hair extensions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
basically I'm having abit of trouble with hair extensions, I usually buy real ones but they don't seem to last that long, the hair strands seem to fall out a lot and go shorter in about a month or so, this month I've brought fake hair extensions and this time they have gone all Matty and looks horrible, what would you suggest? any stuff to keep them in good condition or is there any good hair extensions sites (not to expensive) thanks

Definitely go for real human hair extensions - they don't damage as easily and can actually be styled on occasion. My best advice would be to not touch your hair when you have extensions in, like don't twirl it or anything. And try not to use product like hairspray very often, as it will get all bunched up and gross. 

I always get mine at Sally's!

ok thank you, but how come loads of strands of hair fall out constantly when I have real hair extensions? is that normal or am I just treating them really bad ?

Quote: Originally Posted by PaaigePeacock /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ok thank you, but how come loads of strands of hair fall out constantly when I have real hair extensions? is that normal or am I just treating them really bad ?
It's normal for some strands to come out, but not a ton. I would try brushing them only very minimally and with a gentle brush, and of course not using many products.

I jumped on the bandwagon and just bought hair extensions from Bellami and they are awesome. They hardly shed at all and are incredibly comfortable. With that being said I really never had problems with the extensions from Sally's  and I have worn some sets of those for over six months. I'm assuming you are talking clip ins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to wear hair extensions! I use to buy my hair extensions from Asia (Way cheaper and Real human hair) I would buy 22" inches, those would last about 3-6 months. I would glue mine in but I ALWAYS used a protective bond first, I would use the Robert's Diamond, Black and clear. It drys hard on you're scalp so the glue will never touch you're hair or scalp . So if you are new to hair extensions, make SURE that you get 100% human hair (online for around 60-70$) for 100g? I think( Anything more than 100$ for 1 set of hair extensions is all profit to the seller, and a waste of you're money) it cover's you're head. 2: Make sure you always always use a protective bond from Robert's diamond, and than you can go ahead and glue them in after the protective bond is dried (you can use a hair dryer to dry it quicker) That's what I use to do, and I loved them! As for Sally's hair extensions, DON'T WASTE YOU'RE MONEY AT SALLY'S!!!! They are NOT 100% human Hair, they mix it with fake hair, wig hair,and are wayyyyy over priced!  I only use Sally's to buy the glue, nothing else. Do not buy hair extensions there!!

Ive been using hair extensions for 7 years on and off and know all the tricks of the trade!!

Last edited by a moderator:
When Extensions are attached too close to the scalp, it not only causes discomfort, but also creates stress on the root that consequently causes the hair to pull or break.If you choose to get hair extensions, it's important to have them applied by a professional with skill, extensive experience, and examples to prove it.

Back