Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors

Photo

GlossyBox - May 2013

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#1 NikNik455

NikNik455

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Anyone have any spoilers for the May box? Only a few days til the month begins!

#2 Soxi

Soxi

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

I can't figure out how to add a picture spoiler from my phone, but they just posted a spoiler on their Facebook page if anyone wants to grab it and add it under a spoiler.

#3 MaiteS

MaiteS

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

first spoiler! i still haven't gotten my april box but whatev's!

from FB: 

We're ready to let you in on a secret! Our May Boxes just may include a special product from Make MY Yours!

#4 unicorn

unicorn

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Oh man, that stuff will be just in time for the yearly emergence of my summer humidity-induced greasefest t-zone.

The Sugar Unicorn // Beauty Blog // Twitter

#5 MaiteS

MaiteS

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by unicorn View Post

Oh man, that stuff will be just in time for the yearly emergence of my summer humidity-induced greasefest t-zone.

girl agreed! ive been pulling out the blotting sheets more than ever LOL. 

#6 saidfreeze

saidfreeze

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:24 PM

Anything mattifying will make me a happy girl in any of my boxes this month!

#7 CheshireCookie

CheshireCookie

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

<---- This girl needs May thread updates The first sneak peek looks very interesting!

#8 rachel2010

rachel2010

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

So far I like. I'm also getting the oily shiny face. Mattifying is good!

#9 Dayo Steph

Dayo Steph

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think I received the same product from Birchbox a while ago. If I recall it worked ok but didn't wow me.

#10 pride

pride

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Man...I have enough dots for a free box but that first spoiler does NOT excite me. But I'm also wondering if May might be amazing since it's the anniversary month....

#11 lovepink

lovepink
  • LocationSunny SoCal

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

I got this in my January or Februay Birchbox.  It is still sitting unused in my beauty stash.  Hopefully they are making this box a good one since it is the 1 year anniversary of GB USA.  I think after May I may have to break up with GB for a while.  For $21 a month I am not wowed or as amused as I am with BB and Ipsy at half the cost.

#12 page5

page5

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Here's a little more info on that spoiler product.

Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer

Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer

This lightweight, multi-tasking moisturizer instantly hydrates while delivering a flawless, matte finish. It provides optimal and long-lasting hydration, softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles, imparts a lit-from-within glow, and performs superbly under makeup.  

#13 Auntboo

Auntboo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, I still have that item on my swap list from when Birchbox sent it to me. My skin is too old and dry to want to try it. I am hoping the May box will be a good one since it is the anniversary but i think Glossybox and I will be parting ways after that. It has been several months since I received anything that wowed me even a little.

#14 FormosaHoney

FormosaHoney

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Auntboo View Post

Yeah, I still have that item on my swap list from when Birchbox sent it to me. My skin is too old and dry to want to try it. I am hoping the May box will be a good one since it is the anniversary but i think Glossybox and I will be parting ways after that. It has been several months since I received anything that wowed me even a little.

Mine too.  To me, it's almost a pointless product.  Anything I use in the day time has some SPF, 15 at minimal.   When I sleep I don't care if my face looks a little shiny.  

A mattifying product with SPF and some coverage would be aaaahh-mazing!! 

I might mix it with some BB or CC cream to see if it might take the need away to powder my face when the temps hit 90!!

#15 peggytalkpretty

peggytalkpretty

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey girls I think a mattifying gel would be awesome for summer if it works, does anyone know any coupon codes for may?

#16 page5

page5

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

Hey girls I think a mattifying gel would be awesome for summer if it works, does anyone know any coupon codes for may?

I don't think it is a mattifying product. If I'm reading the product description correctly, it is a moisturizer with a matte finish.

#17 peggytalkpretty

peggytalkpretty

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

I don't think it is a mattifying product. If I'm reading the product description correctly, it is a moisturizer with a matte finish.

Lol I just went back a read the description I think your right. Thanks girl

#18 JC327

JC327

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Sounds like it would be something interesting to try.

#19 CheshireCookie

CheshireCookie

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

Sounds like it would be something interesting to try.

#20 rachel2010

rachel2010

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I always need moisture but not the shiny look. I look forward to trying it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users