Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
Korean Beauty is definitely becoming a hot topic, especially with the Memebox craze going on right now!

I thought I'd take it upon myself to start a thread (thanks to @Sheeeeeelby for the suggestion!) for discussions outside of the Memebox world that are Korean beauty related including:

-Sales, Deals, Coupon Codes etc

-New Korean Subscription Boxes

-New Websites/Favorite places to buy Korean products

-Korean/Asian Products/Brands in general

-Whatever else you can think of!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Korean BB creams that work well that don't have dimethicone, parabens, or mineral oil in them? Or are those ingredients integral to BB cream? My favorites so far for results and color are Skin79 Super Plush Beblesh Balm Triple Funtions Hot Pink and Missha M Perfect Cover #21. I'm not obsessive about avoiding those ingredients, but it would be nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was wondering if anyone knows of any Korean BB creams that work well that don't have dimethicone, parabens, or mineral oil in them? Or are those ingredients integral to BB cream? My favorites so far for results and color are Skin79 Super Plush Beblesh Balm Triple Funtions Hot Pink and Missha M Perfect Cover #21. I'm not obsessive about avoiding those ingredients, but it would be nice.
So I was just looking on Skin79's USA web site and their Snail Nutrition BB cream doesn't have parabens or mineral oil. I also didn't see any ingredients that I recognize as a silicone type. The Skin79 Purple one and the Green don't seem to have parabens or mineral oil, but all different kinds of dimethicone.

The Hot Pink doesn't seem to have mineral oil, but has the other two ingredients in spades.

I don't remember seeing Snail, Purple, or Green products before, so maybe the newer products have less of these type of ingredients. I'm thinking I may try the Snail Nutrition one from Skin79 in the smaller size after I get paid.

Yayyy thanks for starting the thread!

Hmmm many recent Korean BB creams are advertized as paraben and mineral oil free, I think the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Creams (both cotton fit and bright fit versions) fits these 2 criteria. But they probably contain dimethicone (IMO is very hard to avoid >.< Do let me know too if theres one without!)...

Does anyone know if those feet peeling booties are any good? I was looking yesterday and sometimes the English translations are dodgy I can figure out what they're trying to say! Any recommendations would be great too

Quote: Originally Posted by ellabella10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if those feet peeling booties are any good? I was looking yesterday and sometimes the English translations are dodgy I can figure out what they're trying to say! Any recommendations would be great too
The ones I tried in memebox were so. amazing. Like...there are no words to describe how much I love them. Although they weren't "peeling" booties like I've seen here and there on ebay. I live in New England and my feet after this harsh winter looked so, so bad. Super rough and dry. I used the booties I got from memebox and after only 20-30 minutes of wearing them, it feels like I went to a professional salon!

It's been over a week since I used them and my feet still look and feel super soft and smooth. I wish I could find the exact brand on another site but I haven't had any luck.

If anyone else finds them, please let me know! It will save me a LOT of money on pedicures all summer!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The ones I tried in memebox were so. amazing. Like...there are no words to describe how much I love them. Although they weren't "peeling" booties like I've seen here and there on ebay. I live in New England and my feet after this harsh winter looked so, so bad. Super rough and dry. I used the booties I got from memebox and after only 20-30 minutes of wearing them, it feels like I went to a professional salon!

It's been over a week since I used them and my feet still look and feel super soft and smooth. I wish I could find the exact brand on another site but I haven't had any luck.

If anyone else finds them, please let me know! It will save me a LOT of money on pedicures all summer!
I searched for those ones too and couldn't find them anywhere.  I live in Australia and its been really hot (being summer), and my husband badly burned he's feet while walking barefoot around our pool (dumb arse lol), and those booties that where in box 6 I think completely removed all the rough burned skin.

I have purchased the peeling TonyMoly ones to see what they are like.  When I received them in the 500 years to takes to come from Korea, I'll update on what they were like.  I also bought Etude House Choux #2 - I've never used, and really have no idea, but people seem to love it so for $9 USD I thought I'd give it a go.

Quote: Originally Posted by cheriii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yayyy thanks for starting the thread! Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm many recent Korean BB creams are advertized as paraben and mineral oil free, I think the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Creams (both cotton fit and bright fit versions) fits these 2 criteria. But they probably contain dimethicone (IMO is very hard to avoid >.< Do let me know too if theres one without!)...
Thank you. However, after doing further research (from both sides of the issues), I don't think that these ingredients (at least not in the forms that are used in cosmetics and applied topically) are harmful to everyone but rather to those who have a particular sensitivity to them. Since I don't, I should be okay. I was misinformed, so I'm glad that I didn't obsess about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by ellabella10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I Saw these yesterday and I was wondering If they actually worked. It says it takes 4 days for your feet to peel lol the peeling part looks so disgusting.

