Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...


Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Home made tendskin recipe


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 24 OFFLINE   Haloinrverse

Haloinrverse

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 17-June 04
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

i dont know about you guys, but i think tendskin is outrageously expensive for whats in it, and i dont have a sephora anywhere near me. this recipe is super cheap, and it *works.* solution 1: 18 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed 5 oz. rubbing alcohol combine. solution 2: 8 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed 2.5 oz. witch hazel combine. combine the two solutions. the aspirin will settle a bit, so shake it before use. apply to the bikini area to prevent ingrowns. it can also be used to spot treat blemishes. (aspirin is acetic and salicylic acids.) another trick that works wonders for the bikini line to prevent ingrowns is unscented roll on deodorant.

#Post 2 of 24 OFFLINE   Hlmjmerk

Hlmjmerk

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 07-April 04
Reviews

Posted 30 June 2004 - 10:07 AM

That is so awesome!!! Thanks I can't wait to try that. I thought that was kind of expensive too. I love saving money!! (who doesn't right!!!)

#Post 3 of 24 OFFLINE   Haloinrverse

Haloinrverse

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Joined 17-June 04
Reviews

Posted 08 July 2004 - 03:19 PM

yes, it does stink! its even stinkier than tendskin. i wish theyd fragrance it, but i suppose it wouldnt be good to rub into freshly shaven skin if it was fragranced. ive thought about adding a few drops of essential oil, but the possibility of irritation holds me back. i doubt it would do much to cover the smell, and with my luck, it would make a new extra special stinkier smell.

#Post 4 of 24 OFFLINE   lglala84

lglala84

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse
i dont know about you guys, but i think tendskin is outrageously expensive for whats in it, and i dont have a sephora anywhere near me. this recipe is super cheap, and it *works.* solution 1: 18 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed 5 oz. rubbing alcohol combine. solution 2: 8 tablets uncoated aspirin, crushed 2.5 oz. witch hazel combine. combine the two solutions. the aspirin will settle a bit, so shake it before use. apply to the bikini area to prevent ingrowns. it can also be used to spot treat blemishes. (aspirin is acetic and salicylic acids.) another trick that works wonders for the bikini line to prevent ingrowns is unscented roll on deodorant.
Where do you find out about his recipe?
Hey I made a myspace account! Check it out and add me as a friend!!
Love,
Lala
http://www.myspace.com/lglala

#Post 5 of 24 OFFLINE   lglala84

lglala84

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • Joined 09-January 06
Reviews

Posted 18 March 2006 - 08:54 PM

How long does this take to workout?
Hey I made a myspace account! Check it out and add me as a friend!!
Love,
Lala
http://www.myspace.com/lglala

#Post 6 of 24 OFFLINE   LookLovely429

LookLovely429

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 18-July 08
Reviews

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

I am definitely going to give this solution a try. I have been trying to find the tend skin product and it is none of the Sephora's near me. I have found a few places online for cheap but then with taxes and shipping it is ridiculously expensive, all of this for 4 oz. CRAZY!!!!
It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart."

#Post 7 of 24 OFFLINE   azsmylie13

azsmylie13

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 27-August 08
Reviews

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:38 PM

I have been using this recipes for years now, after finding the recipe online. THANK YOU for posting this online! It has helped tremendoulsy to clear up my Hubby's adult acne! I use this recipe routinely use after I shower, wash my face, shave, tweeze, EVERYTHING!! My 13 yr old son (who's half white, 25% Spanish & 25% Navajo ) uses this as his toner, and has very few break outs. The only draw back we have noticed is that the solution tends to dry out our finger tips so we just use a little bit of Vaseoline prior to applying and everything's good. =)

#Post 8 of 24 OFFLINE   tanyam314

tanyam314

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11
Reviews

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

Awesome.  Was just composing an entry for my Cheap and Cheerful Beauty Blog with this recipe and googled to confirm ingredients and stumbled on your entry.  DIY is awesome.  Plus I think money we save on overpriced beauty products can be better spent on other things, like pretty dresses...or bathingsuits :)  Anyway, Here's my blog info if you'd like to check it out.  I'm going to be posting my homemade version of Cellex-C (it really works and costs pennies) today so hope to see you there! :)  http://tanya314.wordpress.com/

 

Yours in beauty that doesn't cost a small fortune,

Tanya



#Post 9 of 24 OFFLINE   Hikiki

Hikiki

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:17 AM

After researching how skin responds to mint, I make ours with mint alcohol.

 

Apparently, mint doesn't harm skin and potentially has some benefits. I mostly make this for my husbands sensitive skin. His facial hair, especially his neck, grows in different directions so he can't manage to shave with the grain, which means he couldn't get away from bumps.

 

Anyway, it works really well for him and the mint keeps it from stinking too badly. I keep thinking I should buy regular alcohol and mint essential oils but this way the mint stays blended better, and I don't have to buy an additional ingredient. 



