-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Julep October 2013 (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1042 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 1043 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

What are your hopes and dreams for October? 

I'd love to see some dark green-greys, maybe with shimmer. Some autumn-y duochromes!

#Post 2 of 1043 OFFLINE   meaganola

meaganola

Titania, Queen of the Midsummer Swap Fairies

• Super Moderators
  • 6,907 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:25 AM

Halloweeny microglitterbomb! Think America the Beautiful in black/gunmetal/silver with, like, black cats/bats and silver skulls.
Swappity! Midsummer Night's Dreamlist Summerswap

Need a Midsummer Night's Dream Swap Fairy? Check out The Master List!

#Post 3 of 1043 OFFLINE   hdmom

hdmom

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 22-July 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

Definitely want more green!

#Post 4 of 1043 OFFLINE   chelsealady

chelsealady

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • Joined 10-August 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmom View Post

I second this one.   I am still looking for my perfect green.  I want a deep emerald green with no glitter with a metallic sheen to it.

#Post 5 of 1043 OFFLINE   jrenee

jrenee

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 09-June 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

What are your hopes and dreams for October? 

I'd love to see some dark green-greys, maybe with shimmer. Some autumn-y duochromes!

It's not even a week into September and you had to start an October thread!  :icon_lol:

#Post 6 of 1043 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenee View Post

It's not even a week into September and you had to start an October thread!  :icon_lol:

...But Julep isn't like Birchbox or Ipsy. The window for picking the next box opens in two weeks exactly O_o I don't think that's jumping the gun. The BB Sept thread was active way before 2 weeks the 10th reveal.

#Post 7 of 1043 OFFLINE   angismith

angismith

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Joined 19-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I want metallic green ... a dupe for Chanel's Alchimie ... I think I have posted about it enough for you to all know this is my dream color! And JinSoon's Epidote. Other colors ... I NEED a medium to dark basic purple ... I like to match my nail colors to some of my clothes and it seems I have a lot of fall purple colors and didn't realize it. I love the idea of a glitterbomb for Halloween, but haven't noticed Julep jumping on that wagon except for patriotic shades. A deep rust glitter that I thought Tatiana was going to be. . but is not...

#Post 8 of 1043 OFFLINE   LuckyMoon

LuckyMoon

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmom View Post

Trade List updated 8/15:

http://www.makeuptal...ons-trade-list/

#Post 9 of 1043 OFFLINE   jrenee

jrenee

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 09-June 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrenee View Post

...But Julep isn't like Birchbox or Ipsy. The window for picking the next box opens in two weeks exactly O_o I don't think that's jumping the gun. The BB Sept thread was active way before 2 weeks the 10th reveal.

That's true.  But mentally, I'm still in August and have yet to start thinking about September (even though I got my Julep box) and also October!

... that being said, I do agree that I look forward to dark greens and shimmers!  :smilehappyyes:

#Post 10 of 1043 OFFLINE   lulubelle107

lulubelle107

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • Joined 13-June 12
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

I remember last October being the crackles.  I had just started subscribing and skipped that month.  Seems like that was also the first time Julep offered an alternative box, kind of along the lines of the Maven's choice box.  I'm also remembering some cool jewelry.  Hopefully my mind is not must making this all up :).

For this October, I'd like a black glitter or complex shimmer of some sort.  A pumpkin orange textured polish, perhaps.  A rust jelly polish that is not sheer like the Rock Candy polishes, something with bold color but translucent.

#Post 11 of 1043 OFFLINE   avonleabelle

avonleabelle

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Joined 01-March 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Halloweeny microglitterbomb! Think America the Beautiful in black/gunmetal/silver with, like, black cats/bats and silver skulls.

I would love this! Julep, please make this!

#Post 12 of 1043 OFFLINE   Lolo22

Lolo22

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

I like the sounds of a shaped festive glitter! Anything except spiders!! I would actually love a leaf shaped glitter bomb too. Dark colors sounds good too, maybe with a few sheers with colored shimmers in them to round out the collection? I would also LOVE if we got jewelry for the extra. IMO they owe us an awesome extra this month since the last few were mega snooze-fests! I know it's an extra and all but the extras used to be what made me so excited about the boxes.
  • shy32 likes this

#Post 13 of 1043 OFFLINE   jessicalriley

jessicalriley

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Joined 13-May 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I want metallic green ... a dupe for Chanel's Alchimie ... I think I have posted about it enough for you to all know this is my dream color! And JinSoon's Epidote. Other colors ... I NEED a medium to dark basic purple ... I like to match my nail colors to some of my clothes and it seems I have a lot of fall purple colors and didn't realize it. I love the idea of a glitterbomb for Halloween, but haven't noticed Julep jumping on that wagon except for patriotic shades. A deep rust glitter that I thought Tatiana was going to be. . but is not...

I HAVE to tell you: I got my Jin Soon today & love it! The formula was amazing. If you are looking for an extra special treat for yourself (or to put on your holiday wish list) I would HIGHLY recommend Jin Soon. As for October wish list- I really don't know what I want! I've had a huge influx of fall colors, so I'll just check out what they offer!

#Post 14 of 1043 OFFLINE   luckyme502

luckyme502

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I'm hoping for a burnt orange, a fall or Halloween glitter bomb would be nice, and I would like a reddy brown.

#Post 15 of 1043 OFFLINE   Kyuu

Kyuu

/人◕‿‿◕人\

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts
  • Joined 16-August 12
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme502 View Post

I'm hoping for a burnt orange, a fall or Halloween glitter bomb would be nice, and I would like a reddy brown.

I definitely think a burnt orange creme would be a good item to add to the collection, but what do you mean by red-y brown? Julep already has both Coco and Lucy for cremes, Caroline and Boris & Nicole for shimmers. did you mean lighter? Because there's Nan for cremes. I've had enough oxblood and burgundy tbh. :|

#Post 16 of 1043 OFFLINE   Alicia Loves

Alicia Loves

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 03-July 13
Reviews

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Maybe she meant a rust. A shimmer rust would be gorgeous!

#Post 17 of 1043 OFFLINE   angismith

angismith

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Joined 19-May 13
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post

I HAVE to tell you: I got my Jin Soon today & love it! The formula was amazing. If you are looking for an extra special treat for yourself (or to put on your holiday wish list) I would HIGHLY recommend Jin Soon.
As for October wish list- I really don't know what I want! I've had a huge influx of fall colors, so I'll just check out what they offer!

Jess, do you order JASPER?

#Post 18 of 1043 OFFLINE   angismith

angismith

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Joined 19-May 13
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Loves View Post

Maybe she meant a rust. A shimmer rust would be gorgeous!

WYes, it WOULD, Alicia!

#Post 19 of 1043 OFFLINE   luckyme502

luckyme502

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Quote:

I definitely think a burnt orange creme would be a good item to add to the collection, but what do you mean by red-y brown? Julep already has both Coco and Lucy for cremes, Caroline and Boris & Nicole for shimmers. did you mean lighter? Because there's Nan for cremes. I've had enough oxblood and burgundy tbh. :|

I mean lighter, a more khaki Nan maybe.  Nan is too red.  I don't want an oxblood or a burgundy.  I want a light brown, almost khaki, with red tones.  

#Post 20 of 1043 OFFLINE   Flowerfish

Flowerfish

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Joined 30-March 12
Reviews

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

I don't really wear many typical fall colors, so who knows if the October box will have anything for me. I'm still excited for it though and hoping for more neutrals (yawn, I know no one else is ;-))

Trade with me  :flowers:  Flowerfish's Trade List