Im probably going to order them. 

http://beautynetkorea.com/product/Holika-Holika---Baby-Silky-Foot-One-Shot-Peeling/KRHOLIAA0000369/?main_cate_no=AO000000

I would like to try the peeling booties, sometime. That looks intriguing. My feet need that so bad! I just got my order for cocoon face scrubs from eBay. These were shipped from Thailand I bought 50 white and 50 golden cocoons. I figured I would try both kinds. I tried the golden ones tonight, I thought it was great. It did a wonderful job exfoliating my skin, I think the golden one was not very abrasive. I really liked it, thou it was odd using it, I had to cut slits on the side of one, to get it fit my finger. It clearly did it's job my skin, it was much smoother after using it. I will try the white cocoons soon as well. I have been taking it easy this week. No makeup or anything. Just trying to keep it simple. I've been a home body, trying to get rid of this awful head cold I got while on vacation last week for spring break. I have had equilibrium issues trying to deal with. On a plus note I'll be taking a trip to Birmingham this Friday for my daughters All state choir performance. And I'm going to stop by target and check out the Laniege setup and try and come home with a new item from that line. Maybe the sleeping mask. If I am lucky. It is sad they didn't offer the line in my town. Only two cities in Alabama, Birmingham & Tuscaloosa. Birmingham is the closest to me.

Quote: Originally Posted by CharstarWishes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to try the peeling booties, sometime.
That looks intriguing. My feet need that so bad!

I just got my order for cocoon face scrubs from eBay.
These were shipped from Thailand
I bought 50 white and 50 golden cocoons.
I figured I would try both kinds.
I tried the golden ones tonight, I thought it was great.
It did a wonderful job exfoliate my skin, I think the golden one was not very abrasive.
I really liked it it was odd using it , I had to cut slits on the side on one to get it fit my finger. It clearly did it's job my skin was much smoother after.
I try the white soon as well.

I have been taking it easy this week. No makeup or anything. Just trying to keep it simple. I've been a home body, trying to get rid of this awful head cold I got while on vacation last week for spring break. I have had equilibrium issues trying to deal with.

On a plus note I'll be taking a trip to Birmingham this Friday for my daughters All state choir performance.
And I'm going to stop by target and check out the Laniege setup and try and come home with a new item from that line. Maybe the sleeping mask. If I am lucky.
If sad they didn't offer the line in my town.
I'm wondering about those sleeping masks - can someone explain how they work?  I'm imaging falling asleep and waking up with my  hair stuck to my face on one side, and my pillow stuck to my face on the other!

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you. However, after doing further research (from both sides of the issues), I don't think that these ingredients (at least not in the forms that are used in cosmetics and applied topically) are harmful to everyone but rather to those who have a particular sensitivity to them. Since I don't, I should be okay. I was misinformed, so I'm glad that I didn't obsess about it.
I use the Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream and I love it.  I'm light/medium neutral skin tone, and don't have any issues with grey/white casting.  It does contain all those ingredients (except mineral oil I think) by the look, but I'm not sensitive so I don't care.

Yay - thanks for making the thread! Ever since I got my first Memebox, I've been obsessed with looking at Asian skincare & beauty. I want to try so many things! 

I'm currently browsing (and drooling) at things on beautynetkorea.  I'm dying to try some BB creams - I need something lighter for summer but still with decent coverage as I have acne scars I want to hide. I have a sample of Missha's #21 but I'm not sure about the color. And it made me SUPER shiny like my face looked wet. I put some anti-shine powder and it looked fine though. 

@MissJexie  I also want to try that cheese cream you girls keep talking about!! 

Quote: Originally Posted by CharstarWishes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like to try the peeling booties, sometime.
That looks intriguing. My feet need that so bad!

I just got my order for cocoon face scrubs from eBay.
These were shipped from Thailand
I bought 50 white and 50 golden cocoons.
I figured I would try both kinds.
I tried the golden ones tonight, I thought it was great.
It did a wonderful job exfoliating my skin, I think the golden one was not very abrasive.
I really liked it, thou it was odd using it, I had to cut slits on the side of one, to get it fit my finger.
It clearly did it's job my skin, it was much smoother after using it.
I will try the white cocoons soon as well.

I have been taking it easy this week. No makeup or anything. Just trying to keep it simple. I've been a home body, trying to get rid of this awful head cold I got while on vacation last week for spring break. I have had equilibrium issues trying to deal with.

On a plus note I'll be taking a trip to Birmingham this Friday for my daughters All state choir performance.
And I'm going to stop by target and check out the Laniege setup and try and come home with a new item from that line. Maybe the sleeping mask. If I am lucky. It is sad they didn't offer the line in my town. Only two cities in Alabama, Birmingham & Tuscaloosa. Birmingham is the closest to me.

Bah, I'm in Montgomery and have been meaning to get by Target to see if they have the Laniege line but I guess they don't. Hope they will soon!

Thanks @MissJexie for starting this thread!!

My Target actually has the Laneige set up surprisingly. And I live in a small town in Northern Michigan haha. I didn't get a good look at it though since  I was in a rush. I saw something for like $30 and was like nope! Next time, I'll check it out more!

I haven't seen the Laneige set up here either. Boo. It seems we always get new makeup/beauty things last.

Quote: Originally Posted by Staceyp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I Saw these yesterday and I was wondering If they actually worked. It says it takes 4 days for your feet to peel lol the peeling part looks so disgusting.

Im probably going to order them. 

http://beautynetkorea.com/product/Holika-Holika---Baby-Silky-Foot-One-Shot-Peeling/KRHOLIAA0000369/?main_cate_no=AO000000
I'm using them! It's day 2. Still nothing so far.

Also coincidently I bought it from beautynet's ebay shop. It's pretty cheap! 

My mum used tonymoly's before and it worked for her.

Latest posts

Back