-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Memebox Addiction Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 439 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:18 AM

@LuxxyLuxx impressive!!! 

#Post 22 of 439 OFFLINE   Saffyra

Saffyra

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 09-February 14
Reviews

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:43 PM

As Miss Jexie,

I'm pretty overwhelmed by so many products, I try something new everyday and by the end of the week, im not sure which products worked for me and which didn't.... All my friends have moved away out west, and we haven't kept in touch so its very limited to who I can gift items too. I already gifted my mother a handful of things, and that's it.

I just can't keep it organized lol.

@LuxxyLuxx  Start up an ebay account lady!  Sell that stuff for money!  Then you can buy more :D  No, I'm serious.  You should.  Do it.

So, I've been getting a lot of stuff and I am not kidding... I only have one face and its pretty small... So I've been putting it all over :D  My legs are practically ten years old they've had so much anti-aging goodness slather on :D

My elbows, heels and knees are perfectly exfoliated.

The lastest Sleeping Pack I got has moisturized my arms very nicely.  No red bumpy upper arms for me!  I mixed it with the Propolis Ampoule, too :D

Might as well use it for something so it doesn't sit in the drawer, right?!

• amorgb, ashleylind, LuxxyLuxx and 1 other like this

#Post 23 of 439 OFFLINE   Jane George

Jane George

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts
  • Joined 13-February 14
Reviews

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

I have to admit I am so addicted I only buy now if I can get a good discount. Although I am gaining such a huge stash I should stop buying.

• LuxxyLuxx likes this

I am also 'Tired mum' on youtube. Home of the wobbly video.

#Post 24 of 439 OFFLINE   veritazy

veritazy

honest ranter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

I have to admit I am so addicted I only buy now if I can get a good discount. Although I am gaining such a huge stash I should stop buying.

I share your sentiments. Memebox would be too darn smart if they add memepoints now...where we are weakest after a week of no-buys.  :laughno:  :laughno:  

• rachelshine likes this

| instagram | my blog |~Memebox Shipping Schedule + bonuses~| Memebox Contents list |

❤reviews on asian skincare and memeboxes (mostly)❤

#Post 25 of 439 OFFLINE   Jane George

Jane George

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts
  • Joined 13-February 14
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

I share your sentiments. Memebox would be too darn smart if they add memepoints now...where we are weakest after a week of no-buys.  :laughno:  :laughno:  

sadly i havent had a week of no buys but I know they may release points for the public holiday in Korea and waiting to see if correct.

I have never been like this with anything else although I buy ahead on my monthly boxes.

• Saffyra and veritazy like this

#Post 26 of 439 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

@LuxxyLuxx  Start up an ebay account lady!  Sell that stuff for money!  Then you can buy more :D  No, I'm serious.  You should.  Do it.

So, I've been getting a lot of stuff and I am not kidding... I only have one face and its pretty small... So I've been putting it all over :D  My legs are practically ten years old they've had so much anti-aging goodness slather on :D

My elbows, heels and knees are perfectly exfoliated.

The lastest Sleeping Pack I got has moisturized my arms very nicely.  No red bumpy upper arms for me!  I mixed it with the Propolis Ampoule, too :D

Might as well use it for something so it doesn't sit in the drawer, right?!

I actually use rich creams (too rich for my oily face) on my neck, arms and legs as well.    If I cannot swap it or sell it, I will use them on the parts of my body that aren't an oil slick!! 

• Saffyra and LuxxyLuxx like this

#Post 27 of 439 OFFLINE   rachelshine

rachelshine

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts
  • Joined 16-October 13
Reviews

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

sadly i havent had a week of no buys but I know they may release points for the public holiday in Korea and waiting to see if correct.

I have never been like this with anything else although I buy ahead on my monthly boxes.

Ohhh I wonder if they will dole out points of their upcoming holiday! I will definitely be on high alert right before and after! 

• Saffyra, veritazy and Gogigirl like this

Trade List! - Updated 6/21, new BB items, some Memebox, and others! 

Summerswap List!! - Cannot.contain.excitement. 

#Post 28 of 439 OFFLINE   Yingtaobang

Yingtaobang

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 06-October 12
Reviews

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

I got the three (green tea, pore care and night care) and I was a little disappointed...like the excitement is wearing off I may end up canceling other boxes...
  • LuxxyLuxx likes this

#Post 29 of 439 OFFLINE   emmamcsquared

emmamcsquared

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 03-June 14
Reviews

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

True story: I haven't received a box and I am feeling addicted.  They keep giving me crazy amounts of points which makes the boxes like TEN TIMES more attractive to buy.  I have like 5 boxes coming for me over the summer/into early fall.  I cannot let myself order any more until I receive my first two boxes.

