-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Male here, need advice on lip makeup!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   Pharlap

Pharlap

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Reviews

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hi all, I'm a male and I used to have naturally red lips. About 2 years ago, I got sick and my natural lip color went from bright red to a darkish brown. I've been to doctors and dermatologists and I'm fine and they can't find anything that can fix the lip color.

As a result, I'm in need of something to lighten my lip color, preferable to a nice red color if possible, but it has to look natural. My current lips look so off and weird compared to my skin tone.

The suggestions I've received so far are:

Laura Mercier hydra tint balm (natural red color)

Benefit Benetint

I'm really in need of something that's natural since I'm a guy.

Any help is really appreciated.

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post

Hi all, I'm a male and I used to have naturally red lips. About 2 years ago, I got sick and my natural lip color went from bright red to a darkish brown. I've been to doctors and dermatologists and I'm fine and they can't find anything that can fix the lip color.

As a result, I'm in need of something to lighten my lip color, preferable to a nice red color if possible, but it has to look natural. My current lips look so off and weird compared to my skin tone.

The suggestions I've received so far are:

Laura Mercier hydra tint balm (natural red color)

Benefit Benetint

I'm really in need of something that's natural since I'm a guy.

Any help is really appreciated.

sugar rose lip treatment? it gives my lips a nice reddish pink glow

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   Pharlap

Pharlap

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Reviews

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

sugar rose lip treatment? it gives my lips a nice reddish pink glow

Natural oil + sugar, then natural honey on the lip treatment at night? If so, that didn't work either :

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   Turboweevel

Turboweevel

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Joined 24-July 09
Reviews

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Have you considered a stain? They are long lasting but very transparent colors so they look very natural. Just apply some balm on top to add a bit of a healthy shine and you're good. Lots of drugstore brands have stains so you can give one a shot. My favorite brand for stains is Liptini, which I can get at Duane Reade in NYC, but you can also try online. The Balm's Stainiac is pretty good also. I heard good things about the Revlon stains but I've never used them so I can't tell you much about that.

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   Pharlap

Pharlap

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 31-December 12
Reviews

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Turboweevel View Post

Have you considered a stain? They are long lasting but very transparent colors so they look very natural. Just apply some balm on top to add a bit of a healthy shine and you're good. Lots of drugstore brands have stains so you can give one a shot. My favorite brand for stains is Liptini, which I can get at Duane Reade in NYC, but you can also try online. The Balm's Stainiac is pretty good also. I heard good things about the Revlon stains but I've never used them so I can't tell you much about that.

Thanks for your reply! My first inclination was towards lip stain actually, but somebody told me lipstain is unnatural and makes you look like a clown, so I shyed away from it. However, I think I will give it a try now! Any colors you would recommend? There seems to be more than just "red"

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Natural oil + sugar, then natural honey on the lip treatment at night? If so, that didn't work either :

No, its an actual product. from fresh http://www.sephora.c...2?skuId=1190529

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   skin care

skin care

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 28-November 12
Reviews

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yes, I am agree with you.