• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rachelshine's SummerSwap Ramblings/Desires/Musings/Etc

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay! I finally get to participate in one of these bad boys :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I basically stole this questionnaire from other people's profile in hopes to help you out! I'm also working on building a few public wishlists that I can add onto this baby for you too, but really, anything and everything will be fun. It's like Hanukkah coming early! 

Typical Style

• Makeup: My typical FOTD is a relatively natural eye (love my N3), with a bold lip, and some kind of blush. I am really into indie makeup right now and am loving all the fun blush colors right now. Who would have thought that lavender blush, blue blush, duochrome blush even would be so pretty!! (I may have a blush problem...) As for my coloring, I don't use MAC foundation and ergo don't know my NCblahblah, but the Naked Foundation in N2.0 is a perfect match! Also, Missha BB Cream in 21 works like a charm too. 
  • Hair: My hair is super long right, not quite to my booty, but almost there. It's naturally wavy and I am far to lazy to ever do anything to it. I am more of a wake up and go girl, so I love finding products that enhance the wave or tame frizzies. Nothing too heavy though. There's a lot of it and it's colored right now (a fun dark red color). I am trying to go more natural with the products I put in it too. I am a big, big fan of sea salt sprays! 
  • Nails: I randomly just put acrylics on because my natural nails were being beezies and kept breaking and peelings and being rude, but I still paint them all the time. I love pastels, neons, dark vampy colors (even in the summer, yes). I love glitter top coats. Not super huge on the rest of the texture trend, except Pixies. Keep the weird metallic thing away. Holographic ones are cool too. The rest of the glitters, meh. Jellies are okay too. I was subscribed to Julep, but have skipped basically the last two years as nothing caught my fancy. I am getting more into indies as they seem to be coming up with more intriguing colors and collections (I would LOVE something from Loaded Lacquer, just can never catch her restock, Texting on the Dance Floor/Dog Ate My Homework/Steampunk etc!!) Ohh, I hate yellow and orange nail polish on me though, it just looks yucky on my pale self. 
  • Skincare (face/neck): Really need to find  a new cleanser, have a Clarisonic and love it. I use Bliss Oxygen Cleanser right now, but would be open to a new one. I also use moisturizer (dream bounce cream, what what!!). I have slightly oily skin on my forehead and chin, only breakout on my chin when it's that time of the month. Love SPF because I am in AZ, land of the 100+ summers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Ohh, masks are always great too. I am a big fan of charcoal masks. I love to try any kind of black mask. 
  • Bodycare (every where else): LOL umm, lotion is always nice, but I don't really need more. Bring on other crap more!
  • Cruelty-free or vegan: Definitely trying to convert more over to cruelty free brands, but if something is incredible....
  • What make-up items do you use every day: Lately, BB Cream, blush or bronzer, mascara (been digging Mally's, but MUFE Aqua Lash is my HG for sure), and Shiro's Tinted Lip Balms. Also, throw on a fun loose eyeshadow from Glamour Eye Dolls and boom, out the door. If I am feeling fancy, I do my brows with Anastasia's brow powder or Dipbrow. 
  • What's one item/product are you interested in, but just haven't gotten around to trying? I really need to find a good setting powder, I want to try an indie one. I have used MUFE's before, but would prefer to try an indie product. I also haven't tried any Tarte cheek stains, the Balm products, any sort of snail products, things with honey. Ohh, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, Guerlain Meteorites, and YSL Touche Eclat if we're being fancy as fuq. Ohhh, I'd love to try fake eyelashes too! I tried some once and failed horribly. LUSH products are also on my list, their cleansers and shampoo bars specifically. Oh, shower bombs too! I don't have a bath, but shower bombs! I'd love to try some Fortune Cookie Soap products as well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • What's one product can you just not get enough of? Lipstick. I have a problem. So many lipsticks and I want more! I love them all. Oh, brushes. All the makeup brushes. I desperately need a stippling brush now that I think of it. 
  • Subs I current get: Right now, Birchbox. I do have Julep, but end up skipping most months. I've also purchased a few Memeboxes. I cancelled Glossybox mostly due to their crap CS. I've started to dip my toes into Indie Sub boxes as well and would love to get food boxes (minus Nature Box, had them and quickly nixed it). 
Colors:

