High end dupes for low end products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you guys (girls) ever search for a high end dupe for a lower end product?

Right now I am on the lookout for a dupe of Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss.

I love the color, texture, and application but I have the scent and flavor of the product.

I'm interested in any type of dupe for this product even if the application method is different.

Obviously I'm also interested in whether other people look for high end versions of low end products.

-Sarah

Hmmm... I can't say that I have. I usually look for lower end dupes of high ends products. I like to have both, the low end look a likes and the high end originals. 

I haven't tried Maybelline's Baby Lips. Fresh makes a Sugar Coral tinted lip treatment that wears in a sheer peach tint. It could be a possible high end dupe. These retail for $22.50 and keep my lips super hydrated. I have the full size in Plum and it's lasted me almost a year. I have a Rose mini that I also use from time to time. Sephora sells them if you're interested. 

H00002484-L1.jpg

I will typically look for low end dupes to see where I can cut costs but still get the same results. I'm not on a baller's budget where everything can be high end lol. I don't see the point in paying $$$ if a more economically priced product performs the same or better.

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried Maybelline's Baby Lips. Fresh makes a Sugar Coral tinted lip treatment that wears in a sheer peach tint. It could be a possible high end dupe. These retail for $22.50 and keep my lips super hydrated. I have the full size in Plum and it's lasted me almost a year. I have a Rose mini that I also use from time to time. Sephora sells them if you're interested. 

H00002484-L1.jpg
Thanks, I'll have to try it.

Back