-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Novice seeking advice on what lipstick color this is.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 11 OFFLINE   sky115

sky115

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-November 12
Reviews

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi everyone,

So this is sort of an odd request... I starting watching this show a couple months ago and while I enjoy it, my favorite part of it has become this characters lipstick color- I want it!!!! The character has this lipstick color on in every episode and I keep wishing I could find a similar shade to buy. I have tried and failed already, mostly because I am VERY new to makeup, I only recently started wearing lipstick and I just do not have a knack for picking out shades (in the store I like them, but at home they're never quite what I expected). I honestly can't even identify the shade that she is wearing because I'm so bad at gauging lipstick colors.  

I really would love some input on what shades I should be looking at to recreate this lipstick look. I even went as far to attach some pictures (yes I am obsessed with this shade it looks so lovely on this actress). So far I have failed and bought one color that wasn't what I wanted in attempt to match with this color.... So I figure its time to ask some advice from more experienced people then myself. Any input is much appreciate! Thank you!!!

#Post 2 of 11 OFFLINE   DonnaJ

DonnaJ

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,489 posts
  • Joined 09-November 10
Reviews

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Well, it's definitely matte. It looks like a brick red but lightly applied or press your lips on a tissue after application. This actually could be a lip pencil instead of a lipstick.

#Post 3 of 11 OFFLINE   smashinbeauty

smashinbeauty

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

that looks like a raspberry (red) color matte..  Illamasqua Drench is very similar to this shade 

#Post 4 of 11 OFFLINE   Olivekrofah

Olivekrofah

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 10-November 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Revlon has a lipstick called love that red which is similar to the color in the picture. The difference is revlon's lipstick is creme and this lipstick looks matte.

#Post 5 of 11 OFFLINE   PeridotCricket

PeridotCricket

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I saw the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains at Target not long ago. Some of thm seem to be matte. To me this looks like the 2nd darkest red one. They are about $7.99 each at Target, Walgreens, or CVS. It may be the darkest red, which is called Gothic. :) Edited because I don't know how the sad smiley got there. I changed it now.

#Post 6 of 11 OFFLINE   studiomakeup

studiomakeup

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Why don't you drop a note to makeup artist magazine and ask about the color and brand, they always have articles like that.

#Post 7 of 11 OFFLINE   vogueboy

vogueboy

Professional Make-up Artist

• Super Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
Reviews

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Makeup411.com does beauty breakdowns on what make-up actors are wearing for tv and film productions.

Wanna post like a Boss? This is how we roll... 

http://www.makeuptal...erms-of-service

;)

#Post 8 of 11 OFFLINE   msdollfaced

msdollfaced

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Joined 29-September 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

That's a really pretty shade, try Wet n' Wild matte lipstick in color 908C, Avon's Ultra Color Rich lipstick in Cherry Jubilee & Jordana's Easyliner in Plush Plum. I own all 3 of these colors and they all seem to be pretty good matches, especially the Avon. I would be more than happy to upload some swatches if you'd like, just let me know 

#Post 9 of 11 OFFLINE   sky115

sky115

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-November 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into all the suggestions. 

Perhaps I will ask the make up artist magazine... I don't think that actress is particularly famous but perhaps someone will know!

#Post 10 of 11 OFFLINE   ILuvMakeup1

ILuvMakeup1

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 14-August 12
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Cranberry :)

#Post 11 of 11 OFFLINE   vogueboy

vogueboy

Professional Make-up Artist

• Super Moderators
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
Reviews

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I will look into all the suggestions.  Perhaps I will ask the make up artist magazine... I don't think that actress is particularly famous but perhaps someone will know!

They won't give you an answer as you are not an IA Make-up HOD. However, they will refer you to their sister site: makeup411.com and they already have this actor's beauty breakdown on file.

Wanna post like a Boss? This is how we roll... 

http://www.makeuptal...erms-of-service

;)