• Favorite color: Purple, emerald, rose gold, ohh and turquoise. 
  • Favorite color combination? Makeup wise, I use greens and golds together a lot. Life wise, black and purple! 
  • What one color (not brand/product specific) do you use more than any other? Rose gold, it's so pretty! And goes well with my hair :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Color(s) to avoid? Yellow, all shades really. Some people can rock it, I am not one of them. There is a specific shade of neon yellow I adore (it's more green now that I think about it) but really stay away just in case. Also, oranges unless it's lipstick. I am not a huge pink fan, again that rule doesn't apply unless it's like fuschia lipstick. 
Yes/No?

• Foils: Just a few. 
  • Deluxe Samples: Oh la la, ya!
  • Hair Oil: Hmm, maybe like a deep treatment oil. 
  • Face Oil: No, I don't need any. 
  • Perfume: I stay away from very sweet scents, foodie, and floral ones too. I like vanilla (not foodie vanilla, but real vanilla), like notes of tobacco, amber, Egyptian musk, leather, pumpkin, myrrh etc. I am really, REALLY, into indie perfumeries right now. My favorite right now is Private Eye from Solstice Scents. I got a sample of it and am obsessed. 
  • Sunblock/Sunscreen: Why not, can always use it. 
  • Self-tanner/tanning wipes: Nope, I am so freaking white and would really look weird tan lol. 
Fun stuff:

• What do you do in your spare time? Cook! I love to cook, especially Mexican, Mediterranean, and Italian food. Also big on wine. I really want to get into baking more too. I am getting back into yoga and pilates too, trying to find my inner zen :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Favorite TV shows: Arrested Development, Shameless, Archer, Doctor Who, Brooklyn 99, Game of Thrones, and VEEP!!
  • Movies: The Labyrinth for sure (ugh Bowie is so hot!, also can there please be a makeup collection about this already??), Nightmare Before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 007 movies (Doctor No, Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, Goldfinger, From Russia With Love) 
  • Books: Haa, far too many! I am quite into getting cookbooks though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Hogwarts house: Gryffindor, DUH. Though, I love all the house colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • What non-beauty item(s) would send you over the moon? Ohhh, cooking things! Pretty paper is nice. Jewelry! I am really into midi rings right now, IDK why. Long necklaces too. And candles, me gusta candles. And reed diffusers. Nice smelly things. I don't have one of those melter thingies tho for tarts :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • Pirates or ninjas? Pirates!! Ninjas are cool, but pirates can be sexy (mostly if they are Orlando Bloom) and they drink rum. 
  • Zombies: I enjoy Walking Dead and liked Zombieland a lot. 
  • Disney! Favorite movie, hero, villain? Snap, this is hard!!! Okay, favorite movie...The Little Mermaid, I looooved Ariel growing up, she's probably why I always color my hair red. And forced my mom to make me a mermaid costume one year for halloween. Hero, I just rewatched Hunchback of Notre Dame, so I am going to go with Esmeralda for being a badass, plus love her makeup! And villain, Maleficent, hands down. So fierce, so evil, so awesome. 
  • Because it's not on here and I want to put: STEVIE NICKS IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. I honestly love her too much. Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite bands, it's the best driving music, studying/work music, getting down to ~business~ music if you catch my drift. Anyway, I probably put them on almost every day and if I could be anyone, it would be Stevie. UGH. Her style is amaze and she is just 100% Stevie. Flawless. Okay, just had to get that out. 
Wishlists:
Sephora
Amazon Makeup
Amazon Nails 

Birchbox Wishlist

I hope this helps you a little!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back