Age-Specific Skincare?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I came across this skincare site the other day (http://www.bonaclara.com/) and was wondering if anyone has used their products before? I've never used anything age-specific and wanted to hear more reviews before I purchased. Any thoughts would be helpful...

Thanks!

I haven't tried any of their products before. I do think as your skin ages certain things happen. Sometimes peoples attention starts to focus on other aspects like dryness, wrinkles, etc.

I totally agree and thanks for taking the time to respond! It just doesn't make sense that I should use the same products as my Mom, right?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by abbyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally agree and thanks for taking the time to respond! It just doesn't make sense that I should use the same products as my Mom, right?

Thanks!
No. You are a separate person from your mom and your skin might be similar but you still need to try stuff on your own. Choose products that are right for you. You can start using skincare and anti aging products when you are young to avoid getting fine lines early. Having said that, if your mom has some great skin products you can always test them on you and see how well they work. It's like free samples!

Yea to me it all makes sense and wonder why there aren't more products out there that focus on the specific problems your skin is going through when you are young vs. when you are old. I'm researching and asking around a bit more to see reviews but so far the response I have gotten is positive!

Thanks so much again!

It is an obvious thing, that according to age our skin differs. So we have to take care of it more and more. So may be there are so many things are available in the market, like Chemical peels, Skin bleaching products or Retin A etc. But before you are going use any of those, you must take an advice of a dermatologist.

Thanks for your posts! I have just visited this site: (link removed per Terms of Service)

I found many useful products here and just bought some.

I'm always willing to try something new, so if you use anything you like, let me know! I want to ease into anti-aging products now and gradually incorporate more as I get older :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks so much for the link - I will definitely check it out! I'm trying to collect all the information I possibly can about this age-specific skin care concept, so I'm hopping around, looking at all major brands. I have seen some reviews on the Bona Clara cleanser that have really piqued my interest like this one (I love her blog and I love Anthropologie!): http://soanthro.com/2013/01/03/love-your-skin-at-any-age/

Does anyone else have any other products to recommend? I'm always trying new skin care products!

Back