what do you do to get rid of hair on your underarms? do you shave, wax or what?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laser Hair Removal. Best results for permanent removal of unwanted hair
wink.gif

I used to get laser hair removal done on my armpits. I went for a few months in high school and it definitely helped at the time but now I just shave and don't mind doing so. It didn't really hurt that much, no more than being splashed with grease while cooking...just multiple times in a row!

Laser Hair Removal. Best results for permanent removal of unwanted hair;)
Really Che? Doesn't it hurt.? :) I have heard that it hurts real bad. :) Would love to try it though. :)
Nope! Works well for me;) Many people think it is a painful process. But it is not like that. Just make sure you go to a reputable company who have a good reputation and have undertaken the correct training.You also need to keep a few things aftr the treatment. Keep away from the sun^_^

Nope! Works well for me;) Many people think it is a painful process. But it is not like that. Just make sure you go to a reputable company who have a good reputation and have undertaken the correct training.You also need to keep a few things aftr the treatment. Keep away from the sun^_^
is this possible to live away from sun :sunshine:  

I don't think so.. 

I just shave..  :wub:

I wax mine myself. I'm glad I started doing it, I also talked my best friend into doing it. So worth it! You don't have to worry about it for weeks!

I wax my legs and arm hair, but underarms...ouch! Or am I wrong and it's not that bad?? Every time I think about I cringe, but I thought the same about waxing my legs and it's awesome!

I wax my legs and arm hair, but underarms...ouch! Or am I wrong and it's not that bad?? Every time I think about I cringe, but I thought the same about waxing my legs and it's awesome!
Not gonna lie, the first time is the worst. I had girls learn how to on me when I was in school. Worst experience EVER. But if you know what you're doing and can build up the courage to pull it then you'll love it. I would also use a hard wax, it's a lot easier than having to deal with the strips. Maybe for your first time go somewhere and have it done. You also want to try to aviod waxing around the time of the month, your skin is more senstitive then, and will traumatize you! Lol.

I've had laser hair removal, but I discontinued treatment and never finished. I still have some hair left, not a lot, so I shave it. The laser didn't hurt on the underarms that much. Other places hurt a LOT!

I've recently started using the Philips Lumea IPL hair remover. I never thought I'd splash out that much on hair removal, but I think it's really worth it in the long run. I ended up spending so much money on waxing that I realised I'd make my money back in a year or so. Have you guys tried it before? Otherwise, I would say Veet sensitive wax for the underarms. Hurts but does the trick!

Daisy xxx

Okay, I am an extremely hairy lady when it comes to my underarms; it is stubbly and so dark that the hair shafts make my underarms dark! It's kind of ridiculous. Waxing is like, a two hour ordeal for me, but if I had the patience to grow my underarm hair out long enough I would do it on the regular.

Shaving is just more convenient. I don't want to grow my underarm hair out and deal with that itchy, stubbly mess. Especially during the summer!

Wish there was a way to wax without growing, I'd be on top of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I am an extremely hairy lady when it comes to my underarms; it is stubbly and so dark that the hair shafts make my underarms dark! It's kind of ridiculous. Waxing is like, a two hour ordeal for me, but if I had the patience to grow my underarm hair out long enough I would do it on the regular.

Shaving is just more convenient. I don't want to grow my underarm hair out and deal with that itchy, stubbly mess. Especially during the summer!

Wish there was a way to wax without growing, I'd be on top of that.
I do mine every other week. It doesn't need to be longer than half a grain of rice. I've done it for over a year and I'd say the amount has gone down over half. It's also very fine. But if it takes you two hours I could see not wanting to do it. You can try to exfoliate and it may help get a closer shave and help with the darkness.

I shave every night, it makes my skin soft, the only thing is, my under arms can be really dark for no reason at all.

Can anyone help with this please, it makes me feel dirty as. :’(

Thanks ladies, you rock. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back