• Animezing, biancardi, Saffyra and 3 others like this

#Post 30 of 439 OFFLINE   BlackMagicRose

BlackMagicRose

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Joined 11-March 13
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

I also have waaaaay too much stuff from Memebox now... like drawers full of stuff. It's gotten to the point where it's stressing me out more than exciting me since I have no room for all of it! I still have a lot of boxes coming to! Now, I did discover some stuff that I absolutely love, but how many eye creams do I really need (for example)? I did try listing some of it on ebay, but it just doesn't seem like there's a huge market for the stuff. I even cancelled pretty much all the rest of my subscription boxes too! I actually kind of feel like a hoarder right now!  :blush:

• migasa, veritazy and LuxxyLuxx like this

#Post 31 of 439 OFFLINE   LuxxyLuxx

LuxxyLuxx

♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Joined 22-April 14
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:18 PM

I also have waaaaay too much stuff from Memebox now... like drawers full of stuff. It's gotten to the point where it's stressing me out more than exciting me since I have no room for all of it! I still have a lot of boxes coming to! Now, I did discover some stuff that I absolutely love, but how many eye creams do I really need (for example)? I did try listing some of it on ebay, but it just doesn't seem like there's a huge market for the stuff. I even cancelled pretty much all the rest of my subscription boxes too! I actually kind of feel like a hoarder right now!  :blush:

That's exactly how I feel. I have like what, 10 eye creams. a bunch of moisturizers and the list goes on. I went through my drawer today and found stuff I forgot I even got from MEMEBOX. I think the addiction is dwindling down, and I will just stick to trading stuff with other members now, maybe the odd box here and there. :)

• veritazy likes this

#Post 32 of 439 OFFLINE   Paulina PS

Paulina PS

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14
Reviews

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

So far I've bought and received 17 boxes and I still have 14 coming! Which is an awful lot of stuff! There's no denying I'm addicted and it's so hard for me to find any more place in my house to keep all the coming cosmetics. Luckily, these are the only beauty boxes I buy and I pretty much stopped shopping for cosmetics. I also think I'm getting better at controlling myself because I don't feel the need to buy each and every new box immediately. Recently, I've really tried to limit my purchases to the boxes I know I really, really want. Unfortunately, with so many new choices Memebox is providing, there's a good chance I'll always find sth new I want/need.

• rachelshine, Saffyra and veritazy like this

#Post 33 of 439 OFFLINE   ellabella10

ellabella10

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 20-March 14
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

I'm the same. I've received 14 with 15 still to come. I had a huge "spares" pile before memebox, but now it's outta control.

Like others. I think I've reigned in my Pokemon way of thinking and aren't buying a bix now unless it screams at me (like the bubble box). Really tempted by the cacao one though......

I think I'll always get the global ones though, because they always seem to be phenomenal!
  • veritazy likes this

#Post 34 of 439 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

I've been going for the themed ones, which I am glad to see that that some of them are globals.  I do think that the globals can be a better value - after comparing my luckybox  5 (which is like a global in many ways) and superbox green tea 15.

my breakdown is as such

luckybox #5 - luckybox - but I will consider a global because it is similar
Green Tea - superbox
Honey - superbox
Office Essentials - global
Color Box Blue-  global
Grapefruit Scent box -global
Footcare- superbox
Oriental -   global

Milk -  global

Whole Grains - global

Aloe Vera - superbox
Herbal - superbox
Mask #4 - global
Chocolate Box - global
Bubble Pop - superbox

so 6 superboxes, 9 globals

I am a theme person with memebox!!  One day, I will take the plunge and purchase a global that isn't a theme :D

ladies - I thought I had a lot!!  But remember, these purchases all began on May 11th - lol.  How long have you all been purchasing from memebox?