#Post 10 of 24 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:41 PM


Mint alcohol? do you make it by sitting mint leaves in alcohol?  What kind of alcohol? rubbing (isopropyl) or vodka (ethyl)??

Originally Posted by Hikiki View Post

After researching how skin responds to mint, I make ours with mint alcohol.

 

Apparently, mint doesn't harm skin and potentially has some benefits. I mostly make this for my husbands sensitive skin. His facial hair, especially his neck, grows in different directions so he can't manage to shave with the grain, which means he couldn't get away from bumps.

 

Anyway, it works really well for him and the mint keeps it from stinking too badly. I keep thinking I should buy regular alcohol and mint essential oils but this way the mint stays blended better, and I don't have to buy an additional ingredient. 



 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 11 of 24 OFFLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

    Queen of the Vampire Cats

  • Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,539 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews
  • Location:USA

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:45 PM



Originally Posted by divadoll View Post


Mint alcohol? do you make it by sitting mint leaves in alcohol?  What kind of alcohol? rubbing (isopropyl) or vodka (ethyl)??


Seeing that makes me think of a Mint Russki?


Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram


Ginger, Smokey & Company


#Post 12 of 24 OFFLINE   Hikiki

Hikiki

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:27 AM

Its mentholated isopropyl alcohol and can usually be found where you get regular rubbing alcohol. Its the creepy green liquid next to the regular kind. Obviously, they dye the liquid so if that bothers you, then you should go with the regular stuff. It doesn't effect the face.

 

It maybe called mint alcohol or wintergreen alcohol or something along those lines depending on who makes it. 

 

If you are using it for your bikini area, you may want to use the regular stuff as well unless you are very careful about placement. Menthol in some of those areas can be a bit unpleasant. 



#Post 13 of 24 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10
Reviews

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:44 PM


I've neither heard nor see that before...

 

I have menthol crystals and isopropyl... maybe i can just make it.

Originally Posted by Hikiki View Post

Its mentholated isopropyl alcohol and can usually be found where you get regular rubbing alcohol. Its the creepy green liquid next to the regular kind. Obviously, they dye the liquid so if that bothers you, then you should go with the regular stuff. It doesn't effect the face.

 

It maybe called mint alcohol or wintergreen alcohol or something along those lines depending on who makes it. 

 

If you are using it for your bikini area, you may want to use the regular stuff as well unless you are very careful about placement. Menthol in some of those areas can be a bit unpleasant. 



 


An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 14 of 24 OFFLINE   Hikiki

Hikiki

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Reviews

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

Here's a google image search for wintergreen alcohol. My bottle says mint alcohol, but I think wintergreen is more common.

 

http://www.google.co...yCpHBtgfu4sy-BQ



#Post 15 of 24 OFFLINE   cinderella123

cinderella123

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Reviews

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:57 AM

Hi all,

 

I would like to make a homemade facial cream, but my skin is very very driy. I have found a recipe:

 

Dry skin body lotion recipe

2 tbsp Castor oil;
1 tbsp cod liver oil;
1 cup of mineral oil;
4 tbsp of lecithin

 

Mix all these in a blender. Then take 2 tbsp of gelatin and soak in 1/2 cup of cold water for some time.

After this, place the gelatin in 1/2 cup of boiling water. After some time, strain the gelatin and add to the blender. Blend to make fine lotion.

 

My big question is, how to store that, because I don't want to thicken it. So I found that http://www.allinpack..._id=30327&sl=EN They are Hungarians, but I can't find another company, who retailing these kind of bottles. (well in Poland) Please help me girls! Thanks :)

 



#Post 16 of 24 OFFLINE   CrissyFuca

CrissyFuca

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-August 12
Reviews

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I really love this recipe and use it after every bikini shave.

You can however save yourself the time and effort of crushing the aspirin.  

Add the aspirin to an airtight container [a baby food jar works great] add the liquid then repeat the process for the other solution.

Let them set 30 minutes and the aspirin will have dissolved, give them a couple of quick shakes and combine them into a clean airtight container.

 

Enjoy



#Post 17 of 24 OFFLINE   Beutiful

Beutiful

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-August 12
Reviews

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Hey..I just have a quick question...After applying this solution do u rinse it out or just kinda let it sit? And can u use it on ur legs if u already have ingrown hair?



#Post 18 of 24 OFFLINE   CrissyFuca

CrissyFuca

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-August 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Beutiful,

If you are talking about the astringent solution, I just let it evaporate which happens quite quickly and yes, I do use it on my legs as well.



#Post 19 of 24 OFFLINE   nhbyk

nhbyk

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-October 12
Reviews

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

please what is witch hazel ? is it oil or alcohool ?



#Post 20 of 24 OFFLINE   nhbyk

nhbyk

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-October 12
Reviews

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

what is witch hazel ? oil ? or alcohol ?