-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Nail polish for brides

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 12 OFFLINE   mapADORE

mapADORE

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-March 13
Reviews

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

What color are brides-to-be wearing on their wedding day?  The classic french manicure or color?

#Post 2 of 12 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Reviews

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by mapADORE View Post

What color are brides-to-be wearing on their wedding day?  The classic french manicure or color?

likely nudes or soft pink shades

• mapADORE likes this

#Post 3 of 12 OFFLINE   chrysalis101

chrysalis101

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 25-September 12
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

I had a french tip, but that was...holy cow...that was nearly 8 years ago...time flies when you're married to a wonderful man!

My best friend is getting married this summer. As her matron of honor and a polish-holic, I'm in charge of everyone's nails for the day. I'm thinking of doing classic french tips, but the ring finger being an accent nail. I'm torn between a french tip (as the others) accented with rhinestones across or having the base of that nail the same as what the rest of us will have (a periwinkle, to match our dresses) with a french tip. I like the idea of bringing just a touch of color into it.

For the rest of us, I thought I'd go with a periwinkle base and then let each of us choose from my stamps stash in either silver or white. So we're each the same but we each put our own personalities into it too.

• mapADORE likes this

#Post 4 of 12 OFFLINE   annabeautybox

annabeautybox

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

I am planning to wear classic french with a twist, I've seen a picture with laced pattern combined with a french manicure, it looked awesome!

My beauty website, I update it daily! www.annabeautybox.com

My YouTube channel

Instagram

#Post 5 of 12 OFFLINE   mapADORE

mapADORE

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-March 13
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Chrysalis your ideas sound so fun and fresh.  I'm sure its going to be a hit!  Post a picture if you can after the big day.  I would love to see what you all go with!

#Post 6 of 12 OFFLINE   mapADORE

mapADORE

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 10-March 13
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Annabeautybox,

I love the lace patten on the nails!  Would you do the french with the lace on all the nails or just the ring finger?

#Post 7 of 12 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by chrysalis101 View Post

I had a french tip, but that was...holy cow...that was nearly 8 years ago...time flies when you're married to a wonderful man!

My best friend is getting married this summer. As her matron of honor and a polish-holic, I'm in charge of everyone's nails for the day. I'm thinking of doing classic french tips, but the ring finger being an accent nail. I'm torn between a french tip (as the others) accented with rhinestones across or having the base of that nail the same as what the rest of us will have (a periwinkle, to match our dresses) with a french tip. I like the idea of bringing just a touch of color into it.

For the rest of us, I thought I'd go with a periwinkle base and then let each of us choose from my stamps stash in either silver or white. So we're each the same but we each put our own personalities into it too.

Great ideas as mapADORE said, please post pics, if you can :) 

#Post 8 of 12 OFFLINE   FunAtTheCircus

FunAtTheCircus

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Joined 12-February 13
Reviews

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I wanted to wear OPI's sweetheart, but quick off-topic bridezilla moment story.. So my husband broke his toe at his bachelor party.. I'll leave it up to your imagination how that happened  .. and I was so mad. So I spent the afternoon before my wedding with my MOH driving around complaining.. and 15 minutes before the rehearsal dinner ran into a nail shop and had them do a manicure. It was a light/bright pink. It looked alright. I kind of wish I had, had a nice manicure though because there were pictures of my hands for our album (of the rings and what not). 

http://www.makeuptal...trade-sale-list

Visit my trade list, I love trading and doing swaps.

#Post 9 of 12 OFFLINE   chrysalis101

chrysalis101

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Joined 25-September 12
Reviews

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

I love the lace patten on the nails!  Would you do the french with the lace on all the nails or just the ring finger?

I had thought about doing a lace accent nail. Using white lace over the colored base. But I did a test run and it's a good thing I did. It was one hot mess. I was really disappointed too. I had done one earlier with black lace and it looked great and pretty sexy. But the white lace just turned a kind of clear/translucent.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make it work right? It'd be fun to make 'em a little sexy on the wedding day, yeah?

#Post 10 of 12 OFFLINE   annabeautybox

annabeautybox

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13
Reviews

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Annabeautybox,

personally I would opt for the ring finger only :) but I prefer subtlety :) it depends a lot on the dress, too :)

My beauty website, I update it daily! www.annabeautybox.com

My YouTube channel

Instagram

#Post 11 of 12 OFFLINE   Wilburn Adam

Wilburn Adam

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 11-August 10
Reviews

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Some really enjoy the conservative French manicure with nothing else while other really like to go for a bolder look. Some nice ideas include a basic French manicure with mini pearl or diamond accents.

#Post 12 of 12 OFFLINE   Wilburn Adam

Wilburn Adam

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 11-August 10
Reviews

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Some women really enjoy the conservative French manicure with nothing else while other women really like to go for a bolder look. Some nice ideas include a basic French manicure with mini pearl or diamond accents.