• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

meaganola's Summerswap list

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
First off:  Thank you for reading this post!  Second:  I think my theme song is "Ramble On."  Third:  I love surprises!  If your shopping style hates working off a list, that's fine by me!  I get anxious when I have to shop *without* a list/rules/detailed guidelines, even if it's just a quick grocery run for that night's dinner, so creating long, detailed lists is the sort of thing that I just do pretty much automatically.  For everything.  You should see my desk at work.  List after list with extensive details *everywhere*.  I have packing lists for imaginary trips in the far future I almost definitely won't even take.

A few general things:  I love COLOR.  All of the color.  Except red or orange lipstick, traditional nail polish colors, or black anything (I flat-out *will not* wear black eyeliner).  Alcohol-based fragrance and I do *not* get along, although I love oil-based perfume (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab gets a *lot* of my money!).  I'll wear stuff from every price point and kind of brand, typically at the same time.  essence blush, Le Metier de Beaute eyeliner, indie eyeshadow, and Starlooks Tendergloss?  Sure.  essence is one of my favorite brands, in fact!  I'm very pale and pink.  I have *no clue* what my MAC number is, but I use Missha Perfect Cover bb cream in #21, and some days, I feel like it's a little too dark.  I'm in denial about being in my early 40s.  In my mind and in my heart, it's still 1997.

Hair:  Fine but thick, and I don't use any style/hold products *at all*.  Shampoo, conditioner, masks, oil, and leave-in conditioner for me!  I wash it (concentrating on my scalp) every day.  No dry shampoo for me!  If you have a bunch of shampoo foils you don't know what to do with since there are no matching conditioners (or vice versa), I would be more than happy to help you solve your dilemma.  I pretty much always mix and match that stuff!  Oh, and shoulder-length, goes back and forth between on-the-verge-of-wavy and straight-with-a-flip (think Marlo Thomas as Ann Marie).  It spends a lot of time pulled up in sort of bun being held in place by a big hair claw or a stretchy hair tie (I have so much hair that I have to make my own twistband-type hair ties in order for them to be big enough to do the job).  I would love some more decorative hair restraints!

Skin:  Sensitive and dry, so I love facial oils, but anti-aging stuff is a no-go.  After a *very* nasty reaction to a new moisturizer about a year and a half ago, I tend to just stick with my tried-and-true philosophy purity cleanser and Cetaphil lotion or pretty much any random face oil (because face oils seem to be okay no matter what).

Bath/shower:  I'm shower-only, so things like bath fizzes, bath salts, and bubble bath would go unused, but I love bath oil that I can use directly on my skin instead of lotion.  And I can't use bar soap (it just makes me *itch*), so it's shower gel/cream only for me!

Favorite scent notes:  Orange blossom/neroli, monoi, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's red musk (so fruity!), jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, champaca, Nag Champa, most citrus (not so big on grapefruit.  I don't *hate* it, but if given the choice between orange and grapefruit, it will be orange), pretty much any fruit blossom except cherry blossom, violet, carnation, incense.  I love resiny head shop/fortune teller sorts of things!  I'm *not* big on sweet, foodie, or floral things.

Least favorite scent notes (these can be migraine triggers if I'm not careful):  Anything involving the word "white" or "crystalline", banana, vetiver, berry.  Most florals are also the enemy.

My subs:  Birchbox, ipsy, Square Hue, Scratch, Glamour Doll Eyes, Le Metier de Beaute, Rainbow Honey, Starlooks, innocent+twisted alchemy, Julep (which I usually skip, although not this month), Scratch (ditto).  I think that's it!

Nails:  Always polished or under wraps.  I love nail wraps!  The weirder the better!  I especially covet all of the Masks wraps from Espionage Cosmetics except the all-green ECCC ones (only because I already have those!).  I'm starting to head down the indie polish rabbithole and don't have many currently-available indies (they're pretty much all HIT Polish LE stuff from last fall when they were doing themed quad boxes, like _Fraggle Rock_ and _Dark Crystal_).  I do not like creams or traditional nail polish colors (red, pink, peach, coral, nudes -- work-safe polish is *not* for me)  Greens, blues, silvers, crellies, glitters -- those are more my speed.

Eyes:  Mine are brown.  Indie pigments!  I love them!  I am currently working my way through the Glamour Doll Eyes and Geek Chic Cosmetics lines (read:  I have almost all of the GDE line and am about a third of the way through the GCC line), but I would love to explore other indie brands, especially if they're fandom-related.  I'm a sucker for fandom collections from any brand!  As far as color goes, pretty much anything goes, although I'm not do big on black.  Or matte neutrals.  I keep looking at Sugarpill and not quite getting around to ordering anything.  I don't use liquid liner or mascara.  I *love* eyeliner pencils, but I'm not supposed to be acquiring any more of them outside of my subscriptions because I have probably six dozen now.  Maybe even seven dozen at this point!  

Blush:  I seem to be on a cream blush kick, and I've been gravitating towards pinky-corals lately.  And by "gravitating," I mean I pick them up in the store, sigh because I'm trying to *be good* and not buy any more blush, and put them back down.  But no bronzer, please!  I'm the wrong shade of pale for that.

Lips:  I've been coveting the new lip crayons from pretty much every single company lately.  I haven't bought any, but I *want*!  Preferably stains in watermelon, berry, cherry, hot pink, and pink-coral shades.  Popsicle lips!  I love pretty much any lip product, though.  Lipstick, gloss, balm, cream, stain, scrub -- if it goes on my lips, I'll try it.  Unless it's a plumping product.  Those are Bad News for me.  No red or orange, please!  I have *way* too much red, and I just hate the color orange.  I have Very Bad Associations with it.  I'm not big on subtle color, either.  I mean, I'll wear it, but it's not my go-to first choice when heading out to face the world!  Brand-wise, I seriously do not care.  Wet'n'Wild, essence, Maybelline, NYX, Urban Decay, Chanel, indies -- I'll wear it all, frequently on the same day.  Except L'Oreal.  I remember their stuff as smelling really weird.  (And I just realized I do not own one single NYX lip product!  I think the only things I do own from them, period, are a couple of eye pencils that I use as pigment base!)

My favorite Lush products I keep not getting aground to buying, just to give you an idea of the sort of thing on my "I will buy this some day" list:

• Ibiza Party shampoo
  • Shower gels:  It's Raining Men, Happy Hippy, Olive Branch, Back for Breakfast, Flying Fox
  • Shower jellies:  any of them!
  • Shower smoothies:  Turkish Delight, LUSH Lime Smoothie
  • (I love their massage bars, too, but I can't have them in my apartment from June until September because they will liquify due to the heat.  Sad panda time!)

Fortune Cookie Soap:  I love their shower gel, body butter, and sugar scrubs!  Especially the latter!  My favorites of the currently-available scents:  Lemon Drop It Like It's Hot, Sweet Dreamsicle, A Nod to the Hippies.  I loved Make It Rain but missed out on it during the clearance sale!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have kitties, so candles and reed diffusers are BAD BAD BAD, but I do have a wax tart warmer (IT IS SO CUTE I CANNOT BELIEVE IT IS REAL!  IT IS A MAMA TURTLE WITH A *BABY TURTLE* ON HER BACK!  Ahem.  it *is* adorable, though).  And I don't wear jewelry beyond the occasional long necklace because it bugs me.

If for some reason you want even more detail or Sephora/amazon/etsy wishlists, there's a whole book on my Midsummer Dreamlist page over here:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/132070-meaganolas-midsummer-nights-dreamlist/

Thanks for reading this particular novel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back