• emmamcsquared likes this

#Post 35 of 439 OFFLINE   Paulina PS

Paulina PS

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:45 AM

I've been going for the themed ones, which I am glad to see that that some of them are globals.  I do think that the globals can be a better value - after comparing my luckybox  5 (which is like a global in many ways) and superbox green tea 15.

my breakdown is as such

luckybox #5 - luckybox - but I will consider a global because it is similar
Green Tea - superbox
Honey - superbox
Office Essentials - global
Color Box Blue-  global
Grapefruit Scent box -global
Footcare- superbox
Oriental -   global

Milk -  global

Whole Grains - global

Aloe Vera - superbox
Herbal - superbox
Mask #4 - global
Chocolate Box - global
Bubble Pop - superbox

so 6 superboxes, 9 globals

I am a theme person with memebox!!  One day, I will take the plunge and purchase a global that isn't a theme :D

ladies - I thought I had a lot!!  But remember, these purchases all began on May 11th - lol.  How long have you all been purchasing from memebox?

Well, I started in January so you're definately a faster buyer than me! LOL

However, I think the excitement wears off a bit with time so I control myself now more than before. So there's a chance you'll be purchasing less with time, too  ;)  ;)

• LuxxyLuxx likes this

#Post 36 of 439 OFFLINE   emmamcsquared

emmamcsquared

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 03-June 14
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

I am in the same boat as you only mine started around April 20th.

The list is thus

• Memebox #12
  • Memebox #13
  • Memebox #14
  • Milk Global
  • Cacao Global
  • Mask Edition #3 Global
  • Mask Edition #4 Global
  • Rose Scentbox Global
  • Night Care Superbox
  • Honey Superbox
  • Burst of Color Superbox

So that is 8 Global 3 Super.  Also I made like 3 accounts to get as many points possible and broke up the orders amongst the accounts for maximum savings.  I also made sure to get the boxes that would ship on the same day on the same account.

And yes, I totally broke my no-buy because cacao box.  Damn you memebox.

#Post 37 of 439 OFFLINE   BlackMagicRose

BlackMagicRose

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Joined 11-March 13
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

I started in February with Memebox #5.2

Memebox #5.2

Memebox #6

Memebox #7

Memebox #8

Memebox #9

Memebox #10

Memebox #11

Luckybox #1

Luckybox #2

Luckybox #4

Superbox #3 (Hydration)

Superbox #6 (Anti-Aging)

Superbox #8 (Missha)

Preordered/Still to Come

Memebox #12

Memebox #13

Memebox #14

Memebox #15

Memebox #16

Memebox Office Essentials

Memebox Oriental Medicine

Superbox #23 (Summer Box) 

I have pretty much had a Pokemon mentality up until a point. That is a great way to put it! It sucks because, as I said, I already feel so overwhelmed, yet I still have so many boxes coming! 

• LuxxyLuxx and emmamcsquared like this

#Post 38 of 439 OFFLINE   Theblondeangel

Theblondeangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Joined 20-May 14
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

I started with memebox 5, and I've gotten these so far:

Memebox global: 5,5-2, 6-2.7,8,9,10,11 
Memebox themed:Hair and body , 10 min, makeup edition, mask edition 1, by nature, banila co, free from oil and trouble
Luckybox: 1,2,3
Superbox: Makeup edition, Tonymoly, TFS, Hydration, Snail 1

Waiting for: 

Hair and body 2
Summer box
Foot box
Bubble pop
Memebox global 12-16
Office essentials

Oriental Medicine
Colorbox Red

Scent bundle (baby powder, grapefruit and rose?)
Hair superbox

Like, I feel like even though I have so many ordered, it's never ENOUGH!!! You know what I mean? :( 
I'm eyeing cacao, collagen and aloe box, trying to control myself :(

• LuxxyLuxx and emmamcsquared like this

#Post 39 of 439 OFFLINE   Jane George

Jane George

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,801 posts
  • Joined 13-February 14
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

here i go on my list. my first box was 5-2 too and so far I have:

memebox #5-2, memebox #6, superbox #1, memebox #7, luckybox #1, thefaceshop superbox, memebox #8, luckybox #2, banila co memebox, memebox #9, hair and body, luckybox #3, memebox #10, mini #2,

and to come I have:

memebox #11, office essentials, hair and body #2, memebox #12, colorbox #2 orange, scentbox bundle 2 + 1, summerbox, oriental medicine, whole grain, milk, color burst #2, herbal cosmetics, cacao, memebox #13, memebox #14, memebox #15, memebox #16

i am addict...... oh dear

• Theblondeangel likes this

#Post 40 of 439 OFFLINE   biancardi

biancardi

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts
  • Joined 07-September 13
Reviews

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

this is fun to see what everyone else has ordered!  

• Theblondeangel likes this

• 2,325,801 Posts
  • 110,530 Members
  • 18,589 Reviews
  • 53,994 Albums