Fall Makeup Trends

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Have any of you found items that are trending for fall that you own already? A lot of us are gonna get pulled into the whirlwind of buying the new fall makeup lines and I just wanted to list a few fall makeup trends that I've heard about so far so that you guys could see if you already own some similar items already and won't have to purchase. I know that I tend to buy items every season that are only a shade or two different than what I already have. I found a lot of trends coming out for fall that I already had on my vanity!!!!!

*Purple Shimmer Eyeshadow and eyeliner 

*Coral/ Orange blush

*Nude Lips

*Metallic Nail Polish

*Naturally glowing Skin (BB Creams and light coverage foundation)

Here are a few of the things I found will be trends that I already own. If you have any others please share them.

I tend to not follow trends unless I really like the look. In general, I just adjust my makeup to reflect the season, like using brighter colors for spring and sumer and wamping it up a bit for fall and winter.

With that in mind, I need to get some nice wine colored lipsticks.

Usually fall features deep bronze and jewel tone eyeshadows, dark red lips and nails. Expect purples to go to smoky plums, Just generally darker, richer smoky shades. JMHO

I go full-force-freak-mode for fall. With Halloween (and the days surrounding it/leading up to it) being the most flamboyant. I'm not much for trends- I just want fall to be here so I can somewhat justify my scary-ness haha.

But yeah, in fall I love deep reds and purple lips, and a matte face. Eyeshadows galore- but I do tend to lean towards orange, rust, blacks, purple, golds, etc. I already own enough of everything, I swear I'm NOT gonna fall for any trendy schemes, dammit. lol. I have my fall stuff already out so I don't feel so ...deprived?...not buying anything.

I miss shopping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reds and golds are my go to colors for fall makeup. I'm on the fence about purple (especially lipstick) it's a bit out of the box for me but I guess I should give it more of a try. I wore some purple lipstick last Valentine's Day and my husband was not a fan lol

Reds and golds are my go to colors for fall makeup. I'm on the fence about purple (especially lipstick) it's a bit out of the box for me but I guess I should give it more of a try. I wore some purple lipstick last Valentine's Day and my husband was not a fan lol
You don't have to go full on purple. Maybe try something more plum. That would work great for fall. And a plum lip with some gold toned eyeshadow would be gorgeous.

I'm not really sure what the Fall Beauty trends are yet for this year, but I just looked some up, and I'm loving the brown, subtle smokey eye at Oscar de la Renta (below):

fall-2014-nyfw-makeup-looks-oscar-de-la-renta.jpg

Also, I've seen lots of minimal makeup where the skin is the star, and lashes aren't even painted very obviously. I've seen wet-look hair, but.... I don't know what I could pull off!

I think I need to buy a good cool-toned contour powder, and Pumpkin and Poppy Oak Bark is looking like it'll be the one for me.

ETA:

I think my 'fall look' will consist of the following in rotation:

1. A pixie haircut wig

2. Lots of boots, scarves, sweaters, and flannel

3. Eye gloss- yes, glossy eyes

4. Soft smoked eyes with greys, taupes, and browns

5. Strong brows

6. Stained lips?

7. Contoured face

8. Dewy skin

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have made me really excited to give this purple thing a try! I'm thinking a slight purple smokey eye with a nude lip is probably gonna be my first step. I'm really gonna try to come up with as many different looks that I can using purple without looking like I'm playing dress up....wish me luck lol

I'm also looking forward to wearing boots and sweaters. There's just something about fall fashion.....

I don't follow trends! I like to just do whatever I feel like for the day (whenever I wear colorful clothing, it tends to clash severely with my makeup :lol: ) but one thing I do have to do for fall/winter is go to a pinker foundation, which isn't really a trend, but just something I'm anticipating for the upcoming months.

I also start to use less shimmer and more matte on the face (because I am not sweating as much) and I just bough my first berry lipstick! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I never thought I'd find a berry that I liked, but when I tried the new Kat VonD Studded Kiss Lipstick in Wolvesmouth, I had to have it. It is gorgeous, and I will be wearing it a ton!

Regarding the purple trend, I'm kind of excited about trying out a purple blush, but I'm not sure what to go with. I was originally thinking OCC's color concentrate in Mirium, but it may be too airy and light for fall.

Regarding the purple trend, I'm kind of excited about trying out a purple blush, but I'm not sure what to go with. I was originally thinking OCC's color concentrate in Mirium, but it may be too airy and light for fall.
[SIZE=14.4444446563721px]OCC's purple does seem to be very faint. I saw a blush by MUF called Lavender that might be a little more pimented and if you don't like that one try MAC's Full of Joy (if you want a frost finish) or Rhubarb if frost isn't your thing. NYX also has a purple but I'm not sure what it's called.[/SIZE]

I agree that all trends are not meant to be followed and really it's just a fun jumping on the band wagon type of thing lol of course I will still wear whatever I want but I like to know what 'trendy' things are out there too.

You guys have made me really excited to give this purple thing a try! I'm thinking a slight purple smokey eye with a nude lip is probably gonna be my first step. I'm really gonna try to come up with as many different looks that I can using purple without looking like I'm playing dress up....wish me luck lol

I'm also looking forward to wearing boots and sweaters. There's just something about fall fashion.....
I actually just bought two of the new gel powder eyeshadows from Milani, in the navy and the purple. I did a smokey eye look for my blog that i posted in the FOTD. It came out really nice and I imagine it would be just as pretty with the purple.

I don't now if this is a fall trend, but it seems like a good fall thing to do : Navy eyeliner, specifically navy kitten eyes (baby cat eyes).

I was at Ulta today and tried out the new It Cosmetics waterproof gel eyeliners- the Navy spoke to me.

I also want to up my concealer and brow game for Fall. I feel like face makeup can be kept to a minimum, go with defining the eyes, making skin even-toned, maybe some neutral blush as color and contour... see how it goes. Plan on keeping my lips nudeish this Fall, as that seems to be the trend.

photo 2 (5).JPG

navyliner.jpg

I didn't get into makeup until last winter, so this will be my first time doing fall makeup! I'm excited to try out some darker lip colors. I don't know if I'll be able to pull them off, but I love the idea of plum/berry/vampier lips.

I honestly cannot wait to try out darker lips (dark reds and plums). In my opinion dark lipstick is the first place my mind goes when I think of fall. I recently just got into lipsticks so I guess that's why I am super excited. Other than that I think I'm going to be doing a ton of dark cut eye shadow looks. OMG I'M SO EXCITED FOR FALL! 

I'm actually looking to switch things up: Nude eyes, orange lips and plum blush. Thoughts? Could I post a picture and you guys tell me if I can pull it off or no?
I'd love to see a pic! That sound like a perfect combination. I just did a look on my YT channel using a purple smokey eye with nude lips. I was thinking that I should try a bold lippy next.....but idk I'm not much of a bold type of gal lol

Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush, in Orchid Hush is a good baby step into purple blush but not what you're looking for from what you said, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, eyeshadow may be an easier thing to acquire. Better shade selection, lots of differences in pigmentation, just a lot of options. I think a blendable purple cream eyeshadow would look gorgeous as blush. 

Is it bad that my mind immediately went to contouring with purple? I think the right person could easily pull that off if well balanced. 

Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush, in Orchid Hush is a good baby step into purple blush but not what you're looking for from what you said, I just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, eyeshadow may be an easier thing to acquire. Better shade selection, lots of differences in pigmentation, just a lot of options. I think a blendable purple cream eyeshadow would look gorgeous as blush. 

Is it bad that my mind immediately went to contouring with purple? I think the right person could easily pull that off if well balanced. 
Thanks! I have one Dream Bouncy in Plum Wine I think- Orchid Hush sounds really pretty, I'll check it out.

I love the idea of using a purple eyeshadow as blush!

Contouring with a purple blush would be cool too!

You know what I think would look wonderful this fall? A look that was on Jason Wu's Spring 2014 runway. The brown sparkle eye. God that was gorgeous! I want to try to recreate it!

small_Fustany-Beauty-Makeup_Trends_from_New_York_Fashion_Week_Spring_2014-Jason_Wu.jpg

So pretty!

Jason_Wu_runway_makeup_tutorial_Lancome.jpg

Here's a tutorial- it seems like it'd be rather simple. I just need to get my hands on some gold glitter.

Also, how pretty is this? Oh my gosh!!!!!

makeup-madness-83.jpg

That looks so lovely and reminds me of autumn with the addition of the warm orange on top.

188effa972bb0790e975d9530992fa91.jpg

I like this hairstyle for Fall.

8d23fcda06e0d8c3b59317a28ae6fa33.jpg

I love this high shine jelly raincoat in deep green.

Latest posts

Back