Makeup/beauty brands for sensitive skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So went to the docs and turns out I have an allergy to SLS - Its a type of detergent found in alot of cosmetics and cleansers/moisturisers. He said my skin is sensitive and I need something natural. Every time I wear lipstick my lips get really itchy and red. Can anyone recommend a good brand that makes cosmetics with natural products for sensitive skin (no sls, parabens etc). I use Sukin organics for my cleanser, toner and moisturiser and its great... pitty they don't make makeup! Preferably in Australia but I also don't mind buying online if I have too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@auschica

For makeup I know Physician's Formula are all paraben free, I don't really know about specific brand and cosmetics products - but I highly recommend for you to visit iherb.com - This website has thousands of cosmetics products that are made fro natural and organic ingredients, of many many brands. All the products has a lot of reviews too, so that could be helpful for you. They prices are good, and they ship worldwide for 4$ if I remember correctly.

(If you do like it and find thing that you like, I can give yo a code for 10$ off, but I don't know if I can write it here, so send me a privet message and I'll give it to you)

I hope that was helpful and good luck! 

You may want to take a look at Beautypedia for reviews of products -- they rate based on not only the function of the products but the potential irritants in the ingredients. It was founded by Paula Begoun, who also wrote Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, which gets updated every year and provides similar info.

On that same note, I've found that Paula's own line of skincare and cosmetics, Paula's Choice, is wonderful stuff. They also sell samples for a nominal fee, and with a $5 order you get three more for free. Generally, I've found you can get a week's worth of a moisturizer or cleanser to try for that $5 easily. Their cosmetics are a secondary line, but all the ingredients are listed on the product page for you to see. 

Tarte is one of the brands that is paraben- and SLS-free, and largely natural. I've had good luck with their products. 

Too Faced provides a list in their FAQ of products that are paraben-free. I love everything of theirs I've used before.

This is just off the top of my head.

Make sure to read the actual ingredient lists, not the ad copy. "Natural" is a term that gets thrown around very loosely, be extra wary if your derm "just happens" to sell the recommended products.

Back