-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Advertise with MakeupTalk

Photo

Ipsy and Benefit LashBash

• Please log in to reply
327 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 328 OFFLINE   jessilng

jessilng

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 30-April 13
Reviews

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

Did you apply for the Ipsy and Benefit LashBash party? Which Stage did you enter at? Have you heard if you will get a kit? What are you doing at your party? 

#Post 2 of 328 OFFLINE   jayeme

jayeme

"There's no substitute for glitter!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Joined 03-July 13
Reviews

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jessilng View Post

Did you apply for the Ipsy and Benefit LashBash party? Which Stage did you enter at? Have you heard if you will get a kit? What are you doing at your party? 

The website says they will announce who gets a kit on the 27th :)

#Post 3 of 328 ONLINE   KellyKaye

KellyKaye

Valar Morghulis

• Super Moderators
  • 2,706 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
Reviews

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

I really hope that I get chosen to host a party. I was checking out some other picture entries on Instagram that had absolutely nothing to do with benefit, ipsy or eyelashes at all. So I really hope that they actually go through the entries and don't just choose winners at random(though they probably won't worth the amount of entries). It makes me upset when people go to such hard work to make a good entry but aren't chosen because there is an influx of nonsensical entries.

#Post 4 of 328 OFFLINE   jessilng

jessilng

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined 30-April 13
Reviews

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post

I really hope that I get chosen to host a party. I was checking out some other picture entries on Instagram that had absolutely nothing to do with benefit, ipsy or eyelashes at all. So I really hope that they actually go through the entries and don't just choose winners at random(though they probably won't worth the amount of entries). It makes me upset when people go to such hard work to make a good entry but aren't chosen because there is an influx of nonsensical entries.

From the Terms & conditions of the contest:

4. JUDGING: The following factors will be used to judge each entry by Sponsors’ representatives:
1st Round: 20% originality, 50% enthusiasm, 10% creativity, and 20% previous and current interaction with the ipsy brand (“First Round Judging Criteria”). Judging will begin on August 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM PT. Sponsors’ representatives will score each First Round Entry based on the First Round Judging Criteria. The nine hundred eighty (980) entries that receive the highest scores will win. Entrants are subject to verification that they are qualified participants as defined by these rules. 

I am not entirely sure what enthusiasm means in this case, but it would appear that they are doing more than a random selection of the photos.

#Post 5 of 328 OFFLINE   Totem

Totem

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

Interaction with the Ipsy brand? My fingers are crossed. Looks like the majority of entrants posted selfies of themselves. The girl that did the pink Ipsy/Benefit themed nails will probably be picked. I just took a pic of my Benefit collection surrounded by streamers, candy, balloons, and a lit champagne candle. We'll see......... Good luck!

#Post 6 of 328 OFFLINE   diana16

diana16

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Good luck to all of you! I really hope they dont pick randomly cause I know some ladies are actually trying their best to win! I hope one of us MUT ladies win so we can see pictures!

#Post 7 of 328 ONLINE   KellyKaye

KellyKaye

Valar Morghulis

• Super Moderators
  • 2,706 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I also took a picture of all of my benefit goodies with the background made out of a few of their makeup bags and I made a pretty catchy little saying. "I love Benefit with all of my heart, I've got blushes and stains, lipgloss galore, foundation, primer, gimme some more because I'll be the most fabulous host for sure."

#Post 8 of 328 OFFLINE   LindaD

LindaD

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 13-May 13
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by KellyKaye View Post

I also took a picture of all of my benefit goodies with the background made out of a few of their makeup bags and I made a pretty catchy little saying. "I love Benefit with all of my heart, I've got blushes and stains, lipgloss galore, foundation, primer, gimme some more because I'll be the most fabulous host for sure."

Haha, that is great! I hope you get picked, since you definitely put thought into it.

#Post 9 of 328 OFFLINE   gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic

Grace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:42 PM

I was lazy and pulled the "i know a ton of celebrities who like makeup" card. but it's not really creative or original, so whomp whomp. I tried to position it that I wanted to host an instagram party and give the samples away on my instagram page :P so I guess thats a wee bit original :P

Untitled-4.png

#Post 10 of 328 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

I just got an email that I was picked to host a party! Totally not expecting that, I'm so excited :)

#Post 11 of 328 ONLINE   KellyKaye

KellyKaye

Valar Morghulis

• Super Moderators
  • 2,706 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

Call me bitter but I wasn't chosen, I saw a bunch of girls on Instagram saying that they won and most of their entry pictures are just selfies. Not very original, enthusiastic or creative to me... Oh well. This is why I never enter contests.

#Post 12 of 328 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

http://www.makeuptal.../200/height/400

#Post 13 of 328 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

Sorry I am on my phone and couldn't get a full screen grab.

#Post 14 of 328 OFFLINE   RiRi38

RiRi38

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 07-May 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

I was selected to host a party too! OMG! I'm so excited! 

#Post 15 of 328 OFFLINE   pghmom1292

pghmom1292

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined 04-April 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

I was selected as well! So excited. I basically told them my life, that I'm a stay at home mom as are most of my friends and if they're not stay at home moms they work, go to school and parent and I'd like to throw a party for us all to relax. Our kids can play together and we can all play with makeup and have a good time. I guess they liked it cause I'm in!!!! I'm so happy I never win anything!

#Post 16 of 328 OFFLINE   sbeam36

sbeam36

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Joined 09-March 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

I didn't get selected...boo! Happy for everyone who did and excited to see what ya get in your party kits!!!

#Post 17 of 328 OFFLINE   OnlyAverageMom

OnlyAverageMom

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Joined 07-February 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

I was selected too! Super excited and yet sad for anyone who was not selected. Can't wait to see whats coming!

#Post 18 of 328 OFFLINE   FormosaHoney

FormosaHoney

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Joined 21-May 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by RiRi38 View Post

I was selected to host a party too! OMG! I'm so excited! 

Holy Batgirl, me too!!  Right here in Gothem City (NYC).

Like Katie Danielle it was totally unexpected!!  I might have a scheduling conflict for Sept 21st and be in the middle of a training program in DC...  I will figure out another day to have the party or another way to have it on the 21st.

Somehow at least 9 gals will be introduced to REAL lashes!!  I'm going to have to break out my private stock of REAL mascara today and wear it in celebration!  "Beauty keep!  A round of mascaras for everyone!!" 

#Post 19 of 328 OFFLINE   pghmom1292

pghmom1292

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined 04-April 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

Holy Batgirl, me too!!  Right here in Gothem City (NYC).

Like Katie Danielle it was totally unexpected!!  I might have a scheduling conflict for Sept 21st and be in the middle of a training program in DC...  I will figure out another day to have the party or another way to have it on the 21st.

Somehow at least 9 gals will be introduced to REAL lashes!!  I'm going to have to break out my private stock of REAL mascara today and wear it in celebration!  "Beauty keep!  A round of mascaras for everyone!!" 

Haha, as you can probably tell by my name, I live in pittsburgh, pa. The most recent batman movie was filmed here, it was awesome to see. Just had to throw that out there since you referenced batman :P

#Post 20 of 328 OFFLINE   MahinaM

MahinaM

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 14-August 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I am so surprised I was picked :D With my location, I'm usually the last to win anything but I got this <3 I don't use instagram, and just put a sentence for the entry but I guess they liked it. Whoever else won can you guys post when your kits get sent out? They said they should send us another email when it does not sure if that includes tracking info. Congrats to the rest of you who did as well!!