Lizzy Caplan's undertone, any guess? (see pictures)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know if you guys are familiar with Lizzy Caplan (remember when she was Janis Ian in Mean Girls?). Anyway, I'm a tad obsessed with her skin tone/undertone. She's pale, but not ivory or alabaster. She's not tanned like Jennifer Aniston. It seems to me she has a light olive undertone, which confuses me when it comes to cool/warm. For example, which MAC foundation color would suit her the best? Very intriguing. Weigh in here, people, her complexion is driving me crazy! :D

Some pictures below:

lizzy01.jpg

lizzy02.jpg

lizzy03.jpg

Her undertones seems "Neutral Cool" to me since she seems to have a mix of warm undertones like the golden as well as some cool undertones. (You can really see some pink, yellow and olive, depending on where you look on her face and neck...) It does seem like what makup she was wearing in the bottom is less suited to her natural skin tone than on the top though.. (He neck is so much lighter and cool than her face in the bottom.)

If I were going to do her makeup, I would probably use a Neutral Cool and also a bit of Neutral foundation from MAC since her mouth area seems quite a bit more on the warm side than her cheeks, forhead and neck and having both would probably help even out her skin tone if used right..  Really though, I'd SOOOO much rather get to do a stripe test on her face when it's fresh and un-makeuped. lol I'm super new to doing others makeup. >//<;;;

Alright makeup gods... tear what I said to shreds! LOL (I love being told when I'm wrong.. it's totally the best way for me to learn. At least if what I said was stupid I'll proudly accept it. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Last edited by a moderator:
She's a yellow undertone. You can see her skin reflects more yellow than anything else. Any redness could be due to sun exposure.

I would say neutral-warm. It is really hard to tell in pictures, for many reasons. First Photoshop, lighting, and just the colors of the computer screen. It would be best to see her in person, but I don't think that is an option. Good luck!

Back