefit's moisturizer and found it amazing.

the foundation i love and always use is Inglots's one. i never feel like i have makeup on when I use it, and I get load of good comments about it.

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   hitomispouken

hitomispouken

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 11-October 06
Reviews

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Right now ive been giving ELF tinted moisturizer a try and its not that bad and it only cost $3 and one of my favorite is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It gives me a very good coverage and it feels very good on the face. the only thing is that its a bit